CLINTON @ OAK RIDGE

dragnfan

The coaches will find a way to get better every week.It only matters how good we are in 10 plus weeks.Gonna try and enjoy it more.I understand why we changed offenses but it dont look good so far.But we also dont know how last years would work.Its always fun watching a team get better instead of blowing people out and then losing in playoffs because we thought what we had was good enuff.Go Cats

Do you think we improved offensively from Heritage to Clinton?

The coaches will find a way to get better every week.It only matters how good we are in 10 plus weeks.Gonna try and enjoy it more.I understand why we changed offenses but it dont look good so far.But we also dont know how last years would work.Its always fun watching a team get better instead of blowing people out and then losing in playoffs because we thought what we had was good enuff.Go Cats

We did see how last years offense worked against Heritage... 72 yards in 1:39 for a TD and it was very effective

I did not think we would destroy Clinton.  However, I do not understand how our Oline has struggled every scrimmage and in this game and we expect something different.  Many college teams run this same offense and have little or inferior lineman when compared to the Dline's that they face.  Hopefully we will make a big improvement in that area from week 1 to week 2.  While I am at it I must say that having #9 at receiver is a complete waste.  This is a guy who will play Defensive end or tight end in college or tackle if he continues to grow.  We want to run the ball and we have what could be the best tight end or offensive tackle in the state playing WR.

I did not think we would destroy Clinton. However, I do not understand how our Oline has struggled every scrimmage and in this game and we expect something different. Many college teams run this same offense and have little or inferior lineman when compared to the Dline's that they face. Hopefully we will make a big improvement in that area from week 1 to week 2. While I am at it I must say that having #9 at receiver is a complete waste. This is a guy who will play Defensive end or tight end in college or tackle if he continues to grow. We want to run the ball and we have what could be the best tight end or offensive tackle in the state playing WR.

The OL is horribly coached.

The offensive coaches do not instill the discipline or accountability that is required to play defense at OR. As such, you will notice that some of the "stars" cannot cut it on defense. They have been able to get by on offense half-assing it & not being held accountable. The defensive coaches prove that holding kids accountable is the proper way to play, because we continued to play well with our 4th & 5th CB's in the game and without our best LB. The offense will continue to struggle because many of the "stars" will fold up when the going gets tough and our OL is very unlikely to improve.

During preseason, it was "we aren't using 5 & 9 much on offense because we know we can get it to them at any time." That was proven to be horribly inaccurate last night. Now, the motto is "we will get better offensively each week." This is ridiculous as well. These offensive coaches have had most of these kids on the roster for 3 years now. Have theydeveloped a QB? Have they developed a competent OL? Have they established a positive identity for our offense in those three years?

The answer to all of those questions is a resounding "NO!" They have shuffled the two QB's around and forced them to try to learn multiple systems. One started as a junior and played well enough to get to the quarterfinals, but now isn't starting. Maybe the other kid should be the starter, but if so, he should have been taking some snaps there last year. Let's be honest 81 could've played his WR spot, but he wasn't one of the coach's favorites. We certainly haven't established a positive identity on offense. We don't do anything consistently well, and our go to appears to be chuck it up & hope 5 or 9 come down with it. This may win most, if not all, regular season games. However, it won't win a championship, and another elite defense will be wasted.

Edited by OakRidgeTruthTeller

The OL is horribly coached.

The offensive coaches do not instill the discipline or accountability that is required to play defense at OR. As such, you will notice that some of the "stars" cannot cut it on defense. They have been able to get by on offense half-assing it & not being held accountable. The defensive coaches prove that holding kids accountable is the proper way to play, because we continued to play well with our 4th & 5th CB's in the game and without our best LB. The offense will continue to struggle because many of the "stars" will fold up when the going gets tough and our OL is very unlikely to improve.

During preseason, it was "we aren't using 5 & 9 much on offense because we know we can get it to them at any time." That was proven to be horribly inaccurate last night. Now, the motto is "we will get better offensively each week." This is ridiculous as well. These offensive coaches have had most of these kids on the roster for 3 years now. Have theydeveloped a QB? Have they developed a competent OL? Have they established a positive identity for our offense in those three years?

