Hamilton vs Brentwood

big_mike0307

Though I agree with most of what you said, I think most of Brentwood's administration would take issue with your last comment. BHS principal Kevin Keidel is himself a former basketball head coach and King has arguably the best staff in the state. When King inevitably retires, LaVergne head coach/AD Jeremy Moore and Mt. Juliet coach Troy Allen (quite similar to King in their approach if not as experienced or perhaps yet skilled) will likely receive calls about the job, though it's questionable whether either would want to make a lateral move to Brentwood or directly follow in King's shadow.

Without naming names, there are a few assistants and ex-assistants I could name as potential successors to King, but those decisions are heavily dependent on internal politics, including whether or not someone is eligible to teach in Williamson County. However, in terms of running a proven system, the blueprint (masterminded by King, of course) is in place. Just as Xavier went from Pete Gillen to Skip Prosser to Thad Matta to Sean Miller, there are plenty of coaches and former players around Brentwood's program familiar with that blueprint.

Didn't King step down a few years ago due to either burnout or health problems? If I remember correctly the program went downhill on a scooter...he came back and revived it.

You are correct. Randy Hatley was hired from Page (I think) and wasn't able to replicate King's success during those few years.

That said, I would bet the administration will be much more savvy in hiring the next successor. Keidel (who wasn't in charge back in 2003 the last time King "retired") knows what he's doing.

Hey Darkside, the Brentwood Middle School 8th grade team went undefeated this year winning the county championship and the TNT State Championship. They also went undefeated as 7th graders and won the Willismson County JV championship last yr. Thry won nearly 40 straight games in 2 yrs with only 1 victory in single digits. all the others were blowouts. I don't think we will have to wait 16 yrs. Put it this way, we will be bsck to the state tourney sooner than White County.

Hey Darkside, the Brentwood Middle School 8th grade team went undefeated this year winning the county championship and the TNT State Championship. They also went undefeated as 7th graders and won the Willismson County JV championship last yr. Thry won nearly 40 straight games in 2 yrs with only 1 victory in single digits. all the others were blowouts. I don't think we will have to wait 16 yrs. Put it this way, we will be bsck to the state tourney sooner than White County.

Ssssshhhh!! Don't set off the sensitive White Co. fans! Lord knows their overwhelming "tradition" and rabid fan base will keep the rich, spoiled kids in our program from ever making State again :P

This was one of the more exciting finishes to a TN state tournament game i've seen. ...

Brentwood never gave up and were one loose ball/rebound a way from finishing it out....the rebound went through Brentwoods hands and Hamilton scored......great game by 2 good teams with 2 totally different styles and talent level.....

Out of curiosity could someone list all of the White County boys state tournament appearances, championships, etc. (what years) On another front I felt really old watching Todd Day coaching Hamilton. I saw him play in the state tournament for Mem Northside back in the day. I miss seeing guys like Joe Branch, Verties Sails, and Terry Tippett roaming the sidelines for the Memphis teams back in the day. I thought the 73 Melrose team with Gunn, Bradley, and Wright was the best I ever saw.

Out of curiosity could someone list all of the White County boys state tournament appearances, championships, etc. (what years) On another front I felt really old watching Todd Day coaching Hamilton. I saw him play in the state tournament for Mem Northside back in the day. I miss seeing guys like Joe Branch, Verties Sails, and Terry Tippett roaming the sidelines for the Memphis teams back in the day. I thought the 73 Melrose team with Gunn, Bradley, and Wright was the best I ever saw.

I dont know the exact years, but White County has went to the state tourney in the 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's. I think the 40's as well. We won back to back AAA state championships in 98 and 99. Our boys and girls have been to state 13 times since 1980