2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Wartburg and coalfield are about even don't care were they play the game at coalfield were they won was just one of those games if played at coalfield again yes coalfield might win but not by 30 home court helps but not by that much

I didn't mention fouls, but since you did: I guess CF's top scorer sitting out a key stretch with blood running down his face wasn't fouled? Or when WB got a run out layup after the kilby kid  just got hammered from behind on a layup...the ball just fluttered about 6 feet sideways... That was a four point swing... they lost by 2. Or when the ball hit the WB kid right in the stomach right in front of the baseline official and he gave it to WB under the basket. Officiating was as expected, it wasn't terrible at all. Truthfully, I actually thought given the one young official was there (he's just embarrassingly brutal as times) they did OK overall the 2nd game last night.

... calls happen in every game... Home team usually gets the majority of them...that's just they way it is. I'm sure WB didn't like one or two calls in the game as well.

You guys were pretty much spot on about the two games last night two really good games. The Jellico technical is a pretty well known rule. That game was being called pretty tight and thought they got that one right. Oakdale played good in the first half but got too conservative at the end and it almost cost them. The second game was called totally different. You could definitely say they let the kids play a more physical game. I saw a kid from CF bounce the basketball very similar to the game before and was waiting on that to be a technical. Jellico is scary. They slow you down and shoot the ball well. Thought they played well last night and 1-3 seeds looked fairly even last night with Oakdale looking a little better than the others.

You guys were pretty much spot on about the two games last night two really good games. The Jellico technical is a pretty well known rule. That game was being called pretty tight and thought they got that one right. Oakdale played good in the first half but got too conservative at the end and it almost cost them. The second game was called totally different. You could definitely say they let the kids play a more physical game. I saw a kid from CF bounce the basketball very similar to the game before and was waiting on that to be a technical. Jellico is scary. They slow you down and shoot the ball well. Thought they played well last night and 1-3 seeds looked fairly even last night with Oakdale looking a little better than the others.

yea, the ref had no choice on the tech... However, that doesn't happen if the ref could count to ten. I would have just like to have seen jellico get a chance to win it... Given how well they played against OD. No way that was ten secs in the backcourt.

yea, the ref had no choice on the tech... However, that doesn't happen if the ref could count to ten. I would have just like to have seen jellico get a chance to win it... Given how well they played against OD. No way that was ten secs in the backcourt.

We film all our games do you guys? Count to Ten and live with it or file an appeal with TSSAA its only $100 lol

You're right. It wasn't. The clock was at 27.2 seconds at the start of the possession and originally went down to 16.7, then they went back and changed it to 19.4 saying too much time ran off. I understand refs don't watch the clock and count on their own but there's a big difference between 10 seconds and 7.8. I even told someone at the game and we thought we were the only ones that noticed. Would have been an interesting outcome if that didn't happen

We film all our games do you guys? Count to Ten and live with it or file an appeal with TSSAA its only $100 lol

ha...yea, you'll have to talk to the jellico folks on that one... My guess they could have a direct shot of the clock and a vocal recording of the ref saying "one thousand 8" and they'd still be out $100. Tough break for them, I thought they battled hard against a better team and deserved a chance.

You know what I find interesting is after just looking, GCA nor Meigs either one played a single team from the other District in the Regular season. Not one. I will probably stir up some stuff but I don't think anyone in that District will get by Meigs or GCA. 

Harriman has a shot against GCA tonight the last game should have been Harrimans but they couldn't close out and GCA hit a buzzer beater. But.....we had 15 point lead in the first half. That is GCA's fault!  It will be interesting tonight, sucks that I have to be in Wash DC..... But I think that Harriman is one of the few teams that can athletically match GCA well enough. Meigs of course can - but can anyone in the other District?  

No matter what GCA has qualified for the Region and so has Harriman but I'd like to get on the early and then let them play catch up. The longer you let Harriman hang around the more likely you are to pay for it.