TCA vs USJ

Intense

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

It sounds like you had to stretch your imagination to come up with them. Your going to have to punch your use to be a country boy card when you come to the game next Friday. Sorry there won't be any mocha latte's and crumpets. Just coca cola and hog meat. A man has to get back to his roots.

I will never see USJ play how good is that qb?

He's pretty good! He was at TCA through 8th grade. Great kid and great family. Can sling it a long ways and is very accurate. Actually is an amazing scrambler as well. Hard to tackle when he gets in open field. Going to be a tough game.

Always love your writeups, Mr. TCAIntense =)

The last couple of years in this matchup Trinity has had the talent advantage on top of excellent execution. Coach Butler is super impressive, and I would not be surprised to see him big time one day (if he wants).

These things go in cycles though.

This year, USJ has a good mixture of talent, depth and experience while TCA is learning on the job.

Goldsmith will have a big run or two, but it might be tougher for TCA to sustain the running game than you think. USJ has good speed at LB plus size up front on the D line, including one of the best lineman in the country. They did a good job against a super talented, young RB for FACS last week.

X factor is execution in the passing game.

From what I've seen, USJ has enough with solid D and pounding the ball behind Big Trey Smith to win quite a few games this year. The passing attack wasn't quite in sync in game one, but if Underwood and his receivers start clicking this one could get away from TCA.

Likewise, if TCA starts throwing the rock around well in addition to the threat of Goldsmith in the backfield, this game could go down to the wire.

Though I personally think it'd be fun to see this game turn into an old school, three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust affair after about a decade's worth of air attack offenses from both these teams ;)

I'll take USJ by two TDs, decided in the fourth.

P.S. Still waiting on y'all to come home to DII B)

They don't want to go D11 they want to win some games each year. You start getting beat every year and athletes quit going to that school

Are you serious? D2 would be easier with the exception of Saint Georges, ECS and USJ on an annua basis. We already play them! We would drop Adamsville for Rossville Christian, etc, etc. We want to stay D1 because they have more teams and it means more to win a district or region championship.

Are you serious? D2 would be easier with the exception of Saint Georges, ECS and USJ on an annua basis. We already play them! We would drop Adamsville for Rossville Christian, etc, etc. We want to stay D1 because they have more teams and it means more to win a district or region championship.

Meh, not that much of a difference, assuming y'all would be in the West 2 DII division.

USJ and St. George's are almost always tough, likewise with Adamsville and Mckenzie. Fayette Academy is good every other year. Tipton Rosemark is on the ascent, kind of where TCA was about 10 years ago or so. Compared to Halls and Gibson County....

Now the other DII West district is stout. Harding Academy, Northpoint and of course ECS are all talented and capable of winning that district any given year. Newcomer Lausanne, in their third year fielding a team, has blue chip recruits already and just mercy-ruled 6A Germantown in week 0.

Of course, it's all academic until y'all make the jump.

Though I would be remiss if I didn't point out, in the interest of friendly-ish rivalry, that TCA would've missed the playoffs in DII the year y'all made it to Murfeesboro =P 

Meh, not that much of a difference, assuming y'all would be in the West 2 DII division.

USJ and St. George's are almost always tough, likewise with Adamsville and Mckenzie. Fayette Academy is good every other year. Tipton Rosemark is on the ascent, kind of where TCA was about 10 years ago or so. Compared to Halls and Gibson County....

Now the other DII West district is stout. Harding Academy, Northpoint and of course ECS are all talented and capable of winning that district any given year. Newcomer Lausanne, in their third year fielding a team, has blue chip recruits already and just mercy-ruled 6A Germantown in week 0.

Of course, it's all academic until y'all make the jump.

Though I would be remiss if I didn't point out, in the interest of friendly-ish rivalry, that TCA would've missed the playoffs in DII the year y'all made it to Murfeesboro =P

Haven't had a chance to sit down for a long response to your prior post as well as this one. First of all, we haven't been to Murfreesboro. We hope to go this year in basketball as we will have the team to get there. We have been to Cookeville once.

Your analysis of the game vs USJ is pretty good based on your limited knowledge. I can definitely see why you would pick them by 2 TD's after the first game performance by both teams. USJ beat a pretty decent FACS team. We got thumped by a potential state championship St George's team. I know these boys well. We go to church with them, we do business with them, we socialize with them. I will analyze the game but absolutely will not criticze a specific player.

First of all, USJ willol easily have the best QB on the field. He's experienced, he's a warrior and he's accurate. They will obviously have the best lineman in future NFL potential Trey smith.

Now, TCA will have the 4 best athletes on the field. #1 will be best back on the field and best LB. #5 will be best athlete on field and if TCA can get him the ball he will wreak havoc on USJ's defense. #4 is a 6'4" fast, athletic, high jumping receiver that can also play well at safety. #58 will be most athletic lineman in the game as he runs a 4.85 and is super strong. Those 4 could dominate the game.

USJ will have the edge with the supporting cast. They have a little more depth and are solid at all positions.

USJ will have a SLIGHT edge in kicking game. TCA has two kickers who can kick it over 40 for FG. Campbell is certainly capable of hitting a 45 yarder or beyond for the Bruins.

USJ has 4 key people out with injuries. I don't think any will be back Friday. One might be. All 4 were really good athletes. TCA has two key starters out of defense. One of those was a great backup RB. I think TCA has edge in this area with less injuries.

If TCA gets the ball to #1 and #5 the appropriate number of times and QB eliminates mistakes TCA could win by 2 TD's.

If Underwood is clicking with his passing game USJ could win by 2 TD's.

Prediction. TCA 28. USJ 24. It could come down to kicking game.

Here are just a few facts  concerning the TCA and USJ football series.  

Since 2001, these two teams have played 15 times and USJ leads the series 11-4.  Six of the fifteen games have been decided by 7 points or less.  

The longest winning streak by USJ is 6 games (2007-2012).  TCA has won the last two games betwen these teams by scores of 35-0 at USJ in 2013 and by a 52-14 count last year at TCA.

Here are just a few facts concerning the TCA and USJ football series.

Since 2001, these two teams have played 15 times and USJ leads the series 11-4. Six of the fifteen games have been decided by 7 points or less.

The longest winning streak by USJ is 6 games (2007-2012). TCA has won the last two games betwen these teams by scores of 35-0 at USJ in 2013 and by a 52-14 count last year at TCA.

+1