William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

Eh. Wrong. Now if we were talking about last years No D WB team I would agree with you. But we have a really solid defense this year and they will not be able to line it up and run it at us and score alot of points.

Come down off your high from beating LC 91. You saw the size of Alcoas line at the jamboree last week. They can line up with anybody.

Come down off your high from beating LC 91. You saw the size of Alcoas line at the jamboree last week. They can line up with anybody.

Im not denying it. I never said they couldn't line up with anybody. Im just saying I don't think they are so good that they can just line up and run it at us and score 40 or more points. I just don't see it happening. I think the more likely scenario is it will be a lower scoring defensive slugfest like tonight. And I know their defense will be able to create problems for us but we will score. Our offense is better than it's been since Meadows left. Shad actually gets all our players involved and we are actually running more than 3 or 4 plays unlike we have in the recent past. Our QB will actually throw to the receiver that is open instead of throwing it to a guy in double or triple coverage. Our passing game looked really good tonight. I bet we completed close to 90% of the passes we attempted in the game. You wouldn't know it from the scoreboard though because the refs flagged us just about every time we had a good play and that's not an exaggeration. The point is this team is not your mama's WB team that got outcoached every single friday night. Shad is doing a dang good job. And I believe we'll always have a chance to compete with and beat whoever we are playing as long as he is here. Edited by Governors91

Im not denying it. I never said they couldn't line up with anybody. Im just saying I don't think they are so good that they can just line up and run it at us and score 40 or more points. I just don't see it happening. I think the more likely scenario is it will be a lower scoring defensive slugfest like tonight. And I know their defense will be able to create problems for us but we will score. Our offense is better than it's been since Meadows left. Shad actually gets all our players involved and we are actually running more than 3 or 4 plays unlike we have in the recent past. Our QB will actually throw to the receiver that is open instead of throwing it to a guy in double or triple coverage. Our passing game looked really good tonight I bet we completed close to 90% of the passes tonight. You wouldn't know it from the scoreboard though because the refs flagged us everytime we had a good play. The point is this team is not your mama's WB team that got outcoached every friday night. Shad is doing a dang good job. And I believe we'll always have a chance to compete with whoever we are playing as long as he is here.

They won't just run it at you and score 40 or more points. They'll pass and run to the outside too. Govs won't beat Alcoa this year. No chance.

Im not denying it. I never said they couldn't line up with anybody. Im just saying I don't think they are so good that they can just line up and run it at us and score 40 or more points. I just don't see it happening. I think the more likely scenario is it will be a lower scoring defensive slugfest like tonight. And I know their defense will be able to create problems for us but we will score. Our offense is better than it's been since Meadows left. Shad actually gets all our players involved and we are actually running more than 3 or 4 plays unlike we have in the recent past. Our QB will actually throw to the receiver that is open instead of throwing it to a guy in double or triple coverage. Our passing game looked really good tonight. I bet we completed close to 90% of the pass attempts tonight. You wouldn't know it from the scoreboard though because the refs flagged us everytime we had a good play. The point is this team is not your mama's WB team that got outcoached every friday night. Shad is doing a dang good job. And I believe we'll always have a chance to compete with and beat whoever we are playing as long as he is here.

As a fan, I hope you are right. I mean, I hope this is a really good game. But I think you are probably WAY overestimating the performance you saw of your team tonight against LC. Alcoa is no LC. Are there some questions on the Alcoa team that have to be answered? Yes. But I don't think WB is the one who can ask those questions and get the answers they want.

Im not denying it. I never said they couldn't line up with anybody. Im just saying I don't think they are so good that they can just line up and run it at us and score 40 or more points. I just don't see it happening. I think the more likely scenario is it will be a lower scoring defensive slugfest like tonight. And I know their defense will be able to create problems for us but we will score. Our offense is better than it's been since Meadows left. Shad actually gets all our players involved and we are actually running more than 3 or 4 plays unlike we have in the recent past. Our QB will actually throw to the receiver that is open instead of throwing it to a guy in double or triple coverage. Our passing game looked really good tonight I bet we completed close to 90% of the passes tonight. You wouldn't know it from the scoreboard though because the refs flagged us everytime we had a good play. The point is this team is not your mama's WB team that got outcoached every friday night. Shad is doing a dang good job. And I believe we'll always have a chance to compete with whoever we are playing as long as he is here.

I know about the unsportsmanlike penalties. I was at a friends house after the game. Jake called one of my buds. I don't get the unsportsmanlike call on the WB QB for using his shoulder pads. I'd like to have that one explained to me.

They won't just run it at you and score 40 or more points. They'll pass and run to the outside too. Govs won't beat Alcoa this year. No chance.

I too think Alcoa wins this game handily. But what makes Alcoa effective passing the ball is the element of surprise. They kill you with the run, and then when you HAVE to focus on that, they can mix in a pass effectively. If Alcoa tries to turn into a team that relies heavily on the pass they are in trouble. It's just not what they do best, week in, week out. It may not hurt them this week, but if they try that against the wrong team, they will complete quite a few to the wrong jersey.

I know about the unsportsmanlike penalties. I was at a friends house after the game. Jake called one of my buds. I don't get the unsportsmanlike call on the WB QB for using his shoulder pads. I'd like to have that one explained to me.

There was so much epic fail in the officiating tonight It's hard to know where to begin. In the first half we had 2 drives where we got flagged on just about every play. And we were called for personal fouls for stuff like fighting for a fumble in a pile. What was more frustrating was the Stuff they weren't calling on LC. They got away with a few facemasks and horse collars. And I saw some plays where they were getting away with holding and it was blatant.