2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Anderson County was asked to host and would've hosted it, but it was there turn to host 3AAA tournament. That happens once every nine years. Whoever said AC wanted more money is lying. Coach Lane knows the truth if you'd like to ask him. AC would gladly host it next season if asked again.

To all the ones saying you wished jellico just had a chance... Well they did. They had nearly 32 minutes of chances. Does anyone not see how Coach Reynolds just stands over officials and chews their tail and nothing is done to him? Sure the tech gave the player his 5th foul but he got 4 others on his own. The officiating could've been a little better but hey it's not been perfect all year. The game after was even worse in my opinion, in which case the officiating could've been a little tighter.

I was at the game and I thought the 10 second call was to quick........... I'm willing to bet that only 7 or 8 seconds had went by when the official made the 10 second call........... if someone has video that shows the clock and the official from a wide view I would love to see it. I have no idea if Jellico would have scored or not but they did not get a chance. I know one thing, if your an official you better be certain that 10 seconds have went by if you make that call. Most officials in that situation will count slow to keep from making that call with the game on the line. Kudos to Jellico for outplaying Oakdale (they only had 7 wins and could have easily threw in the towel going into the tournament but they knocked off OZ at OZ and played Oakdale to the wire, that's what makes basketball so fun that you get a second chance come tournament time)......... I'm sure many people thought that Oakdale would run Jellico off the floor. Oakdale got tight in the last four minutes and almost unraveled down the stretch. They will have to play better to knock off Wartburg on their home floor to secure a district championship. And to eaglesfan23 response about Jellico coach getting on officials, it's part of the game. Coaches work officials........sometimes it plays to their favor and sometimes it does not. I don't think anyone can blame Jellico's coach for being upset about the 10 second call if indeed it was less than 10 seconds and in my opinion it was less than 10 seconds. 

Can we rename this forum to "How the refs cost *Insert team here* the game!!"?

Every time a team loses, somebody brings up officiating. It's aalllwwaayyss the refs' fault. It's getting old lol.

I wouldn't say the officials cost jellico the game because they may have missed their shot at the end but they did take away jellico's chance at a win with a quick 10 second call.

I was at the game and I thought the 10 second call was to quick........... I'm willing to bet that only 7 or 8 seconds had went by when the official made the 10 second call........... if someone has video that shows the clock and the official from a wide view I would love to see it. I have no idea if Jellico would have scored or not but they did not get a chance. I know one thing, if your an official you better be certain that 10 seconds have went by if you make that call. Most officials in that situation will count slow to keep from making that call with the game on the line. Kudos to Jellico for outplaying Oakdale (they only had 7 wins and could have easily threw in the towel going into the tournament but they knocked off OZ at OZ and played Oakdale to the wire, that's what makes basketball so fun that you get a second chance come tournament time)......... I'm sure many people thought that Oakdale would run Jellico off the floor. Oakdale got tight in the last four minutes and almost unraveled down the stretch. They will have to play better to knock off Wartburg on their home floor to secure a district championship. And to eaglesfan23 response about Jellico coach getting on officials, it's part of the game. Coaches work officials........sometimes it plays to their favor and sometimes it does not. I don't think anyone can blame Jellico's coach for being upset about the 10 second call if indeed it was less than 10 seconds and in my opinion it was less than 10 seconds.

So now officials have to have slow counts and regular counts?? officials should have the same counts/fouls at 7:59 in the first qtr as they would have it at .01 in the final qtr. That's absolutely absurd to even read that is what people think or say.

First off, I hate every year how nobody says a word about the tourney at wartburg until its right at time and wartburg is in it. I have connections to every team and could care less where the tourney is held but who wants to go to Oneida or Jellico possibly 4 out of 5 nights? It is a fact that wartburg voted to have the tourney at AC last year because they were tired of all the fussing and they probably get tired of doing all the work to make sure everything is ready to go and they get the same amount of money as every other team playing that night so if I am wb I vote to move it too. AC wanted more money and all the schools that complain about it being at wb didn't want to pay up to move it so it came back to wb. As far as coal and Oneida go I hate to see it for the Oneida kids because they played hard all night and the officiating was terrible. Oneida should have won that one. If coal plays like that Saturday then wb will run them out of the gym. I see oakdale taking care of business on Saturday night pretty easy. Glad to see somewhat of an upset with Jellico, hate it for Coach Ingram and OS tho. Back to the tourney, nobody said a word about it being at wb last year when they wasn't playing in it so the way I see it is that if you don't complain then don't complain now. I would like for it to be closer to home but oh well lets just go play. Since 2007 every district school boys team except Oneida has won a district title at Wartburg. They were satellite in 2009 and it was at os, so in the past 8 tourneys at wartburg there have been 6 winners with the repeat winners being wb and Jellico.

2007-OS beat WB

2008-WB beat SB

2009-satelite at OS

2010-Jellico beat OS

2011-Jellico beat WB

2012-WB beat Oneida

2013-SB beat WB

2014-Coal beat WB

2015-Oak beat Coal**Game was canceled and not played due to weather. Oak "won" because they were the higher seed***

Can we rename this forum to "How the refs cost *Insert team here* the game!!"?

Every time a team loses, somebody brings up officiating. It's aalllwwaayyss the refs' fault. It's getting old lol.

look, I was for OD... But you gotta admit, if you were there, the ref called a backcourt violation when there was none... The clock showed it had been 7.8 secs....not 9.8....7.8. Again, I'm glad OD won, but hated to see a high school team have that happen to them. Who knows, maybe they woulda thrown it out of bounds five seconds later... But that call was horrific and it took away the chance they had earned to have a game winning try. Ironically, In a game that was otherwise very well officiated.

You know what I find interesting is after just looking, GCA nor Meigs either one played a single team from the other District in the Regular season. Not one. I will probably stir up some stuff but I don't think anyone in that District will get by Meigs or GCA.

Harriman has a shot against GCA tonight the last game should have been Harrimans but they couldn't close out and GCA hit a buzzer beater. But.....we had 15 point lead in the first half. That is GCA's fault! It will be interesting tonight, sucks that I have to be in Wash DC..... But I think that Harriman is one of the few teams that can athletically match GCA well enough. Meigs of course can - but can anyone in the other District?

No matter what GCA has qualified for the Region and so has Harriman but I'd like to get on the early and then let them play catch up. The longer you let Harriman hang around the more likely you are to pay for it.

you might want to look at your girls bracket no one would have said grace and Meigs girls would be playing for 3rd and 4th it's tournament time things happen and as for not playing I was told teams in district 3 would not play Grace if didn't have too

you might want to look at your girls bracket no one would have said grace and Meigs girls would be playing for 3rd and 4th it's tournament time things happen and as for not playing I was told teams in district 3 would not play Grace if didn't have too

this isn't girls basketball. And district 3 girls is loaded. Meigs and grace roll to the region championship.

You know what I find interesting is after just looking, GCA nor Meigs either one played a single team from the other District in the Regular season. Not one. I will probably stir up some stuff but I don't think anyone in that District will get by Meigs or GCA. 

Harriman has a shot against GCA tonight the last game should have been Harrimans but they couldn't close out and GCA hit a buzzer beater. But.....we had 15 point lead in the first half. That is GCA's fault!  It will be interesting tonight, sucks that I have to be in Wash DC..... But I think that Harriman is one of the few teams that can athletically match GCA well enough. Meigs of course can - but can anyone in the other District?  

No matter what GCA has qualified for the Region and so has Harriman but I'd like to get on the early and then let them play catch up. The longer you let Harriman hang around the more likely you are to pay for it.

yea, IMO, they don't want to play either until they have to. For obvious reasons, meigs is much larger than the MC schools especially and plus... I think it's an hour and 20 mins for 3 or 4 of them. GCA isn't that far, but GCA typically would have pretty good upper hand most years on each team just because of student demographics. The 4a teams are a couple players down to what those two schools have most years. Why schedule a loss to a team you might see in the postseason. Harriman, rockwood, etc are closer and likely to be more competitive games. CF played GCA tough last year, maybe it happens again.