Week 1 -- East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

have to admit; they haven't been the same since Oct 3rd of last year.....hope that kid that got hurt last night is OK.....whats rong with going both ways; we have to do it.......a good conditioning program will let you do that

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I dont think they are going to fare too well due to depth versus who they play. Its great that the ones that persevered have "bought in" to what the new coach is trying to do. Will it be enough to overcome their schedule? my CANES will go give em their first test friday night.

EH 28

SM 14

have to admit; they haven't been the same since Oct 3rd of last year.....hope that kid that got hurt last night is OK.....whats rong with going both ways; we have to do it.......a good conditioning program will let you do that

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

it ain't rocket science guys : it's all about the players , There's a reason colleges spend multimillion dollars on recruitment

Price was good at cultivating the community and getting players, Notre Dame couldn't even beat CCS until Coach Fant and their evangelism to inner-city kids to Convert to Catholicism ,

Kids are born with their aggressiveness and enhanced by their living environment, two-way player with aggression is better than a two-way player that is just mediocre ,

Baylor and McCallie are going to always get the cream of the crop,

we are going to always be sloppy seconds

65 average players are no better than 25 average players

Its the 10% different makers that are going to be the difference, who has them Is the key

right now it looks like Notre Dame !!

it ain't rocket science guys : it's all about the players , There's a reason colleges spend multimillion dollars on recruitment

Price was good at cultivating the community and getting players, Notre Dame couldn't even beat CCS until Coach Fant and their evangelism to inner-city kids to Convert to Catholicism ,

Kids are born with their aggressiveness and enhanced by their living environment, two-way player with aggression is better than a two-way player that is just mediocre ,

Baylor and McCallie are going to always get the cream of the crop,

we are going to always be sloppy seconds

65 average players are no better than 25 average players

Its the 10% different makers that are going to be the difference, who has them Is the key

right now it looks like Notre Dame !!

it is in a way all about the players, but not necessarily when it comes to winning; a great head coach and/or a strong supporting staff are extremely valuable and can get average kids to do great things on and off the field....now as for the inner city evengelism to convert to Catholicism shot you attempted to make; do you even know where the ND campus is?...we are the inner city cracka.......thats the great thing about not being a PUB school; we can still talk about the Father Almighty (Evangelize) and not have our classrooms shut down over it

NOW..........if you were not focused on the hurt, emotional pain and upcoming uncertainties for success for your team you would better know your football and would know that ND beat CCS the first time they played in 2009......you would also know that coach Fant was still at BB leading the offensive charge to some extremely succesful seasons for BB when this happened........this in its self voids you of any credibility for cheep shots when attempting to remind Booger how bad his Irish has been over the history of their program; though they have periodically had great seasons on a rotating 10 year wheel.....there are plenty of T posters with far more than 58 boot post that can seize and lock the moment with painful cheap shots at Booger and his ND of how bad the Irish were and make it stick.....Booger thinkin you aint one of them

..and that 2-way player thing you tried to run with made absolutlely nose sense......oh, and 65 avg players are about 62% better than 25 avg players.....you want get what just happened there; but most on here will

....ND absolutely man-handled McCallie friday night with our sloppy seconds; maybe its the nasty 3rd's you are getting... are you related to that Troll guy?

Booger just sayin 141.gif

Edited by Booger

It will be the 1st game of the year, Canes will be on the road..... So this will be a good game. Canes have a size advantage, and more depth, so I will give us the edge. The Canes will need to grow up some up front good size but had issues. Canes cannot not have the LB crew making most of the tackles we have got to get some pressure. on the O line very little push got to do a better job. They key will be can the Canes get better each week? I would think with the scrimmage schedule and our non district schedule should make us better for district play. But if the Canes turn it over like they did last year Signal could win this game. 

It will be the 1st game of the year, Canes will be on the road..... So this will be a good game. Canes have a size advantage, and more depth, so I will give us the edge. The Canes will need to grow up some up front good size but had issues. Canes cannot not have the LB crew making most of the tackles we have got to get some pressure. on the O line very little push got to do a better job. They key will be can the Canes get better each week? I would think with the scrimmage schedule and our non district schedule should make us better for district play. But if the Canes turn it over like they did last year Signal could win this game.

Starters on both o and d only played 1 series, this is fact. . 2s and 3s were definitely outmatched. We run a 3-4, that's the way this defense is supposed to work, 3 d-lineman keeps 5 o-lineman busy, linebacker blitzes or stops runner. This defense should be very much improved with the amount of starters returning. Don't think for a minute the game you saw Saturday is any indication of the quality of this team. the Canes are ready for SM and want to beat this team bad after last years loss and SM rushing the field on hurricane hill. This team is confident WILL redeem themselves from last years troubles. BOOK IT!!!!!

Go Canes

Edited by mcvolfan

Starters on both o and d only played 1 series, this is fact. . 2s and 3s were definitely outmatched. We run a 3-4, that's the way this defense is supposed to work, 3 d-lineman keeps 5 o-lineman busy, linebacker blitzes or stops runner. This defense should be very much improved with the amount of starters returning. Don't think for a minute the game you saw Saturday is any indication of the quality of this team. the Canes are ready for SM and want to beat this team bad after last years loss and SM rushing the field on hurricane hill. This team is confident WILL redeem themselves from last years troubles. BOOK IT!!!!!

Go Canes

I would hope last year was insane with turnovers. Really did not put much into Saturday, agreed we played 2nd teamers, but so did Rhea, I was going back to the Maryville game granted it's Maryville, but WV, Knox West, Knox Cath moved it real well on us in scrimmages. This is a much better team then last year and moving down will also help. I really think this is a 9-1 team this year and a big return to the playoffs...... last 2 years Canes gave up way to many rushing yards, it needs to be fixed.

Nature of the beast running a 3-4 against a run heavy team. Hopefully with a better secondary that we should have we can load more guys in the box and leave those corners and safety to take care of the air for us. 9-1 would be great.

I didn't go to maryville but wv, la, cak, I didn't see much concerns on defense. Cak's first series got us but we adjusted well enough. I will admit the o-line needs to get it together but they eased my mind on pass protection. That really hurt us last year with poor pass-pro (qb injured first half of first game). Keep qb healthy we will be ok. Have to play 3rd qb again, could make for another long season. Anyway, SM goes down 28-14. Can't wait till Friday!!!!!

ChatterCaine, I don't think these other fellers is reading my posts. Our numbers were so low this year that we had eight guys going both ways. Now we have lost four of those. That's like losing eight starters. One quit, one suffered a season ending knee injury at the jamboree, and two probably won't be able to go until our first region game week 3, if then. Our linemen are also having to go both ways, and two of them's knees are so bad they can hardly get into a three point stance. We're having to shuffle guys around into positions they have never played and try to figure out some type of offensive and defensive scheme that will work. There's no way to sugarcoat it.

The guys are trying hard to stay positive, and I am confident that my Eagles on the field will give it their all Friday night, but you can't escape reality. We're going to have to play with a lot of grit and determination and catch some breaks to keep this game competitive.

I'm trying to do my part to help. I've turned the weather sensor off on the irrigation system, and I'm running it night and day. Praying for a downpour on Friday night. Heck, we may not even be able to get the field painted.