Cookeville 2015

Let's get this started. Hearing and seeing good things so far this summer from the Cav's. I think they go 8-2. Riverdale, Oakland, and Blackman will be the three biggest challanges. They go 1-2 verse those three and win the rest. Worst case, If Angel or VJohnson gets banged up, the could lose all three,Riverdale, Oakland, and Blackman, and go 7-3. Best case they win 2 of 3 verses Riverdale, Oakland, and Blackman, and go 9-1. CHS has a big OL and DL, Great tri of LB's, and pretty good speed on the outside. Depth is a question but lots of kids seeing time in scrimmages so its getting there. Thoughts?

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the QB competition going?

as of now the returning starter and transfer have been splitting snaps with the first team, and both doing well. Each brings something diffrent to the table in their skill set. I say you will see qb by who is hot and who is not the season type deal. I don't think either has pulled away as a clear cut favorite.

as of now the returning starter and transfer have been splitting snaps with the first team, and both doing well. Each brings something diffrent to the table in their skill set. I say you will see qb by who is hot and who is not the season type deal. I don't think either has pulled away as a clear cut favorite.

Gallatin gets to see them both this Friday in the First Look Scrimmage. Should be a good warm up for the season.

Was wondering when the old UCM would come out of his U/LA hole and start talking Cavalier Football.   Just when have you saw the Cavs in action this spring/fall??  What about Smyrna?   They had the best Freshman group of all the RuCo teams 3 years ago.  

The scrimmage is at the practice field at 5:30.  One Cavalier Drive Cookeville, TN 38501 off of Washington Ave.  Some GPS will take you to Avery Trace Middle School,  the old Cookeville HS.

Was wondering when the old UCM would come out of his U/LA hole and start talking Cavalier Football. Just when have you saw the Cavs in action this spring/fall?? What about Smyrna? They had the best Freshman group of all the RuCo teams 3 years ago.

The scrimmage is at the practice field at 5:30. One Cavalier Drive Cookeville, TN 38501 off of Washington Ave. Some GPS will take you to Avery Trace Middle School, the old Cookeville HS.

CHS vs FR and lots on HUDL. Smyrna is decent, but young. Take top two off CHS and Smyrna compares about equal but don't have those two top end players like the Cavs have. Angel and Vic will be a force on both sides of the ball. CHS has a pretty easy schedule comapred to the other boro teams so they have a better chance of staying healthly and getting depth accustom to game exp. I say lots of kids play in the first two weeks verses good but much smaller programs.CHS won't show much on film in those two games.

I say you better check Smyrna's roster again.  They have more kids with offers than does Cookeville.  At least you aren't on here bashing the Cavs yet.  I am sure that will come.  Today will be a good test.  It will tell us the fans what to look for and expect.  However, it is just a scrimmage, and you never know how the coaches will approach it.  With the jamboree on Friday, it will be interesting to see how much, and how long the starters/players are in the scrimmage.

I say you better check Smyrna's roster again. They have more kids with offers than does Cookeville. At least you aren't on here bashing the Cavs yet. I am sure that will come. Today will be a good test. It will tell us the fans what to look for and expect. However, it is just a scrimmage, and you never know how the coaches will approach it. With the jamboree on Friday, it will be interesting to see how much, and how long the starters/players are in the scrimmage.

you know how I feel about offers, and Smyrna doesn't have the size CHS has. Plus I will take CHS's staff over the one in Smyrna.

Was wondering when the old UCM would come out of his U/LA hole and start talking Cavalier Football.   Just when have you saw the Cavs in action this spring/fall??  What about Smyrna?   They had the best Freshman group of all the RuCo teams 3 years ago.  

The scrimmage is at the practice field at 5:30.  One Cavalier Drive Cookeville, TN 38501 off of Washington Ave.  Some GPS will take you to Avery Trace Middle School,  the old Cookeville HS.

Thank u!

Cavs have looked really good so far this fall. Went up to Farragut last week & after a slow start, handled them pretty easily. 5-2 with the 1's. 

Couldn't go today, couldn't get off work. But there's one thing you can count on with Coach Maynord. These scrimmages are all just glorified practice sessions. He doesn't go in there to try to win (so to speak), he works on stuff. Gets everybody in. So you really can't take a lot from them. Even does that in Jamborees to a certain extent.

And yes UCM, this is probably the most "talented" team Cookeville has had since 2005, maybe more so, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But do they have the HEART of the '05 team with Wolf, Hennigan etc? That's what made them great and that remains to be seen with this bunch. I hope they do.

Edited by THE SQUAD