Week 1 -- East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

Likely starting fullback went to Baylor, TFP said, another loss.

That wuz one of the momma issues a couple of weeks ago. Good kid and one of the team leaders. He wuz actually the student/player representative on the head coach selection committee, liked Coach Wise, and earned one of the awards at the team BBQ coming out of summer workouts. Hated to lose him, but not sad to see his momma gone from the school. Don't think he really wanted to leave; and it's bad for him, because he will be ineligible this year, which is his junior year. I hear'd Baylor told them they could get him eligible, but I don't see how since Baylor's 20 mile radius "territory" encompasses Signal, and any "hardship" argument would be total BS. :rolleyes::popcorneater:

I guess we will see tonight if he is eligible. I am thinking he will be no matter.how the rule makes it seem he would not be.

Idk. According to the transfer/eligibility rules in the T$$AA By-Laws, he is clearly ineligible for twelve months. As was seen in our fiasco several years ago and the recent issue with the kid who transferred to Hendersonville, the T$$AA interprets those rules strictly by the black and white letter of the By-Laws. It would be hard to make an argument for an academic hardship exemption when Signal is an International Baccalaureate school of excellence and it's students consistently secure academic scholarships to prestigious universities around the country.

I suppose stranger things have happened. Baylor has a lot of money, and the T$$AA loves money. :popcorneater:

A local precedent a couple of years back, public to private, Ringgold quarterback to Notre Dame.

He went down to North Murray and practiced with them several weeks over the summer. Family rented an apartment down there, and they used that address when he transferred to Notre Dame, rather than their Ringgold address. :ph34r:

Might have been one of the Whitfield County schools. I'd have to look back at the old Facebook posts. Either way, they tried to establish a residence (on paper anyway) outside of Notre Dame's territory in preparation for the transfer.

Edited by MountainTroll

That wuz one of the momma issues a couple of weeks ago. Good kid and one of the team leaders. He wuz actually the student/player representative on the head coach selection committee, liked Coach Wise, and earned one of the awards at the team BBQ coming out of summer workouts. Hated to lose him, but not sad to see his momma gone from the school. Don't think he really wanted to leave; and it's bad for him, because he will be ineligible this year, which is his junior year. I hear'd Baylor told them they could get him eligible, but I don't see how since Baylor's 20 mile radius "territory" encompasses Signal, and any "hardship" argument would be total BS. :rolleyes::popcorneater:

Glad to see he went to Baylor and not to CCS. I think it is wrong for anyone that transfers to a school from another school that in your district. Even with loosing a year.of being able to play. I think that is wrong. I am sorry that this turned out this way... but the one that will suffer the most is the the oldest, who lost a year of being able to play football. What coach will look at him to play in college? Granted he has some talent! He has quick feet and will flat lay a lick on you! lacks in size but could grow some to play D1, and has the mental makeup to go far, plus has the pedagree (Dad played at UTCand da Bears) I hope and pray that Helo Mom.(Who can be a very kind and careing person and was always good to me and my family) will let those 5  young men grow without her being directly involved in everything they do. I wish them all the luck in the world and safe passage up and down the mountain.daily.....

Now EAGLES lets put this behind us and play some FOOTBALL! We are here to support you and the Students and Community will rally behind you and and the coaching staff! You will only get better! Coach Wise is doing a Great Job and you are only getting faster,bigger and stronger with his direction! Remember who your team is and that you cannot do this alone! With your new Spiritual Leader in place, you will come to know that there is another teammate that will make a difference in your life...God! The most important teammate you could ever have. He can move mountains! Just wait and see!