Knox Catholic 2015

BigDave1967

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nothingelsematters

Alex Darras?  Wrong Fighting Irish team Big Dave.  I agree with IrishBBall, Catholic will be strong on the defensive side of the ball even though we lost Silvey (they return a lot of kids that played on defense and started multiple games),  On offense a lot of questions need to be answered.  They have to find replacements for Jancek, Lacey, Anderson and Souder.  Kuerschen had over 800 yards receiving but the only returning wide out that even caught a pass is Tony Scott and he caught a couple of passes all season (Scott probably had more carries then receptions). I've been hearing that the Irish will move Rodgers to WR so that means finding a replacement for him at RB (if the rumors are true) but that's the one position I think they will be okay at.  Cam Whaley is a very physical runner. The game at Belfry KY won't be easy and CPA and Fulton will be tough match-ups.  I'm going to say 8-2 regular season.

Why are players leaving Catholic? First the noseman now the rb Whaley? Is it tuition, academics, too much talent and not enough playing time, or are the Irish players up to their old trick of skipping the spring semester and going back to a Knox Co. school or other public school where they are zoned to save some money and then have the money to go back to Catholic in the Fall to play football. Key is to go through winter workouts at the public school (coaches hoping to get a player), but don't participate in spring practice so you can go back to Catholic and still be eligible. Tricky Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are players leaving Catholic? First the noseman now the rb Whaley? Is it tuition, academics, too much talent and not enough playing time, or are the Irish players up to their old trick of skipping the spring semester and going back to a Knox Co. school or other public school where they are zoned to save some money and then have the money to go back to Catholic in the Fall to play football. Key is to go through winter workouts at the public school (coaches hoping to get a player), but don't participate in spring practice so you can go back to Catholic and still be eligible. Tricky Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is the Whaley kid zoned or where is he going ???  is that legal to go back to your zoned school for spring semester and then go back to a private school in fall ?? Really ??? wow

Why are players leaving Catholic? First the noseman now the rb Whaley? Is it tuition, academics, too much talent and not enough playing time, or are the Irish players up to their old trick of skipping the spring semester and going back to a Knox Co. school or other public school where they are zoned to save some money and then have the money to go back to Catholic in the Fall to play football. Key is to go through winter workouts at the public school (coaches hoping to get a player), but don't participate in spring practice so you can go back to Catholic and still be eligible. Tricky Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course another private school basher. No tricks. Silvey didn't want to leave but do to some circumstances at home dad felt he needed to be closer to home. That's their private business and I'll leave it at that. Moses Davis mom wanted him back home so he moved back to Texas after Christmas break to be with her. Cam Whaley was at Catholic because his brother was a senior there. He didn't like the school. Private school isn't for everyone and the academics at Catholic are very demanding. They actually do have teachers who don't care for athletics and are harder on the athletes. Whaley's brother is graduating in May from Catholic, so he's going to Bearden his zoned school. You can't make kids stay if they don't want to be there. All great kids who will be missed. Nice conspiracy theory but those kids probably won't be back. Edited by QSouth89

I agree with you Tadvol that can't be legal and that would require a lot of moving.

It would tough on the kid for sure .. the curriculum at the schools are different etc .. and going semester here , semester there .. etc .. sounds a bit much ..wont say its never been done but seems TSSAA would not allow that a kid do that and be eligible .. 

Of course another private school basher. No tricks. Silvey didn't want to leave but do to some circumstances at home dad felt he needed to be closer to home. That's their private business and I'll leave it at that. Moses Davis mom wanted him back home so he moved back to Texas after Christmas break to be with her. Cam Whaley was at Catholic because his brother was a senior there. He didn't like the school. Private school isn't for everyone and the academics at Catholic are very demanding. They actually do have teachers who don't care for athletics and are harder on the athletes. Whaley's brother is graduating in May from Catholic, so he's going to Bearden his zoned school. You can't make kids stay if they don't want to be there. All great kids who will be missed. Nice conspiracy theory but those kids probably won't be back.

Yea Q ... there are teachers at publics that dont care for Athletics also ... in fact  my toughest teacher in High school was actually a football assistant coach .. Math teacher .. we football players got NO passes just because we played football .. in fact I think he put us on the spot more in class .. he was a teacher 1st ... well respected man .. toughest teacher and coach I ever had ..... chew your butt out when you did something wrong in class or on field .. but the difference is .. when you did something right he was the 1st person to tell you Good Job .. he was a great influence to alot of kids at Fulton before he passed ...  miss him

Of course another private school basher. No tricks. Silvey didn't want to leave but do to some circumstances at home dad felt he needed to be closer to home. That's their private business and I'll leave it at that. Moses Davis mom wanted him back home so he moved back to Texas after Christmas break to be with her. Cam Whaley was at Catholic because his brother was a senior there. He didn't like the school. Private school isn't for everyone and the academics at Catholic are very demanding. They actually do have teachers who don't care for athletics and are harder on the athletes. Whaley's brother is graduating in May from Catholic, so he's going to Bearden his zoned school. You can't make kids stay if they don't want to be there. All great kids who will be missed. Nice conspiracy theory but those kids probably won't be back.

hope ya have a great yr

Yea Q ... there are teachers at publics that dont care for Athletics also ... in fact my toughest teacher in High school was actually a football assistant coach .. Math teacher .. we football players got NO passes just because we played football .. in fact I think he put us on the spot more in class .. he was a teacher 1st ... well respected man .. toughest teacher and coach I ever had ..... chew your butt out when you did something wrong in class or on field .. but the difference is .. when you did something right he was the 1st person to tell you Good Job .. he was a great influence to alot of kids at Fulton before he passed ... miss him

I agree some of the biggest influences in my life were teachers. But at Catholic they have teachers who treat the students like they're at Vanderbilt. However all three kids left in good academic standing with good grades.