2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

All district teams are out. Can't argue with Joe Layne for Coach of the Year. Oakdale got the MVP, Maverick Smith ...and no players on first team all-district. Steinmetz wasn't worthy? Or Jackson Hicks? And Colyer Hicks/Brady Bingham weren't good enough for 2nd team? That team has ran through the district for two years and gets two players on 2nd team. I know these are individual awards, but I believe Steinmetz and J. Hicks had done plenty to secure a 1st team spot. I do like Noah Freels on first team though. Great player.

Oh well, what's done is done. Don't want to complain too much, just felt that Oakdale should've been represented more. Steinmetz or Jackson Hicks should've gotten a first team nod in my opinion. But I only post on CoachT, and therefore my vote does not count. Hahaha. I also wish voting was done after ALL the games have been played.

• Upvote 1

All district teams are out. Can't argue with Joe Layne for Coach of the Year. Oakdale got the MVP, Maverick Smith ...and no players on first team all-district. Steinmetz wasn't worthy? Or Jackson Hicks? And Colyer Hicks/Brady Bingham weren't good enough for 2nd team? That team has ran through the district for two years and gets two players on 2nd team. I know these are individual awards, but I believe Steinmetz and J. Hicks had done plenty to secure a 1st team spot. I do like Noah Freels on first team though. Great player.

Oh well, what's done is done. Don't want to complain too much, just felt that Oakdale should've been represented more. Steinmetz or Jackson Hicks should've gotten a first team nod in my opinion. But I only post on CoachT, and therefore my vote does not count. Hahaha. I also wish voting was done after ALL the games have been played.

Where did you find this information?

I could see one of them over Freels but I don't think both should've been first team. I thought the lists were pretty accurate.

i can't argue with the choices...j. hicks maybe to first team, but tough to argue with first or second teams overall. OD had 3 of top 11. WB 3 as well... That's about right. Edited by CAH09

If your team has the MVP, then it is hard to put multiple people on the 1st team as well.  Consider the MVP as part of the 1st team, and then go from there.  If the choices go by the votes of the coaches, then what do the players have to complain about?  Don't you want to be recognized by those who watch you play, and compete against you?  If they win the district, and make a run at sub-state, and possibly state, then it won't matter.  Hopefully they don't let this create any division on that Eagles team.  Also, remember several years ago when, for whatever crazy reason, Alaina Jordan didn't get MVP, and then dropped like a million points in the district tournament?  <Maybe they can prove their point that way.

Mad isn't strong enough of a word to describe how Mel is probably feeling. That does seem strange that Tyler didn't make it, but I know very little of their district. I did see Oakdale play at Catholic during Christmas break.

he should feel good about it...2nd team is about right...he isn't a first teamer. 2nd team is a good spot with him being a senior. This district has four or five players that could start most anywhere(with a few exceptions, of course)...they're all in the first team/mvp group. So, to be 2nd team is pretty solid. Edited by CAH09