who will be William blount next head coach?

I have nothing but respect for WBLOUNT I enjoyed your post and predicting. I know for a fact Philip has not been offered the job but IF he does you will get a great coach and man. I have seen his name tarnished unfairly and it's taking a toll. All my texts are in no way associated with Philip. I think Maryville is a beautiful city and a good fit for both.

Nice to meet you Scott and I agree I was out of line, I apologize to you all. I have read a lot of post on this page positive and negative. It is just hard for for me to stand by and let namely two people bash his name on a WBlount thread. I do not want your community to get the wrong idea about him. He will turn your program around I have seen him do it. He is good man and father. His faith is strong and his character great. I would follow him thru fire and your sons will be better men after they leave. I know you have a lot of qualified candidates and my motive was to protect his name and hope you will accept my sincere apology for addressing the post bashing him in public. No matter how this turns out I wish only the best for the GOVS.

You and throwaway are a JOKE. HE was not fired and I know all the facts. The sheriff department will be conclude their investigation with nothing to show against Philip. This is whole situation is bull. 1st the BOARD and county comptroller found no wrong doings as to Philip involvement with booster club. 2nd Wayne Armstrong is a coward and a joke. Philip had no access to checks and funds without Wayne Armstrong knowledge. Wayne (throwaway) has deflected blame and cause as soon as Justus scared him. Wayne you need to keep your mouth shut and I have been on the sideline watching this to long. 3rd Oakland wanted Philip but the principal was told by Dr Odom to back off. Dr odom was mad because of the parents relentless phone call, emails, and request for documents.

As for WBlount Philip is interested and I hope he goes and I will come with him and possibly one other IF he is offered the job. Oh yea before you say don't hide behind your username, my name is Craig Harris the defensive line coach at Blackman when Philip was there. I don't hide so throwaway you and mykidsdad need to know what your talking about or do us all a favor and shut up. Cowards

I like it....There will be room for you if u want to come, Treyrae....I like your way of thinking.

My name is Scott Cupp. I am an Assistant Principal at William Blount High School. I began looking at coacht about a week ago when all of this started after taking a long break from it. I have to admit, there is some good entertainment on this thread. Good stuff TraeRae. One of the reasons I removed myself from this site several years ago was I was afraid I would "mad text." Now I always have to be careful because as you will see at the bottom of my posts my name is there. Anyway, we will see what happens but some of the material has been some good reading.

Mr Cupp, I can tell you as a parent of a student athlete of Blackman, should the decision be made that Shadowens is your coach, You will not be sorry. I watched him pray with his players, be a dad to some of them, and always advocate for their best. I have read a few post that question if anyone will be able to get the buy in of parents, players and community alike. I do know that his players will serve and volunteer in the community that supports them. I have watched him coach good players up to great  and great players to fantastic. Honestly I am envious of whomever he should coach for, but hopeful that he can bring the kind of goodness to your program that he brought to ours. I too have a comment about Coach Harris. I have read his comments.... well heck...I have read everyone's  pretty much, and while they might have been a little rough, he at least has the passion and courage to stand up for what he believe is the right thing. And doing the right thing is what we ask our kids to do all the time, even when we are not watching. Well he did just that, stood up for a friend, stood guard over his name and questioned those who intended to shine a negative light. Isn't that what we want from our kids?I sat through every practice, Freshman, JV and Varsity game and can say he is a heck of a coach as well. Part of what made up Blackman Pride was everyone was sold on the program. Every Coach, player,trainer cheerleader, band member.. and Coach was always sure to let them know they are all a part of it and everyone matters. This may really have no bearing on the decision you folks will ultimately make, But at a minimum you will consider someone who has experienced what he brings to the table. Thank you for your time and possibly reading my post. 

Mr Cupp, I can tell you as a parent of a student athlete of Blackman, should the decision be made that Shadowens is your coach, You will not be sorry. I watched him pray with his players, be a dad to some of them, and always advocate for their best. I have read a few post that question if anyone will be able to get the buy in of parents, players and community alike. I do know that his players will serve and volunteer in the community that supports them. I have watched him coach good players up to great  and great players to fantastic. Honestly I am envious of whomever he should coach for, but hopeful that he can bring the kind of goodness to your program that he brought to ours. I too have a comment about Coach Harris. I have read his comments.... well heck...I have read everyone's  pretty much, and while they might have been a little rough, he at least has the passion and courage to stand up for what he believe is the right thing. And doing the right thing is what we ask our kids to do all the time, even when we are not watching. Well he did just that, stood up for a friend, stood guard over his name and questioned those who intended to shine a negative light. Isn't that what we want from our kids?I sat through every practice, Freshman, JV and Varsity game and can say he is a heck of a coach as well. Part of what made up Blackman Pride was everyone was sold on the program. Every Coach, player,trainer cheerleader, band member.. and Coach was always sure to let them know they are all a part of it and everyone matters. This may really have no bearing on the decision you folks will ultimately make, But at a minimum you will consider someone who has experienced what he brings to the table. Thank you for your time and possibly reading my post.

Appreciate ur post blaze45, I have some contacts that work with our company and they live in Murfreesboro, they could not say enough good things about Coach Shad....his record speaks for itself as far as being a good coach, but what excites me is what everyone says about the type of man he is.