Pennsylvania Coach looking at High schools in Tri Cities area

AzZa9

I am coach in PA looking to relocate to TN in a year or so. Where is a good school district or good wrestling program in the TRI Cities area to get involved with.

No disrespect to anyone but the Tri Cities area is not known for strong wrestling. IMO, most of the schools in the far northeast area of Tennessee could have good wrestling programs with the right backing but as of today that has not happened. The best wrestling is in Chattanooga & Nashville with Christian Brothers out of Memphis winning a state championship about three years ago.

Science Hill in Johnson City is a top notch program with rich tradition in wrestling and a HIGHLY QUALIFIED and dedicated coaching staff.

Tennessee High in Bristol is also a great program with committed coaches.

In the area is also Dainel Boone, Dobyns-Bennett, Crockett, Sullivan South, and Sullivan East. Sullivan East did pretty well in A/AA with a state runner-up and DB has made a name for themselves as well.

We have very good school systems in the Bristol. Our wrestling program is growing, has a great coaching staff and community support, and the best feeder program in the area.

Please feel free to contact me regarding Tennessee High School.

Tim Marshall

Head Wrestling Coach

tmarshall7@btes.tv@btes.v

• Upvote 1

I am coach in PA looking to relocate to TN in a year or so. Where is a good school district or good wrestling program in the TRI Cities area to get involved with.

Not sure how strong your credentials are but if you have post high school experience in the sport you may check out King college. They could use some help.

• Upvote 1

I am the coach at Dobyns-Bennett.  Sory it took me so long to reply but we hosted the AAU Elementary National Duals this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you concerning our program.  Please let me know if you are interested in having a conversation.

We have great facilities, the best feeder program in the area, a very dedicated staff and great support.  We will sign 2 wrestlers for scholarships this class and expect the trend to continue.

Buzzy Mann

Head Wrestling Coach

gmann@k12k.com

The Tri Cities area is a great place with as already mentioned some good programs established and working really hard to improve.  I recently did the same thing, moved down from PA to the Tri-Cities area and currently am an assistant coach at David Crockett HS.  We are in the process of building, we will have a middle school program in 2014/2015 for the first time and working to establish the AAU program as well. 

It depends what your looking for: Most of the schools mentioned already have feeder or good programs established and just need help in areas. Some schools have nothing and show up with 5-7 kids for a match.  I guess for you, it depends, are you looking to be in an established program or build a new one?

I was from Quakertown PA, south of the Northampton, Nazareth, Easton, Bethlehem Catholic hotbed.  We had a solid program, 125 plus K-6th, 50-60 Middle School kids and then 30-40 HS kids a year.  It was not a powerhouse, but a solid team.  In our Region 1, we only have a few teams like that: Science Hill, DB, Tenn High and Jeff County and then Greenville in Small School.

If you want to chat with a PA guy on this give me a email and I will then give a phone, don't want to post up phone number on open forum...thanks and good luck Tennessee is a great place to move to and the wrestling in Tri Cities is not bad, as a collective group we are trying to make Region 1 better and the teams here do work together to make that happen.

mhbach64@gmail.com

Mike (Zach Bynum Dad)