Best players in 1A not to be nominated for Mr. Foo

Pirate2003

I thought this thread might be kind of interesting to see what people say. I will say this before we get started. I think the 1A back of the year nominations are deserving. Cloudland people do not get upset about who was chosen. Eddie Moore from South Pittsburg who plays LB for Tennessee was a finalist in 1998. Everyone knew he was hands down Mr. Football. Guess what they gave it to some 5'5 guy from U.S.J. I have determined that Mr. Football award is alot like the Heisman. Eddie Moore not winning it that year was as bad and Peyton Manning not winning the Heisman. The following are some guys that are good players but didnt get chosen.

Mark Byrd - Cloudland- Had a great season, is only a junior, will be one of the finalists next year.

A.J. Jones - South Pittsburg- Had another terrific year despite only playing his third year of football in his life. If Mr. Football had 5 finalists he would have been one.

A.J. Blackburn - Ezell Harding- He is the real deal. very good player

These are the first three backs that come to my mind that were close to being there.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO VOTES ON THIS STUFF BECAUSE THEY LEFT OUT ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE STATE IN MARK BYRD. JUNIOR OR NOT HE SHOULD BE A LEAST FINALIST AND IN MY OPINION IS THE BEST PLAYER IN 1A. HE`S NOT JUST GOOD ON OFFENCE HE IS ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE TEAM ON DEFENCE NOT TO MENTION ALL THE KICKOFF AND PUNT RETURNS HE HAS. MR FOOTBALL OR NOT HE IS STILL THE BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE TO ME AND THE REST OF ROAN MTN PROBABLY AGREES ON THAT.

2 things.1st off the people on Roan Mt. need to come down and see how the rest of the state has goood athletes also.2nd Slappy may have had a good night aginst boyd but that goes to show how this award is about more than 1 game.Healy and his team have beatten 2 4 a schools and 2 2a schools this year while Slappy has been playing cremepuffs all year. So maybe this award is based on more than 1 game.Think on that!!!

2 things.1st off the people on Roan Mt. need to come down and see how the rest of the state has goood athletes also.2nd Slappy may have had a good night aginst boyd but that goes to show how this award is about more than 1 game.Healy and his team have beatten 2 4 a schools and 2 2a schools this year while Slappy has been playing cremepuffs all year. So maybe this award is based on more than 1 game.Think on that!!!

I dont have a dog in htis fight and Schappi will get his due next year, but for you to say one game lets me know... you are too young to voice your opinion becausse its apparents you dont know anything outside of what ahppens at Boyd.

Let me show you something...

Randy Schlappi Ezell-Harding 31tds 161 comp 242 attempts 2780 yards. And has another 8 tds rushing. IM not quit sure but i htink he had more than one good game.

Ezell has punted 7 times all season. Schlappi averages 51 yards per punt as well.

As far as crempuffs i dont think anyone thinks that our region is cremepuffs that would definately fall to someone else if for no other reason than we still have 3 of our 4 teams in the playoffs.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 11-13-02 12:26P]

If everyone will stop and look around a little,everyone of these guys plays on real good teams. I would'nt be suprised if the best player in the state is on some losing team. When you have good talent and coaching around you,it's easier to have good numbers and look great. I do have an opinion as to who the best two are but out of respect for the other very deserving kids,Ill keep it to myself. The two guys I'm talking about can single handedly beat you on offence or defence on any given night. One of them did'nt get nominated.The other one will win it,or at least should.

well cam, if ezell has been playing cremepuffs all year, they beat boyd by 4 touchdowns what does that say about Boyd.

A.J deserves consideration over Schlappi, but if Healy is going to get nominated I just thought I would point out that Schlappi had a dominant night 270 passing 3 TD's, 60 rushing 2 td's, against boyd while boyd's offense did nothing all night.

Guest Hotmoose

What about Will Martin. Ezells center and defensive end. Last year he had 120 tackles and 42 pancakes. He had 10 pancakes in the championship game on top of that. Wasup widat home dog!? DAt is wack!