who will be William blount next head coach?

You and throwaway are a JOKE. HE was not fired and I know all the facts. The sheriff department will be conclude their investigation with nothing to show against Philip. This is whole situation is bull. 1st the BOARD and county comptroller found no wrong doings as to Philip involvement with booster club. 2nd Wayne Armstrong is a coward and a joke. Philip had no access to checks and funds without Wayne Armstrong knowledge. Wayne (throwaway) has deflected blame and cause as soon as Justus scared him. Wayne you need to keep your mouth shut and I have been on the sideline watching this to long. 3rd Oakland wanted Philip but the principal was told by Dr Odom to back off. Dr odom was mad because of the parents relentless phone call, emails, and request for documents.

As for WBlount Philip is interested and I hope he goes and I will come with him and possibly one other IF he is offered the job. Oh yea before you say don't hide behind your username, my name is Craig Harris the defensive line coach at Blackman when Philip was there. I don't hide so throwaway you and mykidsdad need to know what your talking about or do us all a favor and shut up. Cowards

Awesome post. I'm a WB traitor (regrettably) but wish nothing but the best for my school. Look forward to seeing you on the sideline.

You and throwaway are a JOKE. HE was not fired and I know all the facts. The sheriff department will be conclude their investigation with nothing to show against Philip. This is whole situation is bull. 1st the BOARD and county comptroller found no wrong doings as to Philip involvement with booster club. 2nd Wayne Armstrong is a coward and a joke. Philip had no access to checks and funds without Wayne Armstrong knowledge. Wayne (throwaway) has deflected blame and cause as soon as Justus scared him. Wayne you need to keep your mouth shut and I have been on the sideline watching this to long. 3rd Oakland wanted Philip but the principal was told by Dr Odom to back off. Dr odom was mad because of the parents relentless phone call, emails, and request for documents.

As for WBlount Philip is interested and I hope he goes and I will come with him and possibly one other IF he is offered the job. Oh yea before you say don't hide behind your username, my name is Craig Harris the defensive line coach at Blackman when Philip was there. I don't hide so throwaway you and mykidsdad need to know what your talking about or do us all a favor and shut up. Cowards

You definitely appear in the know. Thanks for your candidness. Can you share the school boards role in this? Whose side are they in? Why did they not step in? It seems as if they should have been on his side, but I have heard the opposite. I can't imagine a new principle running off GQ without our school board weighing on HEAVILY.

I have a prep football show and I interview Coaches across the entire State.   I've had the pleasure of speaking with Coach Shadowens numerous times.   One time in particular occurred two seasons ago as Coach Shadowens was preparing to take on Oakland high school in the playoffs. 

I knew he'd be slammed preparing for that game so I opted to record an interview to air gameday.   I spent about 12-15 minutes interviewing him over the phone and as always, he was very gracious!  After completing the interview, I was editing it and my software crashed.   Unfortunately I had goofed and not saved the interview prior to editing.  Basically I lost it.   There was no way I was going to bother him to do the interview over, so I shot him a quick text explaining that I had messed up and lost the recording so he would understand why it was never broadcast.

Being the great guy he is, he shot me a text right back that said "just call me back and we will re-record it.  Heck, the questions will be easier to answer now that I know them up front."   My station isn't even in Rutherford County, so he had no obligation to me at all, but he recognized that I felt badly about the mistake and offered to help.

He is a guy of outstanding character and you'll be lucky to get him if it works out.  It'll be a long while (if ever) before Blackman finds an all around great guy and excellent Coach like Philip Shadowens

Mike Molder

Host of Friday Main Event

You definitely appear in the know. Thanks for your candidness. Can you share the school boards role in this? Whose side are they in? Why did they not step in? It seems as if they should have been on his side, but I have heard the opposite. I can't imagine a new principle running off GQ without our school board weighing on HEAVILY.

%

The school board official reply was that all administrative disputes rest solely on Dr. Odom our superintendent. The ones I talked to said that this was ridiculous. Some quick facts our assistant principal who we all thought would be the new principal and had a unanimous vote from board was overridden by Dr. Odom which is his right. My point is he has sole rights to administration and I gave you an example.

Try this on. The football and the track coach both with over 20 years service at Houston High School resigned under Justus while she was principal. (Ironic) She has also said that their was a booster problem that lead to this ridiculous situation. What she didn't say was that the baseball booster club owes a company in excess of $10k for a press box built and they are over 120 days late and told them they will try to pay them when they could. Philip and Justus had a heated disagreement over an assistant coaches schedule being changed and he stood up for his coach and the battle lines were drawn. Philip tried to communicate with her but she would not find time until 10 days after his request then resigned. She made it particularly clear she did not want him to coach. The school atty was discussing with Philips lawyer the wording on the school announcement to exonerate Philip when the story broke last Friday. The board member we talked to said that parents had emailed the board and Dr odom and the pressr requested all of Justus emails and this upset Dr. Odom. This investigation from the board was turned over to Sheriff department for their review on the outcome of its decision. We expect an announcement this week on the matter. Justus replays are always they same "I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation ", however Wayne Armstrong (throwaway) seems to be prividgle with all details but fails to list them. I talked personally with him and he admits he is scared of an investigation on his watch, his wife employment at Blackman, and his sons senior year of football with the program in turmoil. He has not provided any proof just accusations. Wayne is not a bad man just a parent worried about himself. This entire problem was advoid able and I promise there was no mishandling of any by Philip and he will be cleared and then will you all apologize. Wayne said Philip resigned, my question is Why haven't you it was your watch.