2015 cambell county

hogdogger

Not hog but I'll sum it up for you.

We move the ball fairly well from 20-20 but tend to shoot ourselves in the foot inside the 20. Had it inside the 20 four different times vs Central and came away with no points.

This is true.  I watched the Gibbs game and Central game.  Both lines are big and strong and all juniors if I'm not mistaken.  The offense is the same, same plays.  They do move it up and down, they just stall in the red zone.  Defense not as good as last year.  Again, the line is stout, but the back end is young and learning on the job.  We've been there, too.

Think y'all can beat Lenoir City?  Hog must be campin'

This is true. I watched the Gibbs game and Central game. Both lines are big and strong and all juniors if I'm not mistaken. The offense is the same, same plays. They do move it up and down, they just stall in the red zone. Defense not as good as last year. Again, the line is stout, but the back end is young and learning on the job. We've been there, too.

Think y'all can beat Lenoir City? Hog must be campin'

You pretty much nailed it. As far as beating LC, I think we should. I also think we should have beaten Gibbs but we see how that turned out.

Going to be a lot of learning for us this year.

Edited by CCcougar

Its much like the West team. They lost Cottrell, Marshall, Bacon, Burch, Perry etc. CC lost Elkins, Torres, Jeffers etc. Those are special players. You don't just replace guys like that. There is a learning curve. When you lose players like those guys,the others tend to get used to watching them go out and win ballgames and making it look easy. When it's the new replacements turn, they haven't had many game reps with game on the line. They have to get some game experience. It will come.

Well I'm back from therapy the physiologist says I have too go through this 10 step program. I'm on #4 ask for forgiveness. So if I have offended any one I'm sorry. (Except for AC faithful)of course..my cougars have let me down I guess no matter how much I want them too be successful it dosent matter.as far as Lenoir city I don't know what's going to happen .we have given up 2 block punts for 6 points in the last 2 games and 2 broken coverage touch downs in both games so there's at least 12 points we will be giving away right there unless something changes.I'm sure we will move the ball inside the red zone but comeing away with points is the big question. We truly have some talent but if we don't put things together for this one it's going to be a long season for my cougars. I guess the lack of seniors and Friday night experience on this team was more of a factor than what I thought it was going to be..anywho.good luck too everyone except the AC faithful of course. Love always hog.

Well, I hate to say, I told u so, but,...... Look we've had a couple good seasons. We've had some fun, made some great strides, have people excited around here. Unfortunately cc doesn't have the athletes to have four or five 9-2 seasons in a row. I think they can win 5-6 games this year. But they can also win 3-4 games. It's hard to swallow after seeing what's possible up there. But, a 3-7 or 4-6 season now at cc is not going to be acceptable, and man that's refreshing. We used to be ticked to death to go 4-6 and have a couple close losses. Not anymore. I just don't see it with this years team like the others. The offense is mediocre at best and the defense was supposed to be the best since the purple people eaters or the steel curtain, and their giving up 20 ppg. Without the deep threat in that offense and the reluctance to establish a run game, I'm afraid teams are going to crowd the line and give the dinks and dunks. It's still fun to go to a cc game and think we might win.