William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

WB may get something after the fast clock starts but NOT before then...I do like your QB but he's going to be scrambling ALL night...

Actually just hope it's an injury free night for everyone.....

WB has gotten prepared for this game by scrimmaging (ooltewah) and playing (Lenoir City) teams with good defensive fronts. We looked terrible against Ooltewah but they are arguably the best defense in 5A and in the whole state regardless of classification. But since then the pass protection has improved tremendously albeit against lesser competition. But..... It's still worthy of notice because the pass protection didnt look so good in scrimmages we had earlier against Cleveland and Seymour and those teams aren't very good either. Our pass protection looked alot better against Heritage and Lenoir City, our two most recent opponents. I anticipate that Alcoa's defensive front will give us alot of problems but I don't see them living in our backfield like Ooltewah did.Our O-line will be able to keep them at bay some and that's when our receivers will be able to get behind your secondary defenders and catch passes for big gains and scores. WB has some athletes at the skill positions and they will make plays if the O-line does their part. I also think you are underestimating WB's defense. We are vastly improved on that side of the ball and I don't see Alcoa running roughshod over our defense. I don't think there'll be a running clock in this game. I see a competitive lower scoring game with the team that makes the least mistakes wwinning. Edited by Governors91

WB has gotten prepared for this game by scrimmaging (ooltewah) and playing (Lenoir City) teams with good defensive fronts. We looked terrible against Ooltewah but they are arguably the best defense in 5A and in the whole state. But since then the pass protection has improved tremendously albeit against lesser competition. But..... It's still worthy of notice because the pass protection didnt look so good in scrimmages we had earlier against Cleveland and Seymour and those teams aren't very good either. Our pass protection looked alot better against Heritage and Lenoir City, our two most recent opponents. I anticipate that Alcoa's defensive front will give us alot of problems but I don't see them living in our backfield like Ooltewah did.Our O-line will be able to keep them at bay some and that's when our receivers will be able to get behind your secondary defenders and catch passes for big gains and scores. WB has some athletes in at the skill positions and they will make plays if the O-line does their part. I also think you are underestimating WB's defense. We are vastly improved on that side of the ball and I don't see Alcoa running roughshod over our defense. I think this will be a lower scoring game regardless of who wins because both teams have stout defenses.

WB did in fact surprise me in the Jamboree and that's where on one play early that I noticed your QB absolutely overpower the a defensive end with an overhead chopping spin for a great gain which should have been a sure sack.....

I'd be highly surprised if Ooltewah's whole D-line is as big and talented as Alcoa's. 3 of the 4 will be playing at the Division I level next season, at least 2 of them will be FBS level.

I don't know about that but I do know they were very big, very fast, and very physical. Alot of the guys on their defense have been starting together for 3 years so they are very experienced as well. Edited by Governors91