2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Harriman has an excellent chance tonight to make a statement and shake things up in district play with Grace Christian coming to town! The Big Blue are very capable of beating the Rams, but they've got to execute and make free throws tonight!

I would like to see the Blue Devils win this one!

Pace comes up short on a jumper as time expires. Had a great look just rimmed out! I like our chances a whole lot when we see Grace come tournament time! Hard to beat a good team 3 times!

Sounds like a great game, should be a fun one to watch Friday night in Decatur on both the boys and girls side!

To the GCA guys on this thread, your team shoots lights out! One of the best shooting teams I've seen in a while!

Tonight was one of our WORST shooting nights LOL. honestly Windam was on fire but not so much the team and Connor Arnold had a tough offensive night like 11 points but was a beast man on the boards and blocks. Harriman was begging us to run them out of the gym in the first half but boy your guys got it rolling in the 4th quarter. We still had 20+ turnovers......you can't do that and expect to win. We got lucky at the end tonight and made a few good plays to pull it out, but that game was 13 point lead in the 1st and we had a 51-40 lead at the end of the 3. 

If GCA wants to advance to State they better learn to put the hammer down while the hammer is high.....Kudos to Harriman. Johnson had 3 tough quarter but came up big in the 4th. I was happy to see him get of the block that last quarter and show that burst on both ends. Pace played well and didn't over play tonight I thought he played well. Harriman is a knock down shooter from being a much better team. We escaped tonight and a win is a win. Ask Kentucky LOL.......

Kudos Harriman for not quitting early and fighting until the buzzer. People need to get behind that coach. As far as GCA we had some good moments tonight but we cannot expect to see the success we want when we extend the lead 3 separate times to 12+ and then let a team back into it with turnovers and rushed shot selection. Thank gosh Robby Windam had a great shooting night and I will give to Connor, he had about 15-20 boards and 7 blocks along with his 9or 10 points. Andrews hit some key shots, Walker, Ledford, Gettelfinger, they all battled and keep shooting. 

Our wrongs tonight were turnovers and almost every time we scored we immediately got beat back in transition or couldn't get a stop. Just could not get a stop after a made bucket. Maybe I am wrong but I felt like tonights game was more GCA letting Harriman hang around way to long and then when it counted, Harriman got very inspired at home and made a run. Harriman had the lead with 16 seconds on the clock.......no shame it that. I don't want to play them again, and Meigs better watch out because one thing Harriman is ........is athletic and scrappy. After tonight, I think Harriman might get Meigs in 1 of the 2 games. Wouldn't surprise me lets say. 

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Tonight was one of our WORST shooting nights LOL. honestly Windam was on fire but not so much the team and Connor Arnold had a tough offensive night like 11 points but was a beast man on the boards and blocks. Harriman was begging us to run them out of the gym in the first half but boy your guys got it rolling in the 4th quarter. We still had 20+ turnovers......you can't do that and expect to win. We got lucky at the end tonight and made a few good plays to pull it out, but that game was 13 point lead in the 1st and we had a 51-40 lead at the end of the 3.

If GCA wants to advance to State they better learn to put the hammer down while the hammer is high.....Kudos to Harriman. Johnson had 3 tough quarter but came up big in the 4th. I was happy to see him get of the block that last quarter and show that burst on both ends. Pace played well and didn't over play tonight I thought he played well. Harriman is a knock down shooter from being a much better team. We escaped tonight and a win is a win. Ask Kentucky LOL.......

Kudos Harriman for not quitting early and fighting until the buzzer. People need to get behind that coach. As far as GCA we had some good moments tonight but we cannot expect to see the success we want when we extend the lead 3 separate times to 12+ and then let a team back into it with turnovers and rushed shot selection. Thank gosh Robby Windam had a great shooting night and I will give to Connor, he had about 15-20 boards and 7 blocks along with his 9or 10 points. Andrews hit some key shots, Walker, Ledford, Gettelfinger, they all battled and keep shooting.

Our wrongs tonight were turnovers and almost every time we scored we immediately got beat back in transition or couldn't get a stop. Just could not get a stop after a made bucket. Maybe I am wrong but I felt like tonights game was more GCA letting Harriman hang around way to long and then when it counted, Harriman got very inspired at home and made a run. Harriman had the lead with 16 seconds on the clock.......no shame it that. I don't want to play them again, and Meigs better watch out because one thing Harriman is ........is athletic and scrappy. After tonight, I think Harriman might get Meigs in 1 of the 2 games. Wouldn't surprise me lets say.

If Meigs shoots well then they will win both games, if they don't shoot well , I am not sure they have the defense to slow down a team that is! I have not seen Harriman yet but I can't imagine them being more athletic than Meigs, not many single A schools on this side of the state can match them athlete for athlete from top to bottom of roster!

If Meigs shoots well then they will win both games, if they don't shoot well , I am not sure they have the defense to slow down a team that is! I have not seen Harriman yet but I can't imagine them being more athletic than Meigs, not many single A schools on this side of the state can match them athlete for athlete from top to bottom of roster!

Harriman is not as athletic as GCA or Meigs......but if you let them hang around like we did tonight  it only takes a few athletes to make a few key plays. We spanked them good at our place but you read my synopsis above. I'm just saying, take care of the ball and hit your shots or you might be looking up at GCA on the last game of the year trying to win to be 1st. 

Personally, I'm pulling for Harriman ,,,,,,,no offense LOL

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Harriman is not as athletic as GCA or Meigs......but if you let them hang around like we did tonight it only takes a few athletes to make a few key plays. We spanked them good at our place but you read my synopsis above. I'm just saying, take care of the ball and hit your shots or you might be looking up at GCA on the last game of the year trying to win to be 1st.

Personally, I'm pulling for Harriman ,,,,,,,no offense LOL

I don't blame ya one bit, I was hoping they could pull one off last night! Do you keep up with the district 4 teams 12thman? We played Oakdale twice last year and they gave us fits, if I remember correctly it was single digit wins both games. They did not graduate anyone , I feel as if they are a bad matchup for Meigs , they shoot the 3 often and well and have a great player inside in the smith kid! Hope we can avoid them in a couple of weeks! Edited by TFL

I don't blame ya one bit, I was hoping they could pull one off last night! Do you keep up with the district 4 teams 12thman? We played Oakdale twice last year and they gave us fits, if I remember correctly it was single digit wins both games. They did not graduate anyone , I feel as if they are a bad matchup for Meigs , they shoot the 3 often and well and have a great player inside in the smith kid! Hope we can avoid them in a couple of weeks!

I have seen them both play this year. You have way more to worry about in Harriman. Smith is good but they don't handle the ball well. You will win over Oakdale on your speed. They play about as flat footed as any team I have watched. And Smith is the only shooter they have that can create off the dribble. #21 is a good shooter but stands in one spot the entire game just moving the ball and taking shots. He is a spot up only guy. And that is not a knock....it just is what it is. They have one guy with a mustache that looks like a older senior. He plays really hard and moves around the court more than anyone other than Smith. 

I think Meigs matches up worse against Harriman, because of Pace.