Coffee County Boys Job

bigmoney128

When you say "they", do you mean the administration?  Did they force the new guy to take him on as an assistant?

Dont really know how that all went down, but I would say that the community definitely wanted him to be a part of it. I mean after all, he is about the only one that I can remember that left Coffee Co and went and did something athletically in a long time. Thats why the folks there wanted him to be involved. Now is it a bad move to take someone like that, in this case I think it bit him in the butt, but most of the time its not a terrible decision. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so are you saying this is a coaches' graveyard? has anyone ever won there or left and gone elsewhere and done anything productive? I don't recall them ever in the state tournament.

What I am saying is that at Coffee Co. a really good year is 15-18 wins. A really good coach could get to that point, maybe, but any thing more than that is almost unreasonable with the lack of athletic talent that they have there. Good kids, mostly hard working kids, but not athletic. Then when you factor in the parent thing, if you have to please them to keep your job, now you are looking at 10-12 wins being a really good year. I havent really heard of anyone leaving there and going elsewhere and being successful. Not that it is a grave yard, but it sure doesnt lead into greater things. 

If it doesn't lead to greater things, why do you think the last guy took the job?

It and the Tullahoma boys job probably fall into the same category. A solid job that you could make a living doing, but you better not have too high of expectations or you will be disappointed. The difference is that Tullahoma has more athletes, just not sure why they dont play basketball. 

several of us have asked the same question.  maybe a change will help.

Maybe, but everyone knows that basketball is the little kid brother to football and baseball over there. Who ever they get will need to get started talking and building up the elementary and middle school programs and then they will start seeing a change in the high school. I would think that they would also need to walk the halls and find solid able bodied kids that would be interested in being part of a solution and ground work to build a solid program on.