West vs Sevier County

gobears89

If West can get #54 healthy and back playing defense, things will look a lot better. He is getting close.  Mobley saw limited action on offense in the HVA game and needs further conditioning after being sidlined in Feb with a knee injury.  With those 2 big guys back healthy, look out!

I thought I read somewhere that you guys have a stud nose on defense is he out? I thought maybe he was #55 but he wasn't as dominate as this guy sounded.

GB

Edited by gobears89

I thought I read somewhere that you guys have a stud nose on defense is he out? I thought maybe he was #55 but he wasn't as dominate as this guy sounded.

GB

I think they were referring to #55, Tyler.  He plays with a lot of heart and is fearless.  I just think the guys were a little flat against HVA.  They should show some improvement against SCHS. 

West always starts the season slow. Even last year everyone was saying they weren't great bc they only beat Karns 39-0 and their performances against Farragut and Cleveland were sub par despite winning by a decent margin.

Obviously this team is nowhere near their caliber of talent but they still have some great young players and are learning a new system. They may not win this Thursday but a perfect season is not the goal...making the playoffs and playing ur best ball in November is.

These teams could very well play again in the playoffs and that game will be more important.

All that being said I see Sevier County winning bc of their talented backfield by at least 10. However, if West somehow wins this game, I'm sure a lot of people will still say they don't deserve to be in the top 10 in 5A.

Go West!

I think West and Sevier County both are Top 10 teams in 5a this year. Possibly even Top 5 to be honest. 

SC is definitely top 10 most likely top 5. I have said all along they will have a chance at the end to win it all. The SC offense will have nights where they will be unstoppable. The only question is will they stay healthy as the depth is just not there for the Bears this year. I don't know about West they lost 5 or 6 all state players that would be too much for most teams to overcome. In the Cleveland game the Bears just missed on at least 3 big play passing TDs. Some nights they will hit on all of them. Its been that way for the Bears for several years now. Ugly wins are fine but pretty wins are so much better. I just hope they get the W on thursday but I would not be surprised if they put up a big number on the scoreboard. Duece is way better than his performance last Friday would indicate. Also Banks will have some big runs so when both those things happen in the same night the Bears will be a tough out. Most of you know that its all about getting hot at the right time and I think 5A is pretty wide open so most of these top 10 type teams could probably take home the Gold with some luck. :popcorneater: 

GoBears!!