Science Hill (1-0) vs. Bradley Central (2-0)

Acumen

Oh we had our gripes too. The last play that ended the game was a bad call against Bradley as well. Spike the ball and it gets called a fumble. Not saying we would have won, but would have liked the chance to try.

All that aside, congrats to the Science Hill Hilltoppers. That was one heck of an effort by both teams on the field. If every game we play is like the last two, this series will become highly talked about.

I agree they were awful all night and you would hope post game you wouldn't have the officials part of post game recap.

The reality is we had the first down by a good two yards and we should have been taking a knee then the same guy calls illegal procedure and we haven't even set the line. Watched the film...both of his calls with 48 seconds left were criminal plain and simple.

Having that behind us. BC played with heart and your defense had us trying hard to get it figured out. Our QB was running for his life most the night. You guys will win a lot of games this year!

Best of luck the rest of the way!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they were awful all night and you would hope post game you wouldn't have the officials part of post game recap.

The reality is we had the first down by a good two yards and we should have been taking a knee then the same guy calls illegal procedure and we haven't even set the line. Watched the film...both of his calls with 48 seconds left were criminal plain and simple.

Having that behind us. BC played with heart and your defense had us trying hard to get it figured out. Our QB was running for his life most the night. You guys will win a lot of games this year!

Best of luck the rest of the way!

I try not to get into that too much. I don't expect perfection but sometimes...... Oh we fixed the sideline warning  issue at halftime. As most know we have a cover on the sideline where the players stand. After we got penalized, at halftime they painted a black line halfway back and the players had to stand behind that, and let the coaches have the area between that and the official marker lol.  I think that will stay in place  too.

We have a new DC and switched to the 3-4 and that has been a pleasant surprise. And the new DC has brought a whole new attitude and aggressiveness to the defense. I love it. If not for our defense SH would have been up 28-0 in the first quarter. They played GREAT.

New OL this year, and they are having to get better on the fly. Our QB was running for his life most of the game as well. SH defense lived in our back field and shut down the run for only about 67 yards rushing. With great defense you can win a lot of games.

Good luck to Science Hill the rest of the way. Outside of Maryville I think it's going to make for an interesting battle to 2nd to 4th for the home field advantage in the play offs.

Sorry my nerves are never touched .. It was a comment with a "wink" in other words a "joke" posted on the first comment ....But like all the other Hill fans ....you just can't take the jokes -so yes your nerves were touched a little !!

Touched a nerve huh? No matter what you say or how many upside down pics you post you guys need to understand the climate has changed. SHHS is your equal and then some in football. Instead of appreciating your team you feel entitled. You are troll's. Lousy Internet troll's.

Glad to be back home with a win. Tough fought game with as bad as officiating as I have ever seen. The spots were atrocious. Film showed we have the first down by a full two yards on the last drive. Sad that that crew actually officiates games and gets paid for their incompetence.

Great win through adversity! Go Toppers!

Edited by TicketToRide

Glad to be back home with a win. Tough fought game with as bad as officiating as I have ever seen. The spots were atrocious. Film showed we have the first down by a full two yards on the last drive. Sad that that crew actually officiates games and gets paid for their incompetence.

Edited by TicketToRide

In the first half they called a backward lateral a forward pass. Science Hill would have recovered. And they missed a safety, #10 broke a tackle on the 1 and was tackled in the end zone. Terrible call.

In the first half they called a backward lateral a forward pass. Science Hill would have recovered. And they missed a safety, #10 broke a tackle on the 1 and was tackled in the end zone. Terrible call.

I don't know about the safety. I was too far away with a bad angle to even try to make that judgement. But I do know it was close. At first I thought  it was likely a safety and was mildly surprised it wasn't called that.

I don't know about the safety. I was too far away with a bad angle to even try to make that judgement. But I do know it was close. At first I thought it was likely a safety and was mildly surprised it wasn't called that.

Great thing about Hudl film is every play is on the internet now so we can see the play results. It was a safety but given how the refs were spotting the ball no surprise on the call.

In any event great effort by both teams. Also sad that out locker room was broken into during the game. Filled a duffle bag up full of our kids stuff. Good news is the have the kids on video that did it so hopefully our kids will get their valuables back.

Great thing about Hudl film is every play is on the internet now so we can see the play results. It was a safety but given how the refs were spotting the ball no surprise on the call.

In any event great effort by both teams. Also sad that out locker room was broken into during the game. Filled a duffle bag up full of our kids stuff. Good news is the have the kids on video that did it so hopefully our kids will get their valuables back.

stay classy BC