Bradley Wrestling (Fight Night)

bradleywrestling22x

$10/mo is a problem

Why not let this rub off...

Since the beginning of the program in 1973, Bradley Central High School has established itself as one of Tennessee's elite wrestling programs. Starting in 1994, the Bears have won 22 State Championships and won 19 straight Region 3 Dual Titles.

The history of the program includes an array of individual achievements over the years. 52 state champions, 143 medallists and 6 Outstanding Wrestlers in the State Tournaments. In addition, one 4-time state champion, three 3-time state champions and seven 2-time state champions. The honors also include 1 NCAA All American and 16 High School All-Americans. In 2001, the Bears set the record for the highest point earned in a TSSAA State Traditional Tournament (268 points).

2015 TEAM SCORES

1st - Cleveland 205.5

2nd - Bradley Central 198

3rd - Wilson Central 121.5

4th - Soddy Daisy 105.5

5th - Brentwood 98

6th - Beech 84.5

7th - Knoxville Halls 79

8th - Tennessee 72

9th - Blackman 71

10th - Rossview 70.5

11th - Centennial 70

12th - Ravenwood 69.5

13th - Maryville 69

14th - Riverdale 68

15th - Cookeville 63

16th - Heritage 61

17th - Summit 60.5

18th - Walker Valley 60

19th - Tullahoma 57.5

20th - Jefferson Co. 57

It's great to see The Bears Nation up there again & sharing as usual!

Soms, I hope you meant $10 a month is NOT a problem.

If it is, then don't go or just pay $3 for one session. It's $3 for crying out loud. If you can afford $35 for a USA card then surely $3 won't break the bank. 

If it is still a 'problem' maybe coach Varnell will let you hang around after to mop the mats for 3 bucks (scholarship opportunity)

Edited by Newestguy

Slinger, 

I appreciate the fact that your first two posts ever were directed toward us and this topic. "Fight Nights" are new to our area, but shared, combo, or group practices are not. Our area has been working together very well in this area for several off-seasons now. Heck, if you would've come over to the Steam Room prior to the Dixie Duals, you would've seen a room full of kids most days from several area schools of all ages.

We, Bradley Wrestling and BPWC, practice 3-4 times a week depending on the week and they have always been open to ANY and ALL at NO CHARGE. But, these scheduled practices are set to our convenience on our schedules...most of which, are after school while the kids are still a "captive audience" and on campus. However, this does not allow schools from other areas, i.e. Knoxville, M'Boro, N. GA, etc. to attend. I, personally, as well as other of our high school and club coaches have been contacted a lot over the years about practices w/ us and/or in our area but the response is always the same...that's too early for anyone to make it. With the popularity of "fight nights" catching on the past few years, our club coaches thought it'd be a good idea if we started one in our area at hours that other areas could attend as well. So, I gave them the green light. They took the initiative and made the calls/messages, set the prices, and will run the practices. I support my coaches and I can promise you this...fee in hand or not, no wrestler would be turned away that showed up and wanted to work out. Of all our weekly practice, lift, or conditioning opportunities, this is the only one there is a "fee" for. If it works...GREAT. If not, we'll back up and punt. Any $$$ made, if any, would go to FS/Greco tournament travel for the wrestlers...not in any coaches pocket. Either way, we're gonna keep working and keep grinding. Those that want to join us, c'mon. Those that don't, we'll see y'all mat side. Heck, if there are other opportunities in our area like this, we'd like to know...we travel well also. 

Ben Smith

Bradley Wrestling

bmsmith@bradleyschools.org

Coach , I don't have a horse in the race but if the charge is to help raise money you won't make much. I know several churches and other groups that do fund raising and right now doing dinners pre-made are working well. I'll even tell you one person at your school who did one organized it for her churches youth group. Talk to Mrs.Deal.