Cookeville Spring Practice Date

Pioneersports

NO!!!!!!! Rumors. You are getting two stories mixed up and put together. Vic is fine. Per my sources around the program.

What's the stories?

Because mine is really REALLY close to the program also. And Vic

Edited by WCP

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCM man. You might want to check the recruiting sites. Gabe is on the outside of the top 200 looking in on all sites. He is ranked a 4 star. Hurd was one of 3 RB ranked as a 5 star. That means he's projected to start day one of college and make it pro. 4 Star is much different from 5 star. Gabe will not have huge stats. He will be a part of the CHS team on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. They will not feature him. Hopefully the passing game will improve so he will have more of an opportunity to do what he is being recruited for. We will see. Until then he will do what the coaches ask of him, Gabe is a good HS football player. We will see if he is a good college football player. I am sure that he will improve from last year being that he wasn't completely healthy until mid August and was learning a new system on the fly. I honestly hope to see Vic do something other than run the ball this year. Defense/Special Teams. That is where he will be needed to step up. Heck I believe you could have run through some of those holes and teams that they played last year.

I am not saying 4star Angel can or will put up the numbers his senior season that 5star Hurd did his junior season. Two totally diffrent positions. But considering Hurd was a Jr is last season, Angel is a Sr....and CHS is opening with a 3a and 4a teams should show in the stat sheet. If CHS is truley lacking of lots of talent as you claim, I figure the two D-1 prospects should get the lions share of the touches.

WCP we all know that you coach football at Wilson Central. You can deny it all you want to and I know you will, but you just need to get over the fact that Angel and Vic left because the football program at WC is a joke. They struggle every year when they have talent that is at least as good as, probably better, than most teams they play. Why do you continue to post in a board about Cookeville football? They aren't in your district and your "son" that you claim played for WC has graduated. So stop getting on a Cookeville thread and spewing your rumors bc you're still salty that a kid left your program. How would you like it if people went around running kids names that play for WC through the mud?

UCM man. You might want to check the recruiting sites. Gabe is on the outside of the top 200 looking in on all sites. He is ranked a 4 star. Hurd was one of 3 RB ranked as a 5 star. That means he's projected to start day one of college and make it pro. 4 Star is much different from 5 star. Gabe will not have huge stats. He will be a part of the CHS team on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. They will not feature him. Hopefully the passing game will improve so he will have more of an opportunity to do what he is being recruited for. We will see. Until then he will do what the coaches ask of him, Gabe is a good HS football player. We will see if he is a good college football player. I am sure that he will improve from last year being that he wasn't completely healthy until mid August and was learning a new system on the fly. I honestly hope to see Vic do something other than run the ball this year. Defense/Special Teams. That is where he will be needed to step up. Heck I believe you could have run through some of those holes and teams that they played last year.

I am not saying 4star Angel can or will put up the numbers his senior season that 5star Hurd did his junior season. Two totally diffrent positions. But considering Hurd was a Jr his last season(played 1 game as a SR), Angel is a Sr....and CHS is opening with a 3a and a 4a team should show in the stat sheets. If CHS is truley lacking of talent as you claim, I figure the two D-1 prospects should get the lions share of the touches. Back to the 4star deal, I'Tavious Mathers of Blackman was a 4star kid in the boro district that went to Ole Miss. He looked like a man among boys each and every week his Jr and Sr seasons at about 200 plus yards from scrimmage a game. And watch the draft, more 3stars will go in the first 2 rounds than 5stars will. Sometimes guys are impressive in shorts and t's, but not so much with production on the field. So we shall see. Hope Angel does well. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

WCP we all know that you coach football at Wilson Central. You can deny it all you want to and I know you will, but you just need to get over the fact that Angel and Vic left because the football program at WC is a joke. They struggle every year when they have talent that is at least as good as, probably better, than most teams they play. Why do you continue to post in a board about Cookeville football? They aren't in your district and your "son" that you claim played for WC has graduated. So stop getting on a Cookeville thread and spewing your rumors bc you're still salty that a kid left your program. How would you like it if people went around running kids names that play for WC through the mud?

I don't coach at central.. New job :) moved on from that place, so it doesn't really bother me what you say about wc.

I know this rumor is TRUE. I have just confirmed today. Sad day.

And congratulations on the great football program at Cookeville. Really hope Livingston, white co., and warren co will be good test for these STUDS.. But what did you do against rhea? Or even a team that finished bottom half of your new district? Twice!!!

Haha great program

And congratulations on the great football program at Cookeville. Really hope Livingston, white co., and warren co will be good test for these STUDS.. But what did you do against rhea? Or even a team that finished bottom half of your new district? Twice!!!

Haha great program

Thank you! 8-3 is alot better than 4-6. It felt good going to the playoffs. I like how you point out the Rhea County game. Cookeville lost by one point to a team that went to the 5-A state semifinals. That is definitely a sign of a bad program. ;) If that is bad, what do you say about a school that went 4-6?

Don't bring up strength of schedule either. Cookeville and Wilson Central had 3 common opponents. Cookeville beat two of them. Wilson Central beat one. So, that makes that argument invalid.

I don't coach at central.. New job :) moved on from that place, so it doesn't really bother me what you say about wc.

I know this rumor is TRUE. I have just confirmed today. Sad day.

The rumor isn't true, and you aren't the coach that left Central recently. Stop trying to hide behind that.

He was a defensive coach. You coach wide receivers.

Edited by thebigolebadger

Haha great program

You forgot one....Livingston,White,Warren, and traded 1a Monterey for 3a Upperman. Now I don't beleave CHS is a bad program with little talent. If Livingston can win a state title in 4a with 890 students, with the same demographics at 2700 students CHS should have no problem in 6a once in a while having a title contending team.They don't have boro talent to be at the top every year, but should be right there a lot more than they are. They have great facilities at CHS. Lots of money and support at CHS. Maynord and Joslin were/are both great coaches. What keeps Cookeville down is politics and the daddy ball culture in that school system. If you factor in last names in on judging talent, it will get you beat. Specially in 6a ball. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

The rumor isn't true, and you aren't the coach that left Central recently. Stop trying to hide behind that.

He was a defensive coach. You coach wide receivers.

I know who is he is now. Not shocked at all. JC has always been a little boy that just cant seem to grow up. Hahaha!!!