MLK vs McMinn Central

Chargermedic

Really hate that I'm missing the championship games.....well A and AA anyways. Blackman won't lose.

They just don't look like they're going more than 60% at any given time, and I think they'll crank it up for Oakland. AAA hasn't been interesting since Nina Davis led Memphis Central to a championship. Every year since has been easy to call.

You're exactly right. It would have been hard to blame anybody for chalking it up for E Ton in AA but the field was so deep this year. You'd be crazy to bet against Blackman vs any team the country almost.

You're exactly right. It would have been hard to blame anybody for chalking it up for E Ton in AA but the field was so deep this year. You'd be crazy to bet against Blackman vs any team the country almost.

Even as dominant as everyone thought ETown would be, there's still some parity their division. Right now there's none in AAA due to the upswelling of dominance in the boro. But that's a WHOLE different thread.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. Lynn vs. Majors is going to be special to see. I look for her to be on the Miss Basketball ballot next season. You guys knew what a gem you had but now she has the whole states attention.

EDIT: Fixed all the typos....wow...lol.

Edited by dctiger

Even as dominant as everyone thought ETown would be, still some parity there. Right now there's none due to the up swelling of dominance in the boro. But that's a WHOLE different thread.

Congrats to both teams tomorrow. Lynn vs. Majors is doing to be special to see. I look for her to be on the Miss Basketball ballot next season. You guys knew what a gem you had but now she has the whole states attention.

Agreed. I was just saying yesterday that her exposure this weekend will most likely get her on the ballot next year. She's a special player with way more to show. She's still maturing crazy as it sounds. HOWEVER, that whole team is special. Those senior girls especially, Elizabeth Trentham, Allie Coleman, Jessie Truelove, and Codi Tillman are so special. And tough. JT and I were joking today about how the program lists her at 5'7". (She's every bit of 4'11" maybe). But her heart and her work ethic are 7'7" in my opinion. I'm so proud of them. Those 4 seniors were part of my first teaching class. All in the same period. All in the same row. And none of them ever shut up! I hope tomorrow they can accomplish the goal they set 4 years ago. Go Big Blue.

Agreed. I was just saying yesterday that her exposure this weekend will most likely get her on the ballot next year. She's a special player with way more to show. She's still maturing crazy as it sounds. HOWEVER, that whole team is special. Those senior girls especially, Elizabeth Trentham, Allie Coleman, Jessie Truelove, and Codi Tillman are so special. And tough. JT and I were joking today about how the program lists her at 5'7". (She's every bit of 4'11" maybe). But her heart and her work ethic are 7'7" in my opinion. I'm so proud of them. Those 4 seniors were part of my first teaching class. All in the same period. All in the same row. And none of them ever shut up! I hope tomorrow they can accomplish the goal they set 4 years ago. Go Big Blue.

Definitely not intended as a slight to what is a team effort. I just think the behind the back layup in traffic caught everyone's attention...

Definitely not intended as a slight to what is a team effort. I just think the behind the back layup in traffic caught everyone's attention...

No sir. No slight taken. I've heard rumors that that play was 6 on SportSCenter Top 10 plays yesterday, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. Thinking it was just a joke. I'd like to see a clip of it again though. I asked her about it after the game, and she said she had to do it. That the girl was gonna draw a charge on her If she didn't do something.

No sir. No slight taken. I've heard rumors that that play was 6 on SportSCenter Top 10 plays yesterday, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. Thinking it was just a joke. I'd like to see a clip of it again though. I asked her about it after the game, and she said she had to do it. That the girl was gonna draw a charge on her If she didn't do something.

After seeing someone else post that it was on SC Ive looked everywhere but can't find anything...post a link if you happen upon it.

I really want to see McMinn Central take this, but MLK is going to be touhh! The fact that Majors was not a Miss Basketball finalist is pretty amazing. She is the best AA player in the state, no question.

I also agree that Lynn for McMinn Central should be a finalist next year. She is performing very well at the state tournaments. If she has a decent year next year, she should be nominated and possibly win it.

Edited by GCPioneer

You mentioned all the seniors being "special" except Kelsey Myers. That surprises me because Kelsey has gone through more painful surgeries and recoveries and yet has been more determined as any player to play.

You mentioned all the seniors being "special" except Kelsey Myers. That surprises me because Kelsey has gone through more painful surgeries and recoveries and yet has been more determined as any player to play.

Her name slipped my mind. I thought I included it last night. My mistake.