ELIZABETHTON VS WESTVIEW ROUND 1 THUR 3:45

CyclonePrider

Yea, I'm not downgrading Eton in any way. Great squad with great coaching. You guys are a great bunch. I was glad to see Westview go toe-to-toe with the big dog in the tournament. Good luck to you guys!

They were a good team and give us all they had and we found a way to win.

Never compare High School to College. It is a whole different game and a lot better competition game in and game out.

I don't care what level in girls or boys if you win 52 games straight it is a special group! This team defines awesome! Even the mighty Uconn lady huskies stumble! Now watch out they got a wake up call! Great coaching and play by west view! See you next year for sure

End note, yes any team can be beat at any given time, BUT we weren't beat! We gave them a huge lead and still came back and won despite their 5 ft wonder who was good at keep away! Win and advance, lose and go to the house. If we lose, then we will be headed back to NorthEast Tn. And be congratulating the team that does. But until then.....

Great game. I knew they would slow it down and play great defense, but I didn't think it would be that close. Kudos to Elizabethton for gritting it out and getting the win. Sign of a great team not having your best night and still winning. Got a feeling we will see these two again next year.

Never caught what happened to her. What was it?

Got into a lifestyle her parents didn't approve of so they sent her off to a boarding school. However, she has signed with Union University and will be playing college ball there next year. Westview misses her this year and she would be the missing piece to the puzzle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Yeah they both should be good games whoever matches up with who. Wartburg has beaten Oliver Springs all 4 times they’ve played this year but they have been close games. I believe Wartburgs first sectional appearance was last year when they went to North Greene. Good luck to you all!
    • What did they do this year? Every other year, I’ve gone to one. It’s been a little scrimmage and then a bunch of games like a quarterback throwing challenge, O line versus D line, push-up challenge, etc.    But not surprised, nothing new that the program has been on the decline since they lost their recruiting middle school coach. The baseball coach still does his fair share, but he recruits good baseball players. Not good football players, and decent baseball players, definitely nothing like the middle school coach could do, he left for a middle school job down near Cleveland high school a few years back.
    • Never in my life have I seen a team in a scrimmage against their own defense look so lost and confused. The defense didn’t look much better, the coaching staff can’t keep their anger together, not only with the players but also with their other coaches. I feel awful for those players. None of them look like they wanted or should’ve been out there, but for the grown men on the sidelines acting like fools, it's just embarrassing to the Farragut name and reputation. I now see why they chose not to live stream this on their YouTube channel.
    • We could sure use some math teachers country wide. Ever go into a store or restaurant and the bill comes to $9.97 and you give them a ten dollar bill and 2 pennies because you wanted a nickle back and then the meltdown starts and the next thing two more people have to come and help figure it out and the place comes to a complete halt. I see this everyday and it's a sad representation of all these schools allowing these kids out the door to get shortchanged the rest of their life.