Dobyns-Bennett 2015

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King, I can tell you right now that DB has got a lot of skill players that can play ball.The next couple of weeks are very exciting for myself as a fan and as either a football OR wrestling dad.So, I'm very, very ready to watch it play out .DB has a stud backfield on offense and stud linebackers on defense. Good speed all over the field.I think our coaches are very good and DB will be ready on the 20th of August...

The word around Eastman is that for DB to be successful this year they cannot afford to mentally take any game for granted.     I know this is true for every team week in and week out, but here's the point...  for the past several years DB has had at least 4 games (Central, Boone, Volunteer, Crockett) that are guaranteed wins, games in which DB wins just by showing up.       This new conference is not going to have those cupcake games, and even if there is a semi-cupcake you have to consider the travel factor that hasn't existed before.    I am sure the coaches are very well aware of what was just described, so prepare for every game as if you're playing Maryville and it will be a good season.

The word around Eastman is that for DB to be successful this year they cannot afford to mentally take any game for granted.     I know this is true for every team week in and week out, but here's the point...  for the past several years DB has had at least 4 games (Central, Boone, Volunteer, Crockett) that are guaranteed wins, games in which DB wins just by showing up.       This new conference is not going to have those cupcake games, and even if there is a semi-cupcake you have to consider the travel factor that hasn't existed before.    I am sure the coaches are very well aware of what was just described, so prepare for every game as if you're playing Maryville and it will be a good season.

Blazer,you need to look at the old "Big East" stats in the 90's and last decade..If DB doesn't win it will have nothing to do with travel as well,because those other teams have to travel just the same.Yes you should prepare as if ever game is Maryville,but the fact is,that's a total different azz whooping for nearly every team ,every year when playing the Rebs.

Yes, the travel works both ways, what I was trying to convey is that DB's new conference isn't loaded with the cupcakes of the past, where you could just show up and win.     So to have a good season you have to be VERY serious about each game.     Let's be honest, it is just basic human nature to be less intense when you know you are going to blow the other team out no matter what.     I expect DB to get a lot of wins in this new conference but that will be with the starters playing the majority of the game, unlike the last several years when playing the Tri-cities schedule.   BTW, everything being said here goes for Science Hill as well, no more easy Tri-cities wins...

Yes, the travel works both ways, what I was trying to convey is that DB's new conference isn't loaded with the cupcakes of the past, where you could just show up and win. So to have a good season you have to be VERY serious about each game. Let's be honest, it is just basic human nature to be less intense when you know you are going to blow the other team out no matter what. I expect DB to get a lot of wins in this new conference but that will be with the starters playing the majority of the game, unlike the last several years when playing the Tri-cities schedule. BTW, everything being said here goes for Science Hill as well, no more easy Tri-cities wins...

I think there are quite a few potential trap games for DB on the new schedule. They will need to be focused every week.

As we are only about a month away from the season start I would be interested from some of you in the know about specifics around this year's Indians : players? coaches? scrimmages? etc. . . thanks

How many Seniors do we have? Returning starters? Any Sophomores starting?

How's the coaching staff looking with the DC being removed? Anyone hired as the D. Cord?

I think there are quite a few potential trap games for DB on the new schedule. They will need to be focused every week.

That's the point, in the new conference every game is a potential trap game, unlike the past several years where DB could win half their games just by showing up.     However don't take this as DB is going to come in unprepared, their coaches know all too well what is on the line.    If WB wants the win you will have to play a mistake-free game and give them your best shot.

That's the point, in the new conference every game is a potential trap game, unlike the past several years where DB could win half their games just by showing up.    

DB has always worked hard and been as prepared as they can,nomatter if it's a crap 5A team or crap 6A team.I see it this way.If we can't beat atleast half the teams on our new schedule then we suck anyway .There are way too many athletes on DB's team at this point to be that bad.

That's the point, in the new conference every game is a potential trap game, unlike the past several years where DB could win half their games just by showing up. However don't take this as DB is going to come in unprepared, their coaches know all too well what is on the line. If WB wants the win you will have to play a mistake-free game and give them your best shot.

No doubt DB will be ready for each game. But there will only be 2, maybe 3, gimmes on their schedule this year. It will be a challenge for sure.