Coffee County Boys Job

bigmoney128

The logical thing is to get Taylor to take it for  couple of years then hand it over to this local when he completes his teacher paperwork. Manchester is a nice place and the school is top notch but if this plays out as you people seem to think it will you aren't going to get anyone with long term future plans to stay to come in here...and you certainly aren't going to get a top notch coach. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logical thing is to get Taylor to take it for  couple of years then hand it over to this local when he completes his teacher paperwork. Manchester is a nice place and the school is top notch but if this plays out as you people seem to think it will you aren't going to get anyone with long term future plans to stay to come in here...and you certainly aren't going to get a top notch coach. 

I agree, if they are not going to go on and give to Micah, then Taylor would be a logical choice until he is done. Dont know that they would really get a solid top notch coach even if Micah wasnt there, with the way that they dismissed this guy mid-year and with no basketball talent in sight. 

Micah Williams assistant coach this year.  Home town guy.  Had his number retired at Coffee.  3 year starter and probably best basketball player to come out of the program. Graduated in 2005 I think. Played at ETSU and played pro ball overseas.

Is that more clear?

So how did this Williams guy end up on staff if he's not a teacher?

I really think that the truth is that they dont care about quality as long as they get what they want and right now what they want is Micah Williams. Way too much politics to get someone proven and solid to come in, deal with it for a year or two, and then hand the reigns over to an assistant that is working for you that has never had any experience as a HC. 

That describes Manchester to a tee. If they want someone they are going to get him I don't care if Coach K applies...and it is their right to work it that way if they want. Still a good school and community they have just had some shaky people making decisions in the past.

Because they wanted him to coach. He was coming back and not going to go and play overseas again to get married, I think is what I was told, and they gave him a job that involved coaching with the program. I mean honestly, its not every day that you have someone with D1 playing experience and professional basketball experience come into Coffee Co and say, hey I would like to coach here. 

Agreed and at Coffee Co, so you will have support as long as you dont try and make those kids any better and stroke the egos of the parents but the talent is NO where to be found. 

sometimes they have one or two players to build around..the new region doesn't help

Edited by wingman10