Pickett County @ Van Buren

TNBball43

You are correct, Van Buren and Clay Co were pretty even this year. 7A's fourth place team.

Bob77, I hope you were just trying to stir the pot with that post? Clay county has had their share of good teams over the years, but this year wasn't one of them. Monterey (3 wins going in) put them out of the district tournament. Tnbball15's prediction of VB finishing 3rd or 4th in District 7a is probably accurate but they deserved more credit than what you give them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at this game, somehow knew it was would be a wasted trip.  I was looking forward to seeing the Miss Basketball finalist play, she is a player but it is too bad for her she is all they have.  They play in a weak weak weak district and the region isn't much better.  I will say she is a good player, but one player can only carry a team so far.  Sorry she wasn't up to par but even if she was it wouldn't have mattered.

Very impressive night for Pickett, their coach definitely had his girls ready to play.  You could tell from the beginning which team deserved to be in that sub state game and headed to state.  Their defense was spot on and that confidence flowed into their offense.  If VB was in their district they would have finished third or fourth at best.  That says it all!

Best of luck to PC if they put it all on the floor they will have a shot at winning state!!  Can't wait to see how it finishes for them.

VanBuren would have been no better than 4th maybe 5th in 7A.  They do benefit from playing in very weak district/region for sure but that's not their fault.  They play hard and earned the right to host a substate game.  Cudo's to them!

Bob77, I hope you were just trying to stir the pot with that post? Clay county has had their share of good teams over the years, but this year wasn't one of them. Monterey (3 wins going in) put them out of the district tournament. Tnbball15's prediction of VB finishing 3rd or 4th in District 7a is probably accurate but they deserved more credit than what you give them.

I was just being honest, sorry if I offended you. It was in no way a knock on VBC, it was a statement on the strength of district 7A.

i actually thought pickett was very weak this year.

They were weak at times. I only saw them play in person once this year against RBS, and they did not play well. They were playing with confidence, and were shooting lights out at the end of the year. They wiggled off the hook against Jackson Co in district, otherwise Clarkrange probably would have sent them home. They never give up, great team quality. They will be tough next year for sure.

VB had a good team but remember they were beaten by Jackson County at home and away by 20 points and JC finished 3rd in 7A this year so in my opinion they would have been no better than 4th.  How could they have been?  VB is like a lot of small county schools, you only get the kids that grow up there to play ball for you so as a coach you do the best you can with what you have and i think VB's coaches have done a heck of a job!  VB has great tradition and a great fan base and its always a tough place to play up there on the mountain and i credit that to the kids that play there.  They play hard and have alot of pride for their school and community.  VB had an awesome year, congrats to them and their community!!!

i actually thought pickett was very weak this year.

You may have seen them several times this year. However if the only time you saw them happened to be when they played at Sparta, then you saw their worst game of the year. They played that night without Freshman Courtney Pritchett who was arguably their best offensive player. I thought Pickett had a good class A team this year.

• 1 year later...

You may have seen them several times this year. However if the only time you saw them happened to be when they played at Sparta, then you saw their worst game of the year. They played that night without Freshman Courtney Pritchett who was arguably their best offensive player. I thought Pickett had a good class A team this year.

How did summer camp go?