AAU Middle School State

deadlift

Bates doesn't live in TN anymore. Mason isn't wrestling in state tourney last I heard.

Bates is registered under a team TN club and plans to wrestle in TNAAU state tournament.

It looks like me and Shaner have been hearing the exact same thing. If that is true about Mason then that kind of leaves 125 open. That's why it would be nice to have regionals to go off of for predictions. I'm sure there's some kids that have been wrestling out of state, or with their middle school team as well that I left off. Everything right now is pure speculation. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennstatewrestlingfan.... No idea who you are but pretty impressive on picks.... Very knowledgable on MS....and Mason will be on my dual team but not wrestling in Indv tournament.

That's good to know about Mason. It's probably a waste of his time other than making the Iowa team anyway. It's not everyday an 8th grader can make the state finals in high school. You are doing great things for Cleveland.

That's good to know about Mason. It's probably a waste of his time other than making the Iowa team anyway. It's not everyday an 8th grader can make the state finals in high school. You are doing great things for Cleveland.

I appreciate that, we are blessed with great opportunities and people in Cleveland.

Edited by JBoskenUSAW

Some people are predicting Mason would win at 125 if he decides to wrestle in this tournament. Why would he compete at 125 when he competed at 126 on the varsity level for Baylor? Not trying to offend anyone but folks we are talking about the AAU middle school state tournament in Tennessee. Would he not bump up to 130 or 135 and try to allow his body to start growing for next season? JMO, but kids cutting more than 2 or 3 pounds for a local or state middle school tournament is nuts.

Option to wrestle in high school as an 8th grader!

I wish all 8th grade wrestlers had the same opportunity to compete / practice against high school kids all year long and also have the option of wrestling TSSAA and the AAU state tournaments. is it a State rule or school board rule that keeps most wrestlers from getting that opportunity?        

I wish all 8th grade wrestlers had the same opportunity to compete / practice against high school kids all year long and also have the option of wrestling TSSAA and the AAU state tournaments. is it a State rule or school board rule that keeps most wrestlers from getting that opportunity?

I hear it's a TSSAA rule but I've never personally seen it. It is followed religiously here in Clarksville Montgomery County. Our MS and HS wrestlers cannot be on the same mat at the same time. The only time our MS and HS wrestlers could be on the same mat together would be in a club setting using AAU or USA insurance. I know the private schools are different but some public schools make their own rules too.

It is a TSSAA rule.  No time to look it up for a direct quote right now but if I remember correctly the stipulations for 8th graders to compete on the varsity level is that 1) the schools must be on the same campus and 2) that the schools must roll-up underneath the same headmaster / principal / etc.

Essentially I believe the same eligibility rules would govern their ability to practice together.

The TNAAU has no stipulations regarding 8th graders competing on the varsity level and their eligibility for the state tournament.

It is a TSSAA rule. No time to look it up for a direct quote right now but if I remember correctly the stipulations for 8th graders to compete on the varsity level is that 1) the schools must be on the same campus and 2) that the schools must roll-up underneath the same headmaster / principal / etc.

Essentially I believe the same eligibility rules would govern their ability to practice together.

The TNAAU has no stipulations regarding 8th graders competing on the varsity level and their eligibility for the state tournament.

It is a TSSAA rule.  No time to look it up for a direct quote right now but if I remember correctly the stipulations for 8th graders to compete on the varsity level is that 1) the schools must be on the same campus and 2) that the schools must roll-up underneath the same headmaster / principal / etc.

Yes it is. A girl playing at Bradley in basketball played for East Hamilton last year as an 8th grader under this rule.