2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

After tonight's game , I really don't think Harriman has anything for Meigs if they meet up in tourny!

53-51? Sounds like they got plenty for you like they did us in our 1 point victory. Everyone is getting better this time of year the big dogs better both be ready in the District. We got snowed out vs Tellico. Play Meigs Friday and Tellico Monday.

53-51? Sounds like they got plenty for you like they did us in our 1 point victory. Everyone is getting better this time of year the big dogs better both be ready in the District. We got snowed out vs Tellico. Play Meigs Friday and Tellico Monday.

This is the boys discussion forum correct? 53-51 was the final of the girls game ! Boys was 72-53

OH......well then....I stand embarrassed. Carry on nothing to see here. I agree with your earlier sentiment then. :popcorneater:

I tell ya what, I am more concerned about a couple of those teams out of district 4 than I am Harriman. Coalfield and definitely Oakdale could cause Meigs some problems as they both seem like they can put up a lot of points and if Meigs has a weakness it's thier defense! Region semis would be a bad place for Meigs to see Oakdale I worry!

12thman, the way I understand it , if the final district standings end up in a tie between GCA/Meigs, it was predetermined in a district meeting before a season that Meigs will be awarded the tie breaker, therefore be regular season champs. Do you know anything about this?

Confirmed

FYI win or lose Friday we have the number 2 seed in district tournament. We can be regular season co champs but not number 1 seed.

If we beat meigs Friday..we'll tie for regular season (unless we lose to Tellico Monday). But meigs own the tie breaker from a previously done draw by the district. That would be for seeding purposes only for the district tourney. To get the one seed Meigs had to lose 2 games - luck of the draw🙄

Top 4 of district tournament go to region

I tell ya what, I am more concerned about a couple of those teams out of district 4 than I am Harriman. Coalfield and definitely Oakdale could cause Meigs some problems as they both seem like they can put up a lot of points and if Meigs has a weakness it's thier defense! Region semis would be a bad place for Meigs to see Oakdale I worry!

i believe the only team out of district 4 that may have a chance to beat us is oakdale and that's if they just played absolutely lights out. But if oakdale wins district 4 and we win the district 3 tournament we wouldn't see them or grace until region championship. Meigs is 12-0 in the district and every single game has been by double digits. The closest district game all year was Harriman at home by 10. Even on there bad nights Meigs finds ways to win and that's indicative of a good team. However, I do believe Harriman may give teams trouble in the post season if they can knock down a few shots cause they are long and athletic and attack the rim really well. But last night Sammy sit back in that zone and it gave Harriman fits because once again they couldn't hit an outside shot

i believe the only team out of district 4 that may have a chance to beat us is oakdale and that's if they just played absolutely lights out. But if oakdale wins district 4 and we win the district 3 tournament we wouldn't see them or grace until region championship. Meigs is 12-0 in the district and every single game has been by double digits. The closest district game all year was Harriman at home by 10. Even on there bad nights Meigs finds ways to win and that's indicative of a good team. However, I do believe Harriman may give teams trouble in the post season if they can knock down a few shots cause they are long and athletic and attack the rim really well. But last night Sammy sit back in that zone and it gave Harriman fits because once again they couldn't hit an outside shot

Best move he has made all year!!

Confirmed

FYI win or lose Friday we have the number 2 seed in district tournament. We can be regular season co champs but not number 1 seed.

If we beat meigs Friday..we'll tie for regular season (unless we lose to Tellico Monday). But meigs own the tie breaker from a previously done draw by the district. That would be for seeding purposes only for the district tourney. To get the one seed Meigs had to lose 2 games - luck of the draw🙄

Top 4 of district tournament go to region

Champs sure does sound better than co-champs! Meigs better take care of business Friday night so there is no "co" involved!! 😉

Oakdale has a few days to prepare for Wartburg. It'll be senior night for the Eagles as they seek to get revenge for their only district loss of the season. That. Game. Will. Be. Awesome. Can't see the Eagles dropping two games to Wartburg, however, I was wrong last time when I said the Eagles would take down the Dawgs easily. 

Oakdale has a few days to prepare for Wartburg. It'll be senior night for the Eagles as they seek to get revenge for their only district loss of the season. That. Game. Will. Be. Awesome. Can't see the Eagles dropping two games to Wartburg, however, I was wrong last time when I said the Eagles would take down the Dawgs easily.

Regular season championship on the line and it should be a great atmosphere. Wartburg has been playing well lately but I'll take the Eagles at home.