The answer to all of those questions is a resounding "NO!" They have shuffled the two QB's around and forced them to try to learn multiple systems. One started as a junior and played well enough to get to the quarterfinals, but now isn't starting. Maybe the other kid should be the starter, but if so, he should have been taking some snaps there last year. Let's be honest 81 could've played his WR spot, but he wasn't one of the coach's favorites. We certainly haven't established a positive identity on offense. We don't do anything consistently well, and our go to appears to be chuck it up & hope 5 or 9 come down with it. This may win most, if not all, regular season games. However, it won't win a championship, and another elite defense will be wasted.

That motto you said "we will get better offensively each week" is eerily similar to what Fulmer used to say @ UT lol

Okay, here I go opening myself up to being attacked again for my lack of football knowledge, etc. I don't claim to be good enough to even be an armchair coach , much less one who knows better than the real coaches. I listened to the game originally but watched the replay. I know longer agree with most of you on many things.

-I do agree that the defense is great.

-I don't agree that Dunbar is an obvious poor choice. He made many good things happen that probably would not have otherwise happened.

-I do feel for the other QB and hope he gets some playing time.

-I don't think a wh*** analogy should be used on this forum, joking or not , esp when talking about a child.

-I don't think the RB coach should be fired for playing a friend's son who happened to do very well. He should be playing.

-I think we have a lot of work to do.

-I think the Oline needs the most work.

-I think the players should not have to hear some of this crap (hope they aren't reading) and take away from their happiness at the end of the game.

- The most positive thing: we are 1-0.

-The biggest oxymoron: the use of the phrase "the Oak Ridge faithful."

Do you think we improved offensively from Heritage to Clinton?

No, It was 1 GAME.But I promise we will not keep doing the what we did Friday. Gaddis will make changes if things dont improve.People act like this is college and Gaddis can fire and go offer a big contract to some great coach and bring him in.Why do u keep talking about last year?We was not good enuff to beat West.They had a better team.Rhea was good but we couldve won that game.It happens because somebody has to lose.But the biggest thing is not expecting great  things but the way you attack coaches but would never do it to their face.I have watched to many good teams go to waste because parents and fans infect these kids with their negative crap.We are all going for the same goal.They want to win more than anybody.If you are so good go apply for the job.Anybody can see the offense needs work.Nothing wrong with talking about things you would like to see but your not helping bashing coaches.

Okay, here I go opening myself up to being attacked again for my lack of football knowledge, etc. I don't claim to be good enough to even be an armchair coach , much less one who knows better than the real coaches. I listened to the game originally but watched the replay. I know longer agree with most of you on many things.

-I do agree that the defense is great.

-I don't agree that Dunbar is an obvious poor choice. He made many good things happen that probably would not have otherwise happened.

-I do feel for the other QB and hope he gets some playing time.

-I don't think a wh*** analogy should be used on this forum, joking or not , esp when talking about a child.

-I don't think the RB coach should be fired for playing a friend's son who happened to do very well. He should be playing.

-I think we have a lot of work to do.

-I think the Oline needs the most work.

-I think the players should not have to hear some of this crap (hope they aren't reading) and take away from their happiness at the end of the game.

- The most positive thing: we are 1-0.

-The biggest oxymoron: the use of the phrase "the Oak Ridge faithful."

I made clear in my post that the coach's son should be playing. He is fantastic. However, the RB's coach is playing another equally talented freshman out of position, as well as several other kids out of position. It's also obvious that he has done a horrible job teaching ball security to his players.

Saying he should be fired MIGHT be a little bit too far, but if he's anything other than a volunteer, then he's overpaid.

No, It was 1 GAME.But I promise we will not keep doing the what we did Friday. Gaddis will make changes if things dont improve.People act like this is college and Gaddis can fire and go offer a big contract to some great coach and bring him in.Why do u keep talking about last year?We was not good enuff to beat West.They had a better team.Rhea was good but we couldve won that game.It happens because somebody has to lose.But the biggest thing is not expecting great  things but the way you attack coaches but would never do it to their face.I have watched to many good teams go to waste because parents and fans infect these kids with their negative crap.We are all going for the same goal.They want to win more than anybody.If you are so good go apply for the job.Anybody can see the offense needs work.Nothing wrong with talking about things you would like to see but your not helping bashing coaches.

