Best players in 1A not to be nominated for Mr. Foo

Pirate2003

Guest checkerboard

What probably kept the Ezell QB out of the list of finalists was the fact that he has stepped in and done exactly the same thing that last years QB did. This might sound like an odd statement, but now the people who voted for that QB feel a little stupid for thinking it was the QB and not the system in which he played. (reference Steve Spurrier, Rex Grossman and Ron Zook). I guarantee that if he put up those numbers playing for anyone else, he would be a finalist.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, reading this thread brings one thing to mind.....Doesn't this belong on the PUBLIC/PRIVATE board? I mean, those are the only people sounding off here for the most part!! Congratulations to EVERY PLAYER IN THE STATE just for having the guts to hit it every Friday night. I am sure that each of you in someones eyes is a Mr. Football and congratulations to the ones that were actually nominated for the awards. May the rest of your careers be blessed and not judged by awards or numbers but by how much heart you put into it and how much fun you get out of it!!

T

[Edited by thelma on 11-14-02 12:35P]

All of the best players are never chosen. If your team does not have a winning record and in the playoffs, you are out. You could be a great player but be overlooked because of your team's record. No human being alive knows who the best player is. I think having the award is not the best thing. Team awards should be more important.

Thelma,

Thanks for your post. You hit the nail on the head when you said every player is a Mr. Football winner in someones eyes. ;) Every player that works their tail off to play under the lights on a Friday night, whether they actually play or are on the practice teams, are well deserving of special thoughts! My thanks and well wishes to every player!!

Guest BossHogg

C.J. Babcock is another player that doesn"t get any hype. He has rushed near a 1000 yds. from his fullback positions. He plays LB on defense and has recorded over a 100 tackles, 4 to 5 interception, and has a big hit every game. I don"t know how many turnovers that he has caused. No one knows about C.J. (Badock) but Gordonsville fans and the teams that they play know all about him.

[Edited by BossHogg on 11-14-02 8:14P]

Guest peterpan

if you r going to get on here and yap about Schlappi..you r just wasting your time b/c it's all a bunch of hog wash.#1- He can throw a 2 yard pass and his outstanding teammates turn it into a 30-50 yd. gain opposed to a 2 yd. gain.#2 Ezell outta be playing w/ Hartsville,Smith County,Portland...ect. They come back year after year w/ a loaded team???? So do you hear me knockin?? If not let me break it down for you !!!RECRUIT!!! :rolleyes: