Westmoreland vs. Macon Co.

Wishbone

From my perspective, it looks to me like this group does not gel together very well. They look to be playing like 11 individuals instead of 1 team. I did see some improvements from last week to this week. As long as they keep moving in that direction, they may have a playoff run. Last year's group lost around 15 seniors and most of those kids had been playing for 2-3 years and they knew how to play as 1 unit. They were a very close group on and off the field and still are. If this group ever learns to play team ball they could open some eyes.

Has Westmoreland's team chemistry come together this week?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. The MO was thought to be a 2a title contender. A normal 2a contender would probably beat an average 4a team.

correct but at enrollment at 530 in Westy and 950 in Macon, MC should be winning this 9 of 10 years. I still see MC beating Jackson County and getting one more upset....but I dont see any other wins on thier schedule.

Not really. The MO was thought to be a 2a title contender. A normal 2a contender would probably beat an average 4a team.

I agree. Trousdale has proved that much time and time again. Might prove it again this weekend too that smaller classification teams that are contenders will usually beat average to good 3a and 4a teams.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I agree. Trousdale has proved that much time and time again. Might prove it again this weekend too that smaller classification teams that are contenders will usually beat average to good 3a and 4a teams.

i still go back and think when 1a Gordonsville won state in 2012, still lost to 3a. Smith Co who finished 3rd in this district. 4a MC should almost always beat 2a Westy. MC beat TC last year...and TC went on to a deep playoff run is another example. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

i still go back and think when 1a Gordonsville won state in 2012, still lost to 3a. Smith Co who finished 3rd in this district. 4a MC should almost always beat 2a Westy. MC beat TC last year...and TC went on to a deep playoff run is another example.

You are missing the point. You said Macon/MO is like LA/Jackson. The MO was thought to be a 2a title contender (postaldude). The point being...the MO got drilled by a probably below average 4a team. Therefore...they are not likely a 2a title contender. It was not a good analogy. Jackson is nowhere near a 2a contender...LA is an average 4a team.

You are missing the point. You said Macon/MO is like LA/Jackson. The MO was thought to be a 2a title contender (postaldude). The point being...the MO got drilled by a probably below average 4a team. Therefore...they are not likely a 2a title contender. It was not a good analogy. Jackson is nowhere near a 2a contender...LA is an average 4a team.

my point was MC was a below average 4a team last season and beat TC and TC stll had a good season. UH was an average 3a team and beat Monterey 34-0...Monterey still had a good season. The point is, even if sat JC was expected to be good in 2a, they shouldnt bee looked down at by losing to an average 4a team like LA.

my point was MC was a below average 4a team last season and beat TC and TC stll had a good season. UH was an average 3a team and beat Monterey 34-0...Monterey still had a good season. The point is, even if sat JC was expected to be good in 2a, they shouldnt bee looked down at by losing to an average 4a team like LA.

LA would be a 30 point underdog to Trezevant...the #1 rated 2a team by Sonny Moore's rating service. Again...the point is the MO is no title contender.