Best girls team to never win a state championship

bob77

I was thinking about how good the Upperman girls teams of the late 90's and early 00's were. They got to the championship a couple times, once in Class A losing to Gleason and once in Class AA a couple years later losing to district rival Jackson Co. Any other good teams, that were nationally ranked like this Upperman team was at times, to never win it all?

Edited by bob77

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin County had Latina Davis ( Tennessee ) and LaTonia Johnson ( Memphis ) and a Limbaugh kid that I believe went to UT-Martin and were ranked Nationally.

Moore County lost In the Finals to Bradford and had a player go on to become 3 time OVC player of the yr at Tn Tech, and guards that went on to play at UT-Martin and Lipscomb. That's a lot of talent on a 1a team.

That team from Clarksville a couple of yrs ago with 4-5 D1 kids including Graves (Tennessee) was loaded but not very well coached and got bounced in State Qtrs.

Franklin County had Latina Davis ( Tennessee ) and LaTonia Johnson ( Memphis ) and a Limbaugh kid that I believe went to UT-Martin and were ranked Nationally.

Moore County lost In the Finals to Bradford and had a player go on to become 3 time OVC player of the yr at Tn Tech, and guards that went on to play at UT-Martin and Lipscomb. That's a lot of talent on a 1a team.

That team from Clarksville a couple of yrs ago with 4-5 D1 kids including Graves (Tennessee) was loaded but not very well coached and got bounced in State Qtrs.

Janet Holt was the Moore Co player, saw her play at Tech. Great player.

Clarksville was the other team you are talking about. Both great examples.

2014 Riverdale High. Came off a state and national cjampionship the year before. Featured 8 seniors....7 which received scholarships. 1 McDonalds All American. Two 2000 pt scorers and a couple 1500 pt scorers. Beat several top 20 teams in the US. Couldn't get past Blackman in the Region.

... The title of the freaking thread is best girls team to NEVER win a state championship. And you come up with a response and in the first line you say "came off a state championship"... Seriously?

I wanted to say this a few weeks ago when you were bending over backwards to justify what happened in the Riverdale/Smyrna game, but held my tongue cause I thought maybe you were just some diehard super-fan who couldn't see through your burgandy and gold glasses, but I know it for a fact now, that you are literally to stupid to insult.

... The title of the freaking thread is best girls team to NEVER win a state championship. And you come up with a response and in the first line you say "came off a state championship"... Seriously?

I wanted to say this a few weeks ago when you were bending over backwards to justify what happened in the Riverdale/Smyrna game, but held my tongue cause I thought maybe you were just some diehard super-fan who couldn't see through your burgandy and gold glasses, but I know it for a fact now, that you are literally to stupid to insult.

I am so sorry you feel that bad about yourself that you have to insult others to feel better. What you just did doesn't really say much about me as it does how insecure and bad you feel about you.  

That team did not win the state Championship in 2014.  I misread and thought it said "The Best Team to Not Win a State Championship".  Every year a team has different players so it is still correct.

Edited by WarriorFan