MLK vs McMinn Central

Chargermedic

Anyone find it odd they had Elizabethton chorus scheduled to sing for the Championship Game

Nope, not at all. That was scheduled because of the state chorus competition from this past year. Wasn't ever to be intended to show favor to Elizabethton. No favoritism or presumptuous on Elizabethton part AT ALL.

Who was on the All Tournament team? Who was Miss Basketball winner?

Elizabeth Trentham, Jacobi Lynn, and Allie Coleman from McMinn Central. Blake Lamb and #40 from Grainger. I can't remember all of them. Kayla Marosites from Elizabethton won Miss Basketball. Personally, I thought Callie Hackett should have won. She's been incredible the past 4 years. If she hadn't have gotten hurt, things may have been different. The Marosites girl deserves it though from what I've seen and read. Anna Hamacker is something else from CAK as well. A good group. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jacobi Lynn from Central on the ballot next year.

You're well known. If you want to know the truth, most everyone makes fun of you.

I've criticized Morgan for years about his stubbornness and bad decisions in state championship games he could have and should have won. Besides not going to a zone when Central was getting eaten alive inside, he only played about 7 or 8 girls tonight. He has quality depth on the bench that he's used a lot this year, but not tonight. If you don't agree with my comments, then don't read them.

Did you notice the commentators mentioning MLK going to a zone defense and shutting Central out inside???  Central was forced to shoot outside and couldn't hit.

I'll catch you somewhere off campus soon and we can talk about it, or about me shutting up.

Haha! I'm sure I'll lose some sleep about all that tonight. It's easy to criticize after the fact. All that doesn't change the attitude you have on here. It's arrogant and uncalled for. Catch me anytime! Your name? 

In all seriousness, there's no reason for feigned threats on here. I do, indeed, disagree with not the content of most of your posts, but the way you just barge in and spin each comment to be at least halfway insulting or demeaning. And to speak about me personally as if you know me? Uncalled for. I never pretended to be God's gift to basketball knowledge. 99% of my posts are in support of a team or individual. I don't generally delve into technical jargon. But your attitude of "hit 'em when they're down" is just childish.

And I guess I shouldn't have told you to "shut up". That was childish of me. Friends? 

Edited by Cody

If you go by scores then Elizabethton should have beaten MLK (Westmoreland beat MLK, Grainger beat Westmoreland and Etown thumped Grainger in the Regional final). At this point it's more about match ups and how teams are playing. MLK made Cannon and Etown looking average. I don't have a dog in the hunt at this point but the odds are with MLK in my opinion...

Westmoreland played its worst game against Grainger. It was also a bad matchup down low for Westmoreland against Grainger. that being said Westmorleand was clicking on all cylinders the night they faced MLK. Congrats MLK.

Congrats to MLK on the gold ball and also to Central for a great run. The difference in the game was MLK's coach, great halftime adjustments, they were in man the first half and were getting killed by Lynn, switched to zone the second half and kept Central from driving forcing them to settle for outside shots... they outscored Central by 16 the second half.

Congrats to MLK on the gold ball and also to Central for a great run. The difference in the game was MLK's coach, great halftime adjustments, they were in man the first half and were getting killed by Lynn, switched to zone the second half and kept Central from driving forcing them to settle for outside shots... they outscored Central by 16 the second half.

MLK didn't attempt a three point shot the whole game and Central missed a lot. The MLK coach must have had a real PAT SUMMIT come to Jesus halftime speech

Edited by jimbo44

Excellent job in recognizing that MLK's coach made adjustments, while Central's coach watched and wondered.  The commentators even mentioned how effective it was for MLK's young coach to change the defense, rather than being stubborn.  She may be young but she certainly outcoached the veteran Central coach, Johnny Morgan!

MLK didn't attempt a three point shot the whole game and Central missed a lot. The MLK coach must have had a real PAT SUMMIT come to Jesus halftime speech

MLK didn't have to attempt any three pointers because Central stayed in a man defense and MLK was able to penetrate for layups or close shots.  MLK's coach may be young but she showed me tonight she can coach, by making an adjustment allowing her team to outscore Central 19-4 in the 3rd qtr. 

It was very obvious that MLK's zone give a lot of problems to Central. Central was eating their man defense up. I agree that Morgan might should have mixxed a little zone in his package, but I thought his coaching was fabulous and your lack of a low post presence cost you a Gold Ball. Central played well and IMO the better team won. And that is in no means a knock on Central. I just seen a problem scoring in the post the last three games and it finally caught up with you. Been nice to have Adams and or Massengale this weekend.

• Upvote 1

It was very obvious that MLK's zone give a lot of problems to Central. Central was eating their man defense up. I agree that Morgan might should have mixxed a little zone in his package, but I thought his coaching was fabulous and your lack of a low post presence cost you a Gold Ball. Central played well and IMO the better team won. And that is in no means a knock on Central. I just seen a problem scoring in the post the last three games and it finally caught up with you. Been nice to have Adams and or Massengale this weekend.

Very well said. That man defense held MLK to 19 first half points. They just came out on fire in the 2nd and they took advantage. It was tough watching us miss so many wide open 3's. Not usually the case. I believe MLK couldn't have afforded to play zone if we hit the shots we usually hit. MLK deserves it. They beat all of the "best" teams on the way to proving they were the best team overall. I had CPA beating them in substate (though I think most everybody was wrong about that one!)