2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

I'll have to disagree on Oneida should have won... yes officiating was terrible...but it hurt CF much more....Their leading scorer sat most of the game with sketchy fouls called on him. You can't let someone get hammered under the goal and 20 seconds later call a touch foul 20 feet from the basket. Plus, he fouled out late on a terrible charge call. That's what let Oneida back in the game...him sitting. CF just doesn't have consistent shooting  without their top two. That's when they struggle the most.

This sounds like about every game I have seen the last couple of years  if you go into the paint it's game on  but  don't touch someone 20 feet away

I'd disagree with the officials hurting C'Field more. Oneida's two leading scorers and point guard were on the bench for most of the first half. #10 stepped up for OHS to keep it from being a complete blowout at half.

The extracurricular activity after the game was ridiculous. Whoever decided to put Oneida's student section behind Coalfield's bench definitely regrets that decision.

I'd disagree with the officials hurting C'Field more. Oneida's two leading scorers and point guard were on the bench for most of the first half. #10 stepped up for OHS to keep it from being a complete blowout at half.

The extracurricular activity after the game was ridiculous. Whoever decided to put Oneida's student section behind Coalfield's bench definitely regrets that decision.

we'll have to agree to disagree on which team was hurt the most. CF up 15 with brown to down 1 without him. Several sketchy calls late went against CF as well. On one, Cf cleanly grabbed rebound that would have sealed game, kid had his arm ripped off from behind... got loose ball back while on the floor...Oneida fouled him again and grabbed the ball and was given a TO. 1) missed two obvious fouls, 2) both kids had the ball...it's at least a jump ball.

But truth be told, probably 45 to 50 fouls total...not a good night for stripes on either side. CF in double bonus in 1st qtr....then 9 fouls, straight I think called on CF to put Oneida in double bonus... just poorly officiated for both sides.

Oneida's students chose to sit there, they didn't seem to be the problem....it was two or three adults it appeared... (that's usually the case...the adults are typically worse than the kids).  If they move bench to other side, then it'll just be CF students yelling behind opponent's bench. Probably best as it is...again Oneida students were fine... just yelling ...that's their job.

Edited by CAH09

I don't disagree that Brown sitting hurt Coalfield, but having three starters sitting most of the 1st half helped build that 15 point lead. Two fairly even teams couldn't determine the game because the whistles were inconsistent, and sometimes completely missing.

Regardless, I'll be cheering for the Jackets Saturday night. Parker is a class act and a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

• Upvote 1