GREENBACK "Cherokees" vs LOUDON "Redskins"

cherokean

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this but Greenback looked like crap. Fumbles, personal fouls out the butt, passes over the heads of recivers , passes behind them. Recivers and runnig backs dropping balls. Kids not knowing where they were supposed to be. Don't get me wrong there was some good passes and some well caught balls. Defense couldn't stop the run up the middle. I hope it's like highschoolfbfan is right that it's just cause they haven't played together. But they better get it together. I think some of the problem is they read all the post on here and stories in the papers about how good they are That they will be in the state championship game already. Well I hope this wakes them up!!!!!!! You have to play one game at a time and it takes 15 to be champions not just people saying they will be there.

First game of the year in a week filled with rain / practicing in the gym or wherever, everybody has ugly games I think. I've been thread hopping and most are saying the same thing. 1st game of the year is rarely a thing of beauty, GB is going to do well this year. How well will likely depend on how fast and how well they fix tonight's miscues.

I hate to say this but Greenback looked like crap. Fumbles, personal fouls out the butt, passes over the heads of recivers , passes behind them. Recivers and runnig backs dropping balls. Kids not knowing where they were supposed to be. Don't get me wrong there was some good passes and some well caught balls. Defense couldn't stop the run up the middle. I hope it's like highschoolfbfan is right that it's just cause they haven't played together. But they better get it together. I think some of the problem is they read all the post on here and stories in the papers about how good they are That they will be in the state championship game already. Well I hope this wakes them up!!!!!!! You have to play one game at a time and it takes 15 to be champions not just people saying they will be there.

Well, B.E.A.n we did look like the product of the north end of a southbound cow, but with glimmers of hope that were few and far in between. Our buddy, Chick, is a bit frustrated with the turnovers(all the coaches as a whole were) and a couple or so of the plays he called(what ifs). Hopefully the turnover gremlin want carry over to next Friday against G-P and this lose lights a fire under these young men's butts...

We had 7 turnovers tonight and that will not win any ballgames period! After all that it was 23-22 late in the 4th and we get a turnover on our side of the field and lose all momentum when our back up RB gets hit in the backfield while the QB is handing off. Loudon cam right through the A gap untouched. We have got to fix the turnovers, keep players on the field, learn our roles and accept them. Still trying to figure a lot out on D. But 7 turnovers? Our run game was non existent tonight which was surprising. Glad our passing game could keep it close. We just need our offense to stay on the field longer. Refs were awful on both sides. I thought I was watching WWF for awhile instead of football. I've never in my life saw so much extracurricular activity after a play away from the ball! Set a bad tone. Loudon came to play and took advantage of our miscues.

We had 7 turnovers tonight and that will not win any ballgames period! After all that it was 23-22 late in the 4th and we get a turnover on our side of the field and lose all momentum when our back up RB gets hit in the backfield while the QB is handing off. Loudon cam right through the A gap untouched. We have got to fix the turnovers, keep players on the field, learn our roles and accept them. Still trying to figure a lot out on D. But 7 turnovers? Our run game was non existent tonight which was surprising. Glad our passing game could keep it close. We just need our offense to stay on the field longer. Refs were awful on both sides. I thought I was watching WWF for awhile instead of football. I've never in my life saw so much extracurricular activity after a play away from the ball! Set a bad tone. Loudon came to play and took advantage of our miscues.

Were the TOos just fumbles?I know your dad told me we had 6 TOs in a scrimmage against Sweetwater.I really hope we can get a handle on this.The Loudon boy we have now i'm sure added fuel to the fire they wanted him back there real bad.Just need to regroup and get ready for GP these type games against 3A teams will help down the road.We have a brutal schedule so lets keep our focus on one game at a time. Edited by orngnblk