Cowbell Week! Lawrence @ Giles

JAFO

Yes, Walt knows how I feel and the majority of Giles County. I have told him that he is nothing but a liar. A good Christian man wouldn't have done or do the things he has done. Showing up for church on Sunday doesn't make you a Christian. Just curious do you know the reason he was let go at Mt. Pleasant? I hope the Bobcats win and if they do it will have nothing to do with Walt's coaching but the other coaches doing what is right.

1610 I will tell you straight up I know the man as personally as anyone. Know his family, know how he is with his kids and know how he treats and coaches his players and you are flat wrong. Will argue that any day of the week. As I said not hard to find. For the last 3 years he has done nothing but what is best for the kids at Giles Co. And taught them more than just football. If the community doesn't see it then he needs to move on and they need a coach like they had, one that would cheat his own mama to try and win. I mean in reality if you know the situation then you know as I do if Walt doesn't become HC at Giles there is a good chance that they don't play in the finals in 2013. Word was that if the coaching change didn't happen TSSAA was looking at a playoff ban for back to back rule violations by the previous staff. Those kids that got to experience that trip to Cookeville how easily it could have turned out differently. But you know hey as long as you are winning guess it doesn't matter how you get it done right??

I am so glad mine graduated and is away from all this foolishness but 1610 I agree with you 100%. This coaching staff and his wanna be coaching buddies have successfully taken this program from tops in the state to where it is now. Had to beg the man to do speed school, practice is over at 5 ish, the workouts and conditioning is all about his top players while the rest are basically standing around. Go to a freshman or jv game and look at this fabulous coaching staff gathered away from everybody shooting the breeze not paying a bit of attention to these frosh or jv players while some unknown coaches are at least trying their best to coach. Its about development, you start working the @#$% out of them their freshman year. ALL of them. Run the old staff in the ground all you want but they started developing as soon as they were frosh. Is football important in Giles County? Look at all the feeder programs in this county that are doing more conditioning and developing than this bunch will ever even think about doing. Finally I know Walt personally too, is he a low life? Of course not, is he in over his head? Yes I think so. Good Luck to the Bobcats, I hope they win the rest of them. Dog me all you want, I will not respond.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catfan68 won't dog you even though I don't agree with all your opinions at least you express them with some class. Here the deal contrary to what many believe you don't have to practice 7 hours a day or skirt rules to gain an advantage and win games. Coming up Ibcan remember sitting and talking to a well respected coach who has won 8 state titles and talked about practicing. He told me if you go over 2 and 1/2 hours you are wasting your time. By that time kids are zoned out and you are not accomplishing much. It is not about how long you practice, that is the broken record I have heard from many cat fans the last few years, but more so what you do in the time you got them.

Catfan68 won't dog you even though I don't agree with all your opinions at least you express them with some class. Here the deal contrary to what many believe you don't have to practice 7 hours a day or skirt rules to gain an advantage and win games. Coming up Ibcan remember sitting and talking to a well respected coach who has won 8 state titles and talked about practicing. He told me if you go over 2 and 1/2 hours you are wasting your time. By that time kids are zoned out and you are not accomplishing much. It is not about how long you practice, that is the broken record I have heard from many cat fans the last few years, but more so what you do in the time you got them.

Much respect wardawg, Is Walt a good family man? without a doubt. Is he the coach we need for this program? I dont think so. Maybe if he would let Flippo have the offense, the talent is there. We could go back and forth all day and its not going to accomplish anything. Things are what they are, time will tell, savor tonight because the schedule really gets tougher. Keep the Bell!!

snm.gif​

Either you are a Bobcat Fan or yer not. Walt is the coach. He is a good man. It's his program until his boss says otherwise. A true fan of Giles County High School and the Giles County community will support the program. Support the program & the kids. Or buy you a hat of a different color... :ugeek:

Bobcats get it done tonight. Man up together as a team. Look each other in the eye in that locker room and never let your teammate down. The Cats from Giles have got this....

snm.gif​

Either you are a Bobcat Fan or yer not. Walt is the coach. He is a good man. It's his program until his boss says otherwise. A true fan of Giles County High School and the Giles County community will support the program. Support the program & the kids. Or buy you a hat of a different color... :ugeek:

Bobcats get it done tonight. Man up together as a team. Look each other in the eye in that locker room and never let your teammate down. The Cats from Giles have got this....

Well if it aint the old man, wondering where you were. Miss listening to you on the air. Guess we have to let the younguns have it sooner or later. Hope yall have a good year.

Wow is this what every thread is going to be like all year?  So here is my 2 cents.  I know there is over 20 or so friends, family and  co-workers coming to the game tonight for only ONE reason, to show their support for a kid that they all know and love.  Most of them don't know who Walt  is, they are there for the kid.  When the game is over they will all huddle around him after the team prayer and take photos with him.  I am sure there are several more kids in the same boat.  Its this type of support these boys and coaches need win or lose.  I am sure the stands will be full of coaches that haven't been to a single practice or game this year, but will be more than ready to offer up an opinion.  Here is a thought, keep it to yourself til the ride home.  Get your phone out do a vine or instagram rant and let everyone see it then.  Ask the girl from LC how well her rant on youtube went over with summertown.  Bottom line the old proverb still stands true, If you can't say any thing nice don't say any thing at all.  Most of us just come to the game to support our kids or coach.  Just remember that is some ones child or grand child you are ranting about.  Never want to be on the bad side of a mother or grand-mother.  BTW I will break out my old faithful DADX5 hat if anyone wants to talk about the game before or after not during.  Come toss a few bags at the corn hole board and eat some good grub pre game.  GO CATS!!!

Wow is this what every thread is going to be like all year?  So here is my 2 cents.  I know there is over 20 or so friends, family and  co-workers coming to the game tonight for only ONE reason, to show their support for a kid that they all know and love.  Most of them don't know who Walt  is, they are there for the kid.  When the game is over they will all huddle around him after the team prayer and take photos with him.  I am sure there are several more kids in the same boat.  Its this type of support these boys and coaches need win or lose.  I am sure the stands will be full of coaches that haven't been to a single practice or game this year, but will be more than ready to offer up an opinion.  Here is a thought, keep it to yourself til the ride home.  Get your phone out do a vine or instagram rant and let everyone see it then.  Ask the girl from LC how well her rant on youtube went over with summertown.  Bottom line the old proverb still stands true, If you can't say any thing nice don't say any thing at all.  Most of us just come to the game to support our kids or coach.  Just remember that is some ones child or grand child you are ranting about.  Never want to be on the bad side of a mother or grand-mother.  BTW I will break out my old faithful DADX5 hat if anyone wants to talk about the game before or after not during.  Come toss a few bags at the corn hole board and eat some good grub pre game.  GO CATS!!!

A crisp 5 dollar bill says you wont get your pic took with him after the game...just you and him. Got to mess with you 5.. :rolleyes::roflolk:

Edited by Catfan68

1610 I will tell you straight up I know the man as personally as anyone. Know his family, know how he is with his kids and know how he treats and coaches his players and you are flat wrong. Will argue that any day of the week. As I said not hard to find. For the last 3 years he has done nothing but what is best for the kids at Giles Co. And taught them more than just football. If the community doesn't see it then he needs to move on and they need a coach like they had, one that would cheat his own mama to try and win. I mean in reality if you know the situation then you know as I do if Walt doesn't become HC at Giles there is a good chance that they don't play in the finals in 2013. Word was that if the coaching change didn't happen TSSAA was looking at a playoff ban for back to back rule violations by the previous staff. Those kids that got to experience that trip to Cookeville how easily it could have turned out differently. But you know hey as long as you are winning guess it doesn't matter how you get it done right??

😂 ROFL, this guy's clueless.