CAK 2015

Govolsknox

Well, I've kind of stepped out of the way to give some other more current dads / fans / players an opportunity, but I haven't seen much about CAK, especially from CAK people, recently. So, I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on what part CAK may play, if any, this year in the 3A title run.

I will start out by giving my opinion, that this year is the year I have pointed to for several years now. Next year would have been my second most promising year. This is based on what I saw coming up through the CAK program, and the youth of the starters last year. 2 years ago was a straight rebuilding year after the graduation of the overall 2 best CAK teams in its short history, with back to back State Championships. Last year, there was talent, but too much of it was very young talent. Lots of freshmen and sophomores, with only 6 seniors, and only 3 of those starting. While it remains to be seen if this year's Warriors can give a serious challenge to the top programs that are the obvious expected contenders this year, I think it is actually quite a possibility that, barring injury, CAK could make for an opponent that could be a difficult match up for most any team they will face.

I would be interested in opinions, particularly those that know a little about the programs and who actually has what, as opposed to the opinions (though welcome) of those who just look at the names and give the obvious prediction.

Oh, and since I haven't posted in a while, I will give a congrats to CAK's Austin Pope for his commitment to TN (and numerous other offers). Go Vols!

Edited by Govolsknox

CAK will be dangerous this year. Obviously, the Warriors are judged by how they fare against Alcoa, and for a while in last year's quarterfinal, they hung tight. With that experience, I'm sure they'll be better.

If I had to make a bold prediction right now, I'd pick the Warriors to go 10-3, losing to Webb and Alcoa. That may change later based on what I see from them.

I think CAK goes 6-4

Livingston Academy  W

Grace Christian L

Scott W

Webb W

Kingston W

DCA W

Loudon W

Clinton L

McMinn Central L

Alcoa L

Dave,

6-4? Not a bad prediction really. I mean, CAK is facing several teams that could give them a real challenge. Having said that, if 6 were the over under in the REGULAR season, I think that would be a fair question, but I'd take the over. But let me go back to my original question: What role will CAK have in the 3A title hunt? Home field is great to have, but home or away, I would still give the Warriors the edge in the first round or two of the playoffs. The question is always, 1. do they have enough to give Alcoa a challenge? and 2. Does it even matter, because the other question is do they have enough to even get to Alcoa in the playoffs. With all due respect, I don't think it matters if CAK loses to McMinn, Webb, Clinton, DCA, or LA. It's not a good sign if they are getting blown out by ALL of those, but none of those games, in and of themselves, is going to matter in the 3A playoffs, except as it applies to homefield advantage. And even in the last two rebuilding years, it has taken Alcoa to knock CAK out of the playoffs, even with CAK having weak regular season records due to, in part, youth, and in bigger part, a brutal schedule.  So as long as they don't lose enough to get completely knocked out of the playoffs, the real question (IMHO) is not what their regular season record will be, it's whether they have enough to keep Alcoa on their toes a little longer than they did last year in the quarters. Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Well, I've kind of stepped out of the way to give some other more current dads / fans / players an opportunity, but I haven't seen much about CAK, especially from CAK people, recently. So, I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on what part CAK may play, if any, this year in the 3A title run.

I will start out by giving my opinion, that this year is the year I have pointed to for several years now. Next year would have been my second most promising year. This is based on what I saw coming up through the CAK program, and the youth of the starters last year. 2 years ago was a straight rebuilding year after the graduation of the overall 2 best CAK teams in its short history, with back to back State Championships. Last year, there was talent, but too much of it was very young talent. Lots of freshmen and sophomores, with only 6 seniors, and only 3 of those starting. While it remains to be seen if this year's Warriors can give a serious challenge to the top programs that are the obvious expected contenders this year, I think it is actually quite a possibility that, barring injury, CAK could make for an opponent that could be a difficult match up for most any team they will face.

I would be interested in opinions, particularly those that know a little about the programs and who actually has what, as opposed to the opinions (though welcome) of those who just look at the names and give the obvious prediction.

Oh, and since I haven't posted in a while, I will give a congrats to CAK's Austin Pope for his commitment to TN (and numerous other offers). Go Vols!

I think CAK wins the district. Edited by QSouth89

If CAK beats Alcoa in the regular season....they will beat Alcoa in the playoff's.

CAK will be a scoring machine.....the question mark will be the defense.

Alcoa will be strong defensively....the question mark will be the offense.

It's going to be another 9-1 regular season for Alcoa and the big fight will be for #2 in their Region.