Week 0: Sullivan South @ Daniel Boone

SECPowerHouse

That's interesting. I think that most likely would have been West Greene but I don't know. I don't know yet what to expect out of this years edition of the Rebels. Looking at the Sonny Moore power ratings, if the Buffalos have not improved markedly, the Rebels would have had to fall from #38 to about #280 to be even with West Greene. I know they lost a lot but I can't see anywhere close to that far of a drop.

I think South will be fine and I know they lost a lot of skilled players off last years team but they always seem to adjust pretty good with the coaching staff they have.Am I wrong with that assessment.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think South will be fine and I know they lost a lot of skilled players off last years team but they always seem to adjust pretty good with the coaching staff they have.Am I wrong with that assessment.

Ten years ago I would have said no. They seemed to keep trying to force things that just were not working. They have shown more flexibility the last 5 years and seem more willing to change things up.

Boone is much improved this year and more experienced. They had very few seniors last year. I believe this will be a close one.

I am not close to the program other than just being a regular Boone fan.    What do you base this on?     Sure hope it's true because we have a very tough conference coming up, and the non-con games (think Science Hill, South, Elizabethton) are no cakewalk either

I am not close to the program other than just being a regular Boone fan.    What do you base this on?     Sure hope it's true because we have a very tough conference coming up, and the non-con games (think Science Hill, South, Elizabethton) are no cakewalk either

I base this on watching several scrimmages and the jamboree which they beat Morristown West 7-0. Even if it was a jamboree a win over the 10th rank team in 5A in a 12 minute quarter is not too shabby. Boone has better speed this year compared to last and is throwing the ball much better. Both lines are strong, secondary is improved but linebackers are a question mark.