So he didn't improve from a scrimmage to a rivalry game (where he has an obvious reason to seek improvement), but you can promise improvement going forward? That's illogical.

The reasons I'm talking about last year's team are simple. First, it shows that the offensive staff doesnt plan very far ahead. We started a junior QB that the coaches phased out by changing offenses. If we were going to run the offense that we are running this year, then we should have run it last year or at least had a package to get this year's QB some snaps there. Instead, we are starting a new QB for the second year in a row. This goes back to my point that I keep making: the offense was either mishandled last year, this year, or both.

Your basically say that Rhea didn't matter because we couldn't beat West. That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. However, you top it by blaming fans for possible negative performance of the team. How the team does is 100% on the coaches and players (which is mostly what the coaches instill in them). The defense looked great last year & this past week. I guess that only offensive parents read this board. Additionally, a good coach can use negative comments as inspiration. Look at how C. Martin used a petition to fire him to bring his team together.

The problems last year & this year are simple. The offensive coaches do not instill discipline or hold the players accountable for their actions, the second part being especially true during practice. Additionally, the offensive coaches play favorites, which is why one our biggest playmakers (number 81) didn't see the ball nearly enough last year.

So he didn't improve from a scrimmage to a rivalry game (where he has an obvious reason to seek improvement), but you can promise improvement going forward? That's illogical.

The reasons I'm talking about last year's team are simple. First, it shows that the offensive staff doesnt plan very far ahead. We started a junior QB that the coaches phased out by changing offenses. If we were going to run the offense that we are running this year, then we should have run it last year or at least had a package to get this year's QB some snaps there. Instead, we are starting a new QB for the second year in a row. This goes back to my point that I keep making: the offense was either mishandled last year, this year, or both.

Your basically say that Rhea didn't matter because we couldn't beat West. That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. However, you top it by blaming fans for possible negative performance of the team. How the team does is 100% on the coaches and players (which is mostly what the coaches instill in them). The defense looked great last year & this past week. I guess that only offensive parents read this board. Additionally, a good coach can use negative comments as inspiration. Look at how C. Martin used a petition to fire him to bring his team together.

The problems last year & this year are simple. The offensive coaches do not instill discipline or hold the players accountable for their actions, the second part being especially true during practice. Additionally, the offensive coaches play favorites, which is why one our biggest playmakers (number 81) didn't see the ball nearly enough last year.

U have issues.Coaches knew the Oline wouldnt be good.They changed to a offense that they thought would work best for what they have.We have played 1 game.Changes will be made if nothing improves.Coaches cant be with kids all the time and the parents and people they are around will and does have a huge impact.I have seen it 100 times.I invite you to discuss the things you accuse some of the coaches of.1 on 1.Just talked to a middle school coach last week that has always wanted to be a head coach.1st year and he hates it because the parents and know it alls drive them crazy.

• Upvote 1

U have issues.Coaches knew the Oline wouldnt be good.They changed to a offense that they thought would work best for what they have.We have played 1 game.Changes will be made if nothing improves.Coaches cant be with kids all the time and the parents and people they are around will and does have a huge impact.I have seen it 100 times.I invite you to discuss the things you accuse some of the coaches of.1 on 1.Just talked to a middle school coach last week that has always wanted to be a head coach.1st year and he hates it because the parents and know it alls drive them crazy.

I have zero issues. You just cannot admit the offensive coaches have been terrible for three years now.

We just changed offenses, yet you are implying another change may be made? We have a kid that played WR last year that displaced the starting QB. If the QB this year is that guy, then he should've gotten some snaps last year. Yes, that really makes it seem like the coaches know what they're doing. As what the coaches are doing has no impact on me on a personal level (because I don't have a kid on the team), I will just continue to post my thoughts on the board. I'm sure it gets to the coaches that way. Do you think it doesn't?

And I will continue to repeat what cannot be disputed, we either ran the wrong offense last year, are running the wrong offense this year, or both.

I've been reading this since Friday night. I was at this game. It looked to me like the Clinton D had a lot to do with OR's ineptitude on offense. You guys aren't giving credit where it's due. It looked to me that Clinton had a good defensive gameplan against the offense and executed it pretty well in my opinion.