Lewis County look like a bunch of crybabies in Tennessean article

RonMexico3

MSU Racer, If you google TSSAA proposals you will see a sample of how they divide the schools.  I personally dont see it passing but Ive been wrong before.  ALso you guys have a great program and do a great job.  Im glad that you see the advantage that you guys capitalize on with your community.  I would love to see a Milan vs. Henry County game that would be a classic.  One thing alot of public schools dont understand is that kids leave d-1 private schools for public schools all the time.  I really hope in the future that privates and publics and magnets and open zone schools continue playing against one another.  

You're critical of a school's representative and that's fine but hiding on a message board behind a screen name and calling him "a punk" is simply cowardly.

LBD, you're wrong. Its more than cowardly. Shows no class at all and flat out disgraceful. I can only assume that Lewis Co has beaten you to death over the years and you're a jealous little boy about it.

The TSSAA will now look at an urban and rural classification proposal. I would be careful in talking about advantage in this argument. A urban or city school will always have some advantages over a rural school simply based on population density. Which is why they are looking at dividing up based on that. However one thing no one talks about is for the D1 privates the challenge that exists in an urban area. In a rural school most of the time you are not going to have to worry about losing your players to a bigger private school or bigger public school. If you don't think public schools in urban areas aren't atrracting athletes or recruiting your crazy. This is what high school athletics has moved towards like it or not it is what it is.

Magnet schools in urban areas can select their students and kids go for free. Many in Nashville are always powers in basketball. Open zone schools need I say more. Also as middle tennessee grows and more schools are built the talent gets diluted. Look what happened to Riverdale when Ruth co. Exploded. Used to Franklin and Brentwood were it in will co and now schools are popping up everywhere. Milan or a closed zone school gets to keep their kids and develop them in a feeder system. Those are some advantages and disadvantages.

What I look at is the level of competitiveness no school is just completely dominating everyone week in and week out. Also so many people base their opinions on this year or recent history. A few years ago CPA was an average football program. Goodpasture a few years ago was competing for state titles recently they have struggled. Lipscomb has remained consistent but hasn't competed for a state title in football in a few years. NCS used to be a small program and they are growing but still haven't won a title. Hillsboro the most successful school in metro has been essentially open zone.

Some schools are just going to be good at certain sports based on their community, tradition, or coaching. Regardless of what class. Coaching and admin support is a big part of success and like it or not some schools don't have the support they need to compete and win. It's not the private or open Zoned schools keeping them from being successful. I think the TSSAA will do a great job of leveling the playing field and hopefully this argument will die.

Lastly TN has always had quality teams winning championships and this is a credit to both public and privates alike. Splitting the teams would diminish that reputation.

they are going to tweak the rules on financial aid to siblings, work study for students and jobs for family members.  Then, if schools want to continue as they do now, they will have to move to DII.  If they want to stay in DI, they will change their school policy on such things.

I am curious to see the new rules on recruiting.  

And if some folks were in charge, I guess i could not wear my private school shirt when i go watch my friend's 6th grader play public school basketball because I would be recruiting.  I do not remember who wrote this and do not really want to troll past posts in other boards, so if you feel me wearing a t-shirt is recruiting, sorry to offend you.  Just remember,  you cant wear your school's shirt when you go watch another school play either.