When did headbands become illegal?

pioneer42

Worss call is we were up four. White has inside position. Riverside hanging on her back. We get the the rebound and the foul is on us. Killed momentum. A joke of a foul on the Lannom charge. They killed any momentum we had.

The proper call was a walk, they didnt call that so they called a charge.  Should have been a walk!  Changed the game with her fouls.  If I was riverside I would have gone right at heron every possession afterwards to foul her out 

Gotta give Pioneer a break!  He was and is emotionally invested and his team just lost a game that on paper would have had them 15 point favorites.  Goes back to my post about 14-18 year old girls;  you never can predict what you are going to get.  You just have to hope for consistency.  GC didnt perform like they are capable of performing  

That's so true on the not knowing what to expect. I understand being one of the only home teams to lose sub state is tough . I advise pioneer42 takes up reading and go buy a tssaa rule book and maybe that will clarify their rules a bit . Next year trying moving down a row and maybe the refs will hear your frustrations.

GC's were all white Nike. The whole year it was not a problem. My take is it was right before tip- off and the refs watched them for 25 minutes and never said a word. Didn't lose the game for us but they definitely got out of their comfort zone. They were scrambling to get their hair back up before tip-off.

FYI, we all had same color and no more than 2 inches thick. Not a violation and we had no wrist bands.

Pretty sure there is a rule about the logo - even though the same color the nike logo is likely the issue - also the issue is that Northwest Officials have allowed it - not that new officials enforced the rule like they are supposed to.  

And while I'm here - BullShark was on the money about officials - they were not great but it was equally distributed. Riverside girls are a hardworking bunch and over the 35 years I have been playing/coaching/watching girls basketball - I'll take hard work over talent to win big games - but I love to watch a game with great defense   :D  

I told McNeese about the Nike logo and he said it was fine if they were the same color and not over two inches thick. For that matter, kids could turn them where the logo is not shown. McNeese said they were OK. I agree. Riverside played hard and I will be rooting for them. They will have to shoot the ball much better than last night to have any chance.

I told McNeese about the Nike logo and he said it was fine if they were the same color and not over two inches thick. For that matter, kids could turn them where the logo is not shown. McNeese said they were OK. I agree. Riverside played hard and I will be rooting for them. They will have to shoot the ball much better than last night to have any chance.

You need to take a month off from coacht for you to have a chance not to be taken as a joke on here