District 4-AA 2015-2016

I was talking to a friend after the Catholic and Alcoa game and he made an excellent point. Alcoa, Catholic and CAK lose very few seniors. Catholic has one senior (Cox) on the team, Alcoa loses one senior starter (Anderson), and CAK loses 2 seniors (Martin and Debusk). All three teams still have a lot to play for this season but next year could be special. Back in 1995-96 I coached at University High in Johnson City and our district was loaded. UH, Hancock County, Cosby, and Unaka were all 20 win teams and all top 10 teams. There was a 4 way tie for first place so there was a lot of coin flipping. Next year could be like that. Scott returns a lot of players too.

Edited by QSouth89

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK has one senior daniel martin who is able to play. The other senior craig carter broke his leg in football.

CAK will be missing several guys tonight

Catholic only has one senior on the roster. Two if you count Coach Hutchens...a senior citizen lol. I'm kidding Edited by QSouth89

Great effort by the Irish in the win tonight. Big game by Jack Sompayrac off the bench with 16., Officials were horrible but unbiased. They really impacted the game with a T on Coach Wells for being out of the coaching box late. Hate to see officials take the game out of the kids hands especially on such a weak call on the other end of the court away from the action.

Great effort by the Irish in the win tonight. Big game by Jack Sompayrac off the bench with 16., Officials were horrible but unbiased. They really impacted the game with a T on Coach Wells for being out of the coaching box late. Hate to see officials take the game out of the kids hands especially on such a weak call on the other end of the court away from the action.

If you think back a few years, Bearden is playing at Catholic and Chris Cox blocks a dunk attempt by a Bearden player, Catholic is on a 3 on 1 break to tie the game its about a minute left and that same ref calls an intentional foul on Chris! We were already on a fast break when he finally decided to blow his whistle AND when Hutch asked what did he do his response was "oh coach you saw it" we saw a block. We go back and look at the tape and it's strange that Chris blocks the dunk we take off, Blevins is ON the court yelling at that same ref and WE get a mysterious technical foul? It makes no sense.

Much Respect Q Irish are balling. Good luck in the playoffs. I guess I still root first for CAK because I love Shane so much but I got a soft spot for Luke too. Just love to see him succeed (and the other guys on your team) So many old Vision Fury battles lol

Thank you, we still have some things to improve upon but we are getting better each week. Good luck to you guys as well.