Did the TSSAA do the right thing in disqualify Riverdale and Smyrna from

lawnman

So, who's the determiner of right for every 3/4 game in the district tournaments during post season?  How about region finals?  You gotta a guy in mind that's going to scrutinize substitutions, why starters are out and basketball strategy?  In the baseball analogy, are you going to dictate that teams throw one of their top 3 pitchers, maybe set a rotation prior to post season that everybody signs off on.  Who decides what is right?

There are degrees of 'wrong' if you're talking about playing every game to win.  In the current system, coaches absolutely do not make their best effort to win during these post season non elimination games.  They set strategy for the path of least resistance that gets them further along in the tournament.  That's the big picture.

Knowing right from wrong is something you should have learned in your development years.

This is not something you can learn from a forum.

I guess that is why they were playing in the consolation game.

Seriously though, the one year suspension seems to be fair. I, too, hope they keep their teaching positions and learn from this.

Hubbard....if you know anything about 7-AAA, you would know that just winning the district is like winning the state championship. The top teams play national schedules against top 20 teams in the country.

I'm not looking for a primer in right from wrong.  I'm setting up a post season format where it's never in debate.  A 'How to Run a Post Season Tournament for Dummies' guide where you can't assume that every participant is going to do the right thing.  A system where the rules in place make it impossible to cheat without eliminating your team from the post season by default rather than making every non elimination game an exercise in ethics.

Doing right rather than wrong is rhetoric.  There will be coaches that hide that they are doing wrong in the current system.  At their own risk of course, but examining the process of how we ended up here has to include some discussion about the logic in the system.

You have no idea. You are just trying to hate BC someone in charge showed sense instead of going with the lynch mob. See y'all next year.

This has nothing to do with 'hate'. You stand on your moral high horse and espouse beliefs and attack those who have different views from your own? You do not know me. You have no knowledge of what kind of person I am. Yet you accuse me of 'hating' because you made what I consider a completely idiotic comment and I questioned it.

Just so you understand, my post that you replied to had nothing to do with the suspension/firing of these people. Maybe you meant to reply to my earlier post, and if so that would at least be more relevant. It would not excuse your hatred of me, but it would have at least been relevant.

(See what I did there?) I accused you of hatred without even knowing you. I assure you that it was done tongue-in-cheek, and I apologize if it offended you.

I'm not looking for a primer in right from wrong.  I'm setting up a post season format where it's never in debate.  A 'How to Run a Post Season Tournament for Dummies' guide where you can't assume that every participant is going to do the right thing.  A system where the rules in place make it impossible to cheat without eliminating your team from the post season by default rather than making every non elimination game an exercise in ethics.

Doing right rather than wrong is rhetoric.  There will be coaches that hide that they are doing wrong in the current system.  At their own risk of course, but examining the process of how we ended up here has to include some discussion about the logic in the system.

Ethics is not rhetoric unless your conscience needs it to be.

Now if you want to set that discussion aside, then we can talk about a dream tournament structure "for dummies", as you say. However, no structure will stop cheating is some form or another. Don't get me wrong, I am not defending the current structure. I would like to hear your plan.

Hubbard....if you know anything about 7-AAA, you would know that just winning the district is like winning the state championship. The top teams play national schedules against top 20 teams in the country.

That is definitely a very strong district.

My apologies, I should have let you off the hook on your emotion based response.

Best of luck next year.

That is definitely a very strong district.

My apologies, I should have let you off the hook on your emotion based response.

Best of luck next year.

Thank you Hubbard. I have been personally attacked for days in here because of my strong belief that i dont back down on in spite lynch mob. School Board ended seeing it the same as me in severity. Now we will hear from lynch mob about how the system failed bc Coach Barrett not fired by board. We all are flawed people and need grace and mercy. I need it more than anyone. Edited by WarriorFan

In my humble opinion( and that is what it is) the tournament is the issue. In NO way should any team be able to lose 3 games but be able to make the State tournament!!!! Last year a girls team made the State with 3 losses then lost a game in the State for their 4th tourney loss. Should never be allowed. If you lose you should be OUT.

If you think about it