• Marshall County
    • Page
    • Spring Hill
    • Tullahoma

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have tried stay off here and not say much but here goes so forgive me WOMG who is a great supporter of Giles Co. First I will address the Marshall fan above burning down the brickyard?? Lol thats good joke, but if you win I am sure the butthurt won't be any worse for the bobcats than it was for your kittykats last year when the black and gold strolled into Lewisburg in the first round of the playoffs and ended your season. As far as Wallace guess there were not any good QB candidates within the Marshall County limits so Olsteen had to take after his mentor and go recruit him one. Sure it won't be long until TSSAA looking at Lewisburg lime there were Pulasko a few years ago. Peace I'm out

Well, well, well seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! Just got info Marshall Co. Got in a little trouble with TSSAA and lost a spring and fall scrimmage next year plus the DC is suspended for the first 2 games this year for transporting the Wallace kid to practice before he was enrolled in school. Seems the HC picked up a few tricks from his former boss. Should have been hit harder if you ask me. What you say Tiger fans I got it from a pretty reliable source.

Well I have tried stay off here and not say much but here goes so forgive me WOMG who is a great supporter of Giles Co. First I will address the Marshall fan above burning down the brickyard?? Lol thats good joke, but if you win I am sure the butthurt won't be any worse for the bobcats than it was for your kittykats last year when the black and gold strolled into Lewisburg in the first round of the playoffs and ended your season. As far as Wallace guess there were not any good QB candidates within the Marshall County limits so Olsteen had to take after his mentor and go recruit him one. Sure it won't be long until TSSAA looking at Lewisburg lime there were Pulasko a few years ago. Peace I'm out

Well, well, well seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! Just got info Marshall Co. Got in a little trouble with TSSAA and lost a spring and fall scrimmage next year plus the DC is suspended for the first 2 games this year for transporting the Wallace kid to practice before he was enrolled in school. Seems the HC picked up a few tricks from his former boss. Should have been hit harder if you ask me. What you say Tiger fans I got it from a pretty reliable source.

Well where to start? Losing to Giles in the playoffs last season had a lot to do with an Osteen trained QB and athletes trained by the OC clan. Let's see how well Walt's boys do this season. And as for the TSSAA "punishment," if that's true, gaining the talented Wallace will out weigh that slap on the wrist easily. Not to mention, that's the best option for that kid, Coach O will make him a superstar  B)

Good grief it has started. The TSSAA sanctions are true. As far as Giles goes we had a good scrimmage last night. The boys really worked well and played as a team. O-line looked solid. Defense did well with two players not playing out with injury. This group is more of a team than individuals. May not have the talent of years past but they work together and seem to support one another. Seem to be very aggressive. Still early and I personally don't buy into all the 7 on 7 hype. Hard to read what a team will look like just from that.

As far as Marshal goes. Hey I wish them well. Wallace is a good kid and that's the path they chose. Coach O will teach him well, but in the end I think Giles will have the better end of the deal with the other Freshman. Coach Flipo has already worked wonders with this kid. He may end up being faster and smarter than the Marshal Freshman Phenom. It's Football Time' good luck to all.

Good grief it has started. The TSSAA sanctions are true. As far as Giles goes we had a good scrimmage last night. The boys really worked well and played as a team. O-line looked solid. Defense did well with two players not playing out with injury. This group is more of a team than individuals. May not have the talent of years past but they work together and seem to support one another. Seem to be very aggressive. Still early and I personally don't buy into all the 7 on 7 hype. Hard to read what a team will look like just from that.

As far as Marshal goes. Hey I wish them well. Wallace is a good kid and that's the path they chose. Coach O will teach him well, but in the end I think Giles will have the better end of the deal with the other Freshman. Coach Flipo has already worked wonders with this kid. He may end up being faster and smarter than the Marshal Freshman Phenom. It's Football Time' good luck to all.

I'm sure that Oline did look pretty good vs Loretto, also heard Giles was set to scrimmage Hickman county and Fayetteville city, Jamboree vs Chapel Hill, that's called scheduling down and getting work vs teams that are all below skill level of the teams they will face in regular season. Don't be crying when regular season starts and reality sets in that will be the worse season since pre Tim Johnson days.

On a another note how did Spring Hill look vs some serious competion up in the boro vs Riverdale?

i am for one tired of the drama that is Marshall and Giles. Don't care about Wallace or either coach. Yall needs to start a new thread that is who will win the soap opera debate and let the rest of this region talk about football.

Start it up bud, no one is saying much about the other teams. I would for one would love to hear about Lawrence county, Tullahoma, Page etc

Start it up bud, no one is saying much about the other teams. I would for one would love to hear about Lawrence county, Tullahoma, Page etc

Tullahoma is way down from past yrs. there young players have some ability but they are unproven. Coach olive will without a doubt get them as ready as fast as he can.

Lawrence county scrimmaged creekwood Friday night. No idea how it went. They had the best backfield last yr that I've ever seen them have. But if im not mistaken those are all gone including that man child they had on DL. He was a disruptive force.

Spring hill-----odom. E'nough said

Page?

Tullahoma is way down from past yrs. there young players have some ability but they are unproven. Coach olive will without a doubt get them as ready as fast as he can.

Lawrence county scrimmaged creekwood Friday night. No idea how it went. They had the best backfield last yr that I've ever seen them have. But if im not mistaken those are all gone including that man child they had on DL. He was a disruptive force.

Spring hill-----odom. E'nough said

Page?

I have a feeling Page will pretty competitive and surprise some teams, they usually can throw it around with success. Lawrence county I assume will stay in the wingt and they had a good year last season doing it but as you stated losing a bunch of good backs won't help that O.

Thanks playthegame for my morning laugh. So now the excuse for last year's loss was the QB was trained by Osteen?? Lol ya got ya he was a Sophomore buried on the DEPTH chart when the old staff left so need to find another excuse. Second I am tired of dthe coach crap. That is why I am on here to defend a guy that is a dang good coach.I would venture to say if you took a snapshot of Walt's last 10 years or so as a head coach and O'Conner last 10 years they match up very well. They both have the same number of championship game appearances and I know Walt was in at least 3 semifinal appearances as well. The difference?? Walt didn't have to skirt the rules by practicing out of season, texting and recruiting players going to 7on7 out of state in the month of June when they are banned to get his accomplishments done. Heck he made the state finals with a deck stacked against him at Giles due to sanctions from the O'Conner tenure. No 7on7 during July, only 2 scrimmages in the fall, only 5 spring practice days and no scrimmages, no jamboree etc. The man is a good football coach that does it the right way. As far as the fall goes JAFO I think you are right on alot of things this Giles team has alot of great kids with strong work ethic that will be their M/O. I wish hem nothing but the best and I truly believe they are gonna surprise alot of folks due to the good staff and hardworking kids they have down there.