Zion vs. Summertown @ Lawrence County HS

I rewatched the Loretto game and I will just say it... That was by far one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen... They had like 5-6 big plays called back on them... Including a 41 hard run by Chase Mote... We have been talking a lot about Chapman but you all need to focus on RB/LB Chase Mote and #8 Wade Parks. Parks is 5'3 127 pounds and not only did he have the first tackle in Summertown history he led the team in Tackles. Dalton New was a defensive force along with Hayden Farmar.. Once this team gets their grounding they will become a force

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rewatched the Loretto game and I will just say it... That was by far one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen... They had like 5-6 big plays called back on them... Including a 41 hard run by Chase Mote... We have been talking a lot about Chapman but you all need to focus on RB/LB Chase Mote and #8 Wade Parks. Parks is 5'3 127 pounds and not only did he have the first tackle in Summertown history he led the team in Tackles. Dalton New was a defensive force along with Hayden Farmar.. Once this team gets their grounding they will become a force

Watch it again and dig out your rule book as well. You must have at least seven people on the line of scrimmage, they only had six. That is why the big run from Mote was called back.

I am actually from Columbia but figured I would go and watch the eagles battle in their first varsity game and I have to say, even though they got beat, I was thoroughly impressed with many things I saw. First off, their QB Chapman had some great throws to the top reciever Dylan Powell. Powell has some great hands and can also get yards after the catch. Also on offense, RB Chase Mote had some great runs and was making people miss left and right and was a really hard runner. On defense, Wade Parks was a very small player but he still competed really well and had some good tackles. Mote was at safety and was flying up on all the plays too and

I must say he really knows how to lay a hit. Senior LB Hayden farmer had some pretty good tackles

Too.. I think summertown has lots of potential and think they will do pretty decent this year.

Loretto is Terrible. Don't get to excited yet. High school football is a long ten game schedule. Agreed there is some talent. But how deep are they. Loretto can't throw the ball period. Zion can and will. Let's see how that secondary holds up and let's see if they can get some pressure on zions qb. They will be able to score on them but can they stop them is question.

Loretto is Terrible. Don't get to excited yet. High school football is a long ten game schedule. Agreed there is some talent. But how deep are they. Loretto can't throw the ball period. Zion can and will. Let's see how that secondary holds up and let's see if they can get some pressure on zions qb. They will be able to score on them but can they stop them is question.

The 10 game part is correct... We had a great game but the boys need to stay focus and continue the style play they did friday night... Coach Mote is obviously a great coach because its rare that you see  that type of heart from every single player on every single play. Now I have been a part of the 2A district 11 group for the last 6-7 years so i have no clue on Zion or anybody else in our district.. But i do know football and if those boys continue that style of play they will prosper... GO BIG BLUE WAVERLY/SUMMERTOWN