Mt. Pleasant @ Perry Co.

Big Bigby

I share that...Hate them more than any other team actually other than Summertown... (Old Baseball rivarly!!)

I don't understand why Wayne Co. hates us. Football is a religion down there and Basketball is one here. Baseball for both programs have never been great but very competitive. I for one in Basketball hated Summertown more than Wayne Co. I didn't enjoy playing Wayne Co. in football because they were always in the top 5 in the State. Did i run on the field in 2010 after the Vikings beat the Wildcats 50-48 in 3 OT's you bet i did but that's the only "Championship" this program has ever won. I don't think this program will ever have guys like Jacob Tucker, Taylor Dill, Brandon Jones, Robert Peeveyhouse, Garrett Hill, Cannon Rhodes, R.J. Brown, or Cody Leegan ever again. Those guys from 2008-2011 were some of the best teams around but in '08 '09, and '11 Wayne County beat us. Atleast we got some kind of trophy in football because honestly this town never thought we would. If our team is competitive in Football than really that's all we ask for now. But a lot of people will lose interest like those other Viking fans that were on here because either they graduated or have kids that graduated so they really don't keep up with the team as much. I miss the back and forth games with Wayne County or at least those defensive games like in 2011 when Wayne County won 21-6. 

Edited by PCVikingBcast

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Wayne Co. hates us. Football is a religion down there and Basketball is one here. Baseball for both programs have never been great but very competitive. I for one in Basketball hated Summertown more than Wayne Co. I didn't enjoy playing Wayne Co. in football because they were always in the top 5 in the State. Did i run on the field in 2010 after the Vikings beat the Wildcats 50-48 in 3 OT's you bet i did but that's the only "Championship" this program has ever won. I don't think this program will ever have guys like Jacob Tucker, Taylor Dill, Brandon Jones, Robert Peeveyhouse, Garrett Hill, Cannon Rhodes, R.J. Brown, or Cody Leegan ever again. Those guys from 2008-2011 were some of the best teams around but in '08 '09, and '11 Wayne County beat us. Atleast we got some kind of trophy in football because honestly this town never thought we would. If our team is competitive in Football than really that's all we ask for now. But a lot of people will lose interest like those other Viking fans that were on here because either they graduated or have kids that graduated so they really don't keep up with the team as much. I miss the back and forth games with Wayne County or at least those defensive games like in 2011 when Wayne County won 21-6.

I don't really hate PC, that's just talk, but I do hate to lose to them in football and it's for the reason you stated, PC don't take pride in it. What I do hate is basketball! I hope PC don't end football, they just need the community to back them and get a coach to take them under his wing. Good luck to yall

Also add in a friend and co worker of mine who was The Center for 3 yrs for Tucker at PC, Alex Young...he was a good'un too.

He didn't even mention who in my eyes was the best player they had, Mercer

Dang how in the word did I forget Dray? Greatest running back I've seen around here. Also a great person. Played three years of basketball and baseball with him. Hate that he didn't play in college anywhere. Kid had a lot of talent. He could play a little basketball too. But his sport was football, big time. Good luck to yall too Wildcat. I'll be rooting for yall until yall play us of course but hopefully the Vikings will come ready to battle. Edited by PCVikingBcast

Well if #40 and #10 get through the line then they may have a chance but if Mt. Pleasant hits the corners, which i'm sure they will easily, Perry Co. will have a long night. Last night the team just laid an egg after getting to within 13 points when it was 21-8 but the most disgusting thing i saw was when the quarterback was going to handoff to the running back and one must've thought he was faking it but instead the quarterback handed it off, the quarterback dropped it and started walking off the field as Riverside ran it back 40 yards for a TD. The QB after he dropped the ball just shrugged his shoulders and just kinda motioned his hand in disgust. I am not sure if it's true or not but i've heard that this is the last year for the program but i highly doubt it because the Freshman and 8th graders coming up will make us competitive again. Just a long road to get there since we really don't have a lot of "athletes" and all of those that have a little athletic ability play basketball. Just a shame that Perry County Football is back to its ole self again. I enjoyed those 6 years when we were competitive. Hopefully they'll get better as the year goes on.

Yeah the "good years", when you have all the band wagon riders. Something I've sworn off from becoming... Good times or Bad times, I'll lend my support along with my constructive criticisms.

mTp has the speed to get gone if PC's defense allows it. My hopes are that the Tiger O-line will start to pick up on their assigned players, block them, and create some lanes for that Tiger speed to maneuver through for big gaines. Not be letting y'alls #10 nor #40 get through the line, rather picked up an blocked.

mTp's #4, #10, #23 & #38 can blaze a trail for a TD if givin room to run behind some good blocking or reaching an open corner.

Kids can get disgruntled pretty easy/quickly when things don't go their way. Frustration sets in and a "give up" mentality ensues which sounds like what PC's QB did by what you stated... Kids gotta learn to be mentally tuff/strong, to take the bad right along with the good. To turn that anger into harder work and driven, focused mentalities to do better and win... Patting kids on the shoulder and butt all the time saying it'll be O.K. helps at times but other times a kid needs to use that frustration and anger as fuel to get better.

Can't 'pet' them to victory.

These kids don't need to wait for others to get mad at them, then lash back out at other's angers at what they themselves have done wrong. They need to get mad at themselves and understand and agree with a righteous/understanding anger to respond with focus and I can do better attitude.

Not blow up, I give up, I quit, we just can't do nothing right mentality.

Yes sir. I agree. I'm mad too cause I know I blew it and can do better. I know you have a right to be disciplining me. I understand. I'll get it next time. I can do better. I'll study my failures and will work harder to improve them.... This should be the attitude from the players themselves.

Go Tigers!

Edited by Big Bigby

Yeah the "good years", when you have all the band wagon riders. Something I've sworn off from becoming... Good times or Bad times, I'll lend my support along with my constructive criticisms.

mTp has the speed to get gone if PC's defense allows it. My hopes are that the Tiger O-line will start to pick up on their assigned players, block them, and create some lanes for that Tiger speed to maneuver through for big gaines. Not be letting y'alls #10 nor #40 get through the line, rather picked up an blocked.

mTp's #4, #10, #23 & #38 can blaze a trail for a TD if givin room to run behind some good blocking or reaching an open corner.

Kids can get disgruntled pretty easy/quickly when things don't go their way. Frustration sets in and a "give up" mentality ensues which sounds like what PC's QB did by what you stated... Kids gotta learn to be mentally tuff/strong, to take the bad right along with the good. To turn that anger into harder work and driven, focused mentalities to do better and win... Patting kids on the shoulder and butt all the time saying it'll be O.K. helps at times but other times a kid needs to use that frustration and anger as fuel to get better.

Can't 'pet' them to victory.

These kids don't need to wait for others to get mad at them, then lash back out at other's angers at what they themselves have done wrong. They need to get mad at themselves and understand and agree with a righteous/understanding anger to respond with focus and I can do better attitude.

Not blow up, I give up, I quit, we just can't do nothing right mentality.

Yes sir. I agree. I'm mad too cause I know I blew it and can do better. I know you have a right to be disciplining me. I understand. I'll get it next time. I can do better. I'll study my failures and will work harder to improve them.... This should be the attitude from the players themselves.

Go Tigers!

BRAVO 😭

BRAVO 😭

My hats off to Coaches everywhere man, they do a tough, tough job. As a Father, and once long ago one myself, teenagers are an emotional Rollercoaster as a bunch of us know... Getting their heads on straight to perform their best is very challenging. Anything I can write to help that along with constructive criticism to build up understanding in one who might read it, I will write... Anything "destructive" is off the sheet in what I try and say and should never be taking as such. Sometimes the truth hurts when speaking the obvious, but only the truth will get one to a better place in life.:thumb:

My hats off to Coaches everywhere man, they do a tough, tough job. As a Father, and once long ago one myself, teenagers are an emotional Rollercoaster as a bunch of us know... Getting their heads on straight to perform their best is very challenging. Anything I can write to help that along with constructive criticism to build up understanding in one who might read it, I will write... Anything "destructive" is off the sheet in what I try and say and should never be taking as such. Sometimes the truth hurts when speaking the obvious, but only the truth will get one to a better place in life.:thumb:

Great post one of the best ive read in quite some time Bigby!!

That deserves 2 thumbs up bro!!

Heard through the grapevine last night that mTp could've had a beast of a freshman QB this year in a young man by the last name Frierson (6'2, speed and agility) who played very well for MP Middle School but we lost him to BGA... The "R" word was used....

Anyone in the know confirm/deny the rumor?

Anyways.... Go Tigers!

Heard through the grapevine last night that mTp could've had a beast of a freshman QB this year in a young man by the last name Frierson (6'2, speed and agility) who played very well for MP Middle School but we lost him to BGA... The "R" word was used....

Anyways.... Go Tigers!

Wow that blows man...kid plays all thru ur MS then poof hes gone. In all the yrs here at WC i dont recall that ever happening. We stay close knitted between Cwood, Wboro and Clifton (yes they produce the occasional football player lol...our #8 who scored 2 TDs is a Clifton resident).

Anyways.... Go Tigers!

It wouldn't be the first time that happened to MtP.