2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

I was really impressed with the Ledford kids game tonight, very good in all aspects, and Zy, well he came to play tonight ! Seen more emotion out of him than I think I have ever seen in the 12 years I have been watching him. Hopefully this loss will really fuel him during tourny play! He was a monster on both ends tonight and continued his streak of double digit rebounds more than likely (had 33 total rebounds in the previous 2 games). I agree with your statement about the length bothering Meadows, and I think that it is more mental than anything! I felt like he may have settled for too many jumpers rather than attacking the rim which is where he is really hard for anyone to stop! This loss may be a good thing for the Tigers if that makes sense! Sometimes with winning so much and often winning by large margin , heads can swell and teams may think they can't be beat, and need a wake up call! And for the luck drawing, I guess we are even now since Grace was awarded the #1 seed going into Region last year without having to beat Meigs for it!😉 Hey, hats off to Grace tonight, played well, and like TIgerfan said , the crowd was the best I have ever seen at Grace as well, it was a great atmosphere and a great night of high school basketball!! Congrats to all teams!!

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘A++++post

I was sitting on front row in 2nd Q taking pictures and ZY hit that 45footer right in my face at the buzzer. I said cmon zy that aint right and he just smiled. I enjoyed watching him last night. He was on a mission. We have Tellico tonight might be inspired after bearing Harriman. Could be a let down game for GCA.......

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Yes I thought Grant played very well, had his stroke on tonight. Zach Walker was working hard on both ends. Arnold had a great first half and the got that 4th foul in the 3rd and kinda killed his mojo. I thought the whole Ram team played well.

I will say this. Take ZY out of the equation and GCA wins by 20 tonight. That was Zys best game he has ever played against GCA. And meadows is a great player but it seems our length nuetralizes his jumping ability and probably bothers him more than most teams.

Congrates on your luck drawing the first seed and we still have to beat Tellico to tie for the championship. More to come for sure.

not making excuses at all because grace played very well and very inspired. But let's not forget Meigs still has a starter out who played very well against grace earlier in the yr. and by far the best defender on the team! Really hoping he's healthy by tourney time

I could be wrong but since 2nd and 3rd spit it go's to the team that has beaten the higher seed team wartburg spit with Oakdale could be very wrong but I think I was told that one time

I think you're right about that. I could see either coalfield or OS getting upset in the first round. Wartburg shouldn't have a problem getting past sunbright.

Monterey beat them last year too. The first time and again this year the first time. Then at their place Oakdale beat them very easily. I again see that you just look at the schedule and see heritage has 11 losses. Have you seen them play? Do you consider clarkrange a team that will compete for state? They have 6 losses. Guess those losses were against quality teams. GCA has 9 losses. Are they not a team that could compete for a state run? They've lost some games they shouldn't have lost. Sure they beat Catholic but they had just played a game the night before. Games are played to have a winner and a loser. Some nights a team loses that probably shouldn't but hey that's basketball and that's why basketball is so much better than any other sport. Any team can win on any given night. The worse team can beat the best team at any moment.

Grace did not beat Catholic they beat CAK. CAK had played a real physical game with Catholic the night before and they were missing key players. Edited by QSouth89

1st round doesn't look too great at first glance. However, Coalfield better not overlook Oneida. Oneida gave them everything they could handle the last time. The Indians have been playing very well lately despite the win total. Just haven't been able to finish out a game. I still think Coalfield will win, but if I had to pick an upset out of those games, it would be Oneida over Coalfield. 

1st round doesn't look too great at first glance. However, Coalfield better not overlook Oneida. Oneida gave them everything they could handle the last time. The Indians have been playing very well lately despite the win total. Just haven't been able to finish out a game. I still think Coalfield will win, but if I had to pick an upset out of those games, it would be Oneida over Coalfield. 

Yea, I agree... that's the most plausible upset of the three games. After seeing them a couple of times, Oneida isn't terrible...I'm a little surprised they have only won three games. Having said that, CF should win by 15+. They were on the verge of a rout both games and then Oneida hit 3 or 4 threes in a row in both games to make it closer late.