2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Good assessment but I dont know about the strategy to beat Harriman. It goes terrible when Meigs slows it down. Meigs plays best when running and shooting. We stop Pace and run it we might score 100 and beat them by thirty. I say we win easily by twenty.

You are right about slowing it down , that is a huge weakness for Meigs, and I have a feeling Grace is going to try to expose that weakness in a couple of weeks! Nobody is going to run with Meigs unless they make it to the boro!

Third for sure. Oakdale, CF and WB I am pretty sure can handle Harriman pretty easily come tournament time.

you're awfully cocky about this. Not sure what you've got against harriman but everything I've seen harriman can play with any of those teams any given night. And I really hope you plan on "easily" cruising to victory when we play. We may not pull it off but we'll give you a run for your money for a little bit.

you're awfully cocky about this. Not sure what you've got against harriman but everything I've seen harriman can play with any of those teams any given night. And I really hope you plan on "easily" cruising to victory when we play. We may not pull it off but we'll give you a run for your money for a little bit.

Harriman was up 24--6 on CF when they played. Pace and Johnson picked up their 2nd fouls and and Coalfield came back to win on a shot with 2 seconds left in the game. If Pace gets in foul trouble then all three will beat Harriman but if he plays the whole game then Harriman could beat all three.

I dont have anything against Harriman. Its just the schedule. All the tough games are at the back end. I think last year you all lost seven or eight of your last games fo the regular season and I see it going the same this year for them. I like a couple of players on the team but as a team they can not stack up with Meigs.

Monterey beat them last year too. The first time and again this year the first time. Then at their place Oakdale beat them very easily. I again see that you just look at the schedule and see heritage has 11 losses. Have you seen them play? Do you consider clarkrange a team that will compete for state? They have 6 losses. Guess those losses were against quality teams. GCA has 9 losses. Are they not a team that could compete for a state run? They've lost some games they shouldn't have lost. Sure they beat Catholic but they had just played a game the night before. Games are played to have a winner and a loser. Some nights a team loses that probably shouldn't but hey that's basketball and that's why basketball is so much better than any other sport. Any team can win on any given night. The worse team can beat the best team at any moment.

Like i said, I'm pulling for the small school in a way... but the losses and the way they lost look a lot like a team that has the potential to flame out like last year. Look at GCA's losses, they really just have one stinker, Webb (and Webb is pretty good)... and they(GCA) start 2 freshman most nights, don't they? (only seen them once)... OD has 5 or 6 stinkers...with what? 8 upperclassman in the rotation. I thought this was their best shot at winning several postseason games... and it MAY be... but right now I'm not seeing it. Looks like winning district may be it for them at this point... which is OK, I guess, but it's the 2nd or 3rd weakest A district in the entire East... not exactly the loftiest goal for that group.

I drove up to Jellico bs Oakdale tonight. First let me say TDOT thank you for a 1.5 hour drive from powell to Jellico

Game started late 9pm due to traffic. So its halftime and its Oakdale 37 Jellico 25. Jellico is lacking a guard of any kind and its killing them All Bigs. Oakdale shooting well but this is an overmatch game

Third for sure. Oakdale, CF and WB I am pretty sure can handle Harriman pretty easily come tournament time.

You do realize the results of the Harriman and Wartburg games already don't you? These Oakdale and Harriman teams are almost the exact same teams that matched up and Harriman beat last year. Coalfield beat Harriman by 2. Coalfield deserved that as we blew a lead and got into some significant foul trouble. I think most would agree that Harriman could win district 4 this year with the talent they have. For any of this teams to "handle them easy" is just absolutely silly.