2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

I'm a stats man myself so I love seeing breakdowns of a game like this! Those numbers are definitely below our normal average. Hopefully we can shoot better from behind the arc and at the stripe Tuesday! I most definitely hope we don't come out and drop 20 turnovers because it will be almost impossible to win with that many turnovers. I'm going a little different prediction on this one. I think the big floor and a better shooting night plays to our advantage and we knock off the district front runner, Meigs County! Looking forward to it TFL and hoping for an injury free game. By the way, I hope and pray for your guys that were out due to injury. I hope they're able to bounce back and get into action here soon. There's nothing harder than watching a game from the sidelines injured and knowing there's nothing you can do to help your teammates!

I know those guys are anxious to get back , they are as competitive as they come!

Well kudos to Coach K and Rockwood for an inspired game at home. They shot the 3Ball about as good as any team we have faced this year. GCA top to bottom has more talent but GCA struggled hard in the first half to get anything really going and we suffered from a lot of turn overs and missed shots in the first half. The second half was just a good basketball game. The Tigers player well enough to win and actually were shooting 4 foul shots in the last 5 secs that could have given them the win over GCA. But GCA got it to OT when Rockwood missed all 4 FT.  

Many players played well for GCA. Grant Ledford kind of just took over in the 3rd quarter and really played well. Connor Arnold had a solid game and was lucky enough to be the guy to hit the game winner in OT with 7secs left. Final Score MBB GCA 69 Rockwood 68. 

Some people will look at this score and say whats up with GCA but give Rockwood some credit they showed up and played their butts off and this was a back and fourth game all night. But one player at Rockwood must have hit 8-10 3's. He just could not miss. 

TellicoPlains  Tuesday and if we take care of business then here kitty kitty kitty - Meigs Co comes to town Friday night. Cmon Harriman, take care of it for us Tuesday at home vs Meigs and Friday will be for all the marbles not just a tie. IF GCA gets by TP. 

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Well kudos to Coach K and Rockwood for an inspired game at home. They shot the 3Ball about as good as any team we have faced this year. GCA top to bottom has more talent but GCA struggled hard in the first half to get anything really going and we suffered from a lot of turn overs and missed shots in the first half. The second half was just a good basketball game. The Tigers player well enough to win and actually were shooting 4 foul shots in the last 5 secs that could have given them the win over GCA. But GCA got it to OT when Rockwood missed all 4 FT.

Many players played well for GCA. Grant Ledford kind of just took over in the 3rd quarter and really played well. Connor Arnold had a solid game and was lucky enough to be the guy to hit the game winner in OT with 7secs left. Final Score MBB GCA 69 Rockwood 68.

Some people will look at this score and say whats up with GCA but give Rockwood some credit they should up and played their butts off and this was a back and fourth game all night. But one player at Rockwood must have hit 8-10 3's. He just could not miss.

TellicoPlains Tuesday and if we take care of business then here kitty kitty kitty - Meigs Co comes to town Friday night. Cmon Harriman, take care of it for us Tuesday at home vs Meigs and Friday will be for all the marbles not just a tie. IF GCA gets by TP.

Wow, that's a shocker to be honest. Big talent gap as far as the 2 schools are concerned , but I have really took notice over the last few years and come to the conclusion that Rockwoods boys coach is the best in the district in my opinion (with Grace coach a close 2nd)! Rockwood always seems to compete even when they are playing teams with alot more talent! Congrats to Grace on the win!

Edited by TFL

I was at Rockwood/Grace. I understand that Grace didn't play their best game and Rockwood was on fire... ...but that's it? I was expecting way more from the way Grace is talked about on here and some of the scores of games they've won. I don't think they'll just walk all over Oakdale, Coalfield or Wartburg. Ledford, Arnold, and Gettlefinger (spelling?) are all good players, but I expected more. Their other starters and bench players left a lot to be desired for sure.

On the other hand, I love how they run their system so well. They get the ball up the court extremely fast and only take good shots. Don't think they can out run Oakdale or Wartburg like they do a lot of teams. Both teams are structured very similarly. Coalfield would have a size advantage, but might not be able to keep up with the pace. 

Edited by LilGoose10

We will take that W happily

12thman, the way I understand it , if the final district standings end up in a tie between GCA/Meigs, it was predetermined in a district meeting before a season that Meigs will be awarded the tie breaker, therefore be regular season champs. Do you know anything about this?

12thman, the way I understand it , if the final district standings end up in a tie between GCA/Meigs, it was predetermined in a district meeting before a season that Meigs will be awarded the tie breaker, therefore be regular season champs. Do you know anything about this?[/quote

No have not heard that although remember last year GCA was awarded the district title because of snow out. So Idk maybe the coaches or schools did that. I can find out.

Catholic and CAK had a coin toss lol

I was at Rockwood/Grace. I understand that Grace didn't play their best game and Rockwood was on fire... ...but that's it? I was expecting way more from the way Grace is talked about on here and some of the scores of games they've won. I don't think they'll just walk all over Oakdale, Coalfield or Wartburg. Ledford, Arnold, and Gettlefinger (spelling?) are all good players, but I expected more. Their other starters and bench players left a lot to be desired for sure.

On the other hand, I love how they run their system so well. They get the ball up the court extremely fast and only take good shots. Don't think they can out run Oakdale or Wartburg like they do a lot of teams. Both teams are structured very similarly. Coalfield would have a size advantage, but might not be able to keep up with the pace.

Well if you have seen me post you know I have said all year at times we play like a great group of individuals trying to win a game of 21. But when we find that teamwork thing we are offensively really good. Our main trouble has been unforced turnovers like 3/1 in some games. And defensively 3ball teams have hurt us for whatever reason we seem to lose the best shooter all night consistently in many games. That kid from rockwood drilled us but cmon its not like he was steve nash out there. He hit the shots but he got a lot if good looks too.

Keep working ........

Edited by 12thmanGCA