Fresh/Soph AAU Team Tn. Line-up

werazzlin

Don't leave out 113# state champion Raymond Eason

Good point,  I was thinking of the other Elkin at 120#  that almost beat the junior from Ryan . You are right though, if he can make 113, It would  even give more depth because he is so tall, he could be "bumped" around if necessary to 120#.  Anyone know how did he do at Prep Nationals?

That looks like a tough team. Reiniche should be on the MS team I'm assuming.

This is correct, AAU rules don't allow for 8th graders to compete in this dual so he is going to compete on the team TN Middle school team.

Edited by durdon

They had a huge booth, trailer, sitting out. With sign up sheets and plenty of information.

So you are telling me that if the wrestler or their parent did not go by the booth they would not know to signup? Is this really the best way to advertise the opportunity to the best wrestlers in Tennessee or is it just a way to form a team and have the kids you want on the team? I know everyone does it differently but long ago when I put together "All-Star" teams I would ask the kids & parents directly or at the very least give them a phone call. I understand that I am just old school with how I do business. Edited by cbg

So you are telling me that if the wrestler or their parent did not go by the booth they would not know to signup? Is this really the best way to advertise the opportunity to the best wrestlers in Tennessee or is it just a way to form a team and have the kids you want on the team? I know everyone does it differently but long ago when I put together "All-Star" teams I would ask the kids & parents directly or at the very least give them a phone call. I understand that I am just old school with how I do business.

They got who they wanted on the team.

So you are telling me that if the wrestler or their parent did not go by the booth they would not know to signup? Is this really the best way to advertise the opportunity to the best wrestlers in Tennessee or is it just a way to form a team and have the kids you want on the team? I know everyone does it differently but long ago when I put together "All-Star" teams I would ask the kids & parents directly or at the very least give them a phone call. I understand that I am just old school with how I do business.

I personally emailed every High school coach (thanks for the list CV), before state with the information and asked them to pass it on to their kids. All coaches were told this is our first year doing it and we needed to know who was interested. Any wrestler wanting to be on the team needed to stop by the booth and sign up so we would have their contact information. The coaches had to select a team, start collecting funds and schedule practices. Trying to track down people to find out if they simply wanted to go added time we did not have. Thus, we felt if they were interested they could provide their contact information while in the building at state.

If a wrestler did not get this information from their coach, I would suggest speaking with the coach. If they are not on the coaches email list, CV does a great job, they need to get added so they don't miss future information. 

• Upvote